R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   KO Propo Help please (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/79817-ko-propo-help-please.html)

acutts 08-02-2005 11:37 PM

KO Propo Help please

I currently have the following items (Helios radio, Hara Twister 2.0, KO PDS 2363 SERVO) and someone said that all the settings could be done from a PC ... however I don't know what I need to buy to connect them? Is there one adaptor that can connect all these items to a PC and play with the settings?

Any help appreciated!!!!!

danjoy25 08-02-2005 11:54 PM

checkout out: www.kopropo.com

it the ICS cable that you need to buy. ;)

acutts 08-03-2005 05:28 AM

Thanks for that but there seems to be 2 differnet items and I don't know if I need them both.
61012 KO Propo PC Interface for ICS Servo VFS 1, 2, J
61003 KO Propo ICS Communication adaptor for EX10 Helios

Do I need to buy both these items? Has anyone used any of this?

Hebiki 08-03-2005 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by acutts
Thanks for that but there seems to be 2 differnet items and I don't know if I need them both.
61012 KO Propo PC Interface for ICS Servo VFS 1, 2, J
61003 KO Propo ICS Communication adaptor for EX10 Helios

Do I need to buy both these items? Has anyone used any of this?

acutts... Robert will jump on here and help you out. but if you want to do your VFS..and your servo (im assuming its the ICS version) the handheld adapter will work you will just need the appropriate "card" for each one. this allows the handheld adapter to be used for the servo or esc by plugging in the proper card.

you can find more info here: http://www.kopropo.com/ICS.htm

i believe you will need a different interface for each one (servo, esc, radio), meaning you need both items above :D robert, correct me if im wrong on that one ;)

Myker* 08-03-2005 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Hebiki
acutts... Robert will jump on here and help you out. but if you want to do your VFS..and your servo (im assuming its the ICS version) the handheld adapter will work you will just need the appropriate "card" for each one. this allows the handheld adapter to be used for the servo or esc by plugging in the proper card.

you can find more info here: http://www.kopropo.com/ICS.htm

i believe you will need a different interface for each one (servo, esc, radio), meaning you need both items above :D robert, correct me if im wrong on that one ;)

hebiki, i think he wants to use his computer to do all the programming?

Hebiki 08-03-2005 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Myker*
hebiki, i think he wants to use his computer to do all the programming?

yup you can definitely do that. :nod: just download all the software and get all the interface cables. :nod:

im just not sure if there's a specific one for each item (esc, servo, radio) i have the esc PC Interface. thats it. :p

KO PROPO Staff 08-03-2005 11:16 AM

Programmer

acutts-
To program everything with the PC you will need the ICS Value Set #61001. This includes the PC interface and the adapter for the EX-10 Helios. I beleive the current programs that are offered with this value set are the Helios, servos and VFS-2000. You can download the VFS-1 program for free from our website. This will allow you to program the radio, servos and esc.
-Robert

brandbrainz 08-03-2005 11:36 AM

I use nearly the same equipment and tested both, the handheld and the PC version. I found programming on the PC much more usefull. You can store as many setups as you've got space on your HD. The programmer only allows 3 setups and you can't use it with your helios.

stegger 08-03-2005 01:06 PM

If i have thr software downloaded onmy laptop is there anybody out there in forum land who knows what the pin configeration is for the leads required to connect the Helios,servos and VFS-1????? ;)

brandbrainz 08-03-2005 02:24 PM

There is more to the cable then just the pin configuration. There are several electronic parts when you open the plug that's connected to the PC

stegger 08-03-2005 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by brandbrainz
There is more to the cable then just the pin configuration. There are several electronic parts when you open the plug that's connected to the PC

They are probably resistors. can anybody post a picture???

acutts 08-04-2005 12:30 AM

Thanks for the Info guys :nod: :D

brandbrainz 08-04-2005 01:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jepp:

stegger 08-04-2005 02:26 AM

BRANDBRAINZ thanx for the picture but i can't make out the spek of the micro resistors etc. Also can you post a picture of the reverse side.........
Thanks again

djgoku 07-30-2008 03:55 PM

bought ICS USB Adapter 4 Helios

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff (Post 1735343)
acutts-
To program everything with the PC you will need the ICS Value Set #61001. This includes the PC interface and the adapter for the EX-10 Helios. I beleive the current programs that are offered with this value set are the Helios, servos and VFS-2000. You can download the VFS-1 program for free from our website. This will allow you to program the radio, servos and esc.
-Robert

Recently bought ICS USB Adapter, to progam my mini-z 2,4 and my Helios EX-10,
But Dont know what cable to use on the Helios?
Could you help me, read on the manual that I should use the "multy acces port" but the cable suplied have only 3 pins and the port has 8 wich 3 out of the 8 should I connect to?