R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #16
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by locked View Post
I had a couple of T3'12. I never owned the '11. In '12 they added the upper dif clamps that connect the camber links, instead of the shock tower mounts. I believe that was also the year they added the east/west servo mount. Before it was a bit weird with the servo north/south with the horn in the middle of the top deck. I loved my T3'12 spec cars. They were insanely durable cars. I beat the hell out of those cars and barely broke anything. They were awesome for helping me get quicker without worrying about a few hits.

T4 is capable of carrying more corner speed when set up right. I've heard the '14 is even better, but I just have a couple of the T4 '13 spec cars. I love them. If I had raced more this winter I would have picked up a T4'14 or two, no doubt.
Totally accurate. The T3'11 is still a good car, and more than capable of being competitive at a club level. However, the T4 series of cars will carry more corner speed, produce more grip, and all the while still using the same consumable parts as pretty much every Xray TC since 2006 save for a couple minor mold changes.
RC America|EA Motorsports|ORCA
Danny Buck
WCICS Rep - Round 1, Saskatoon, SK
Danny-b23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:40 PM   #17
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Avemaria View Post
Hi guys!

Been using Tamiya TA05v2 for club level touring for a long time, thinking of moving over to Xray and thinking of getting a used T3 11 or maybe spend to get the new T4, just wondering between these pro kits is the difference significant enough? Is the 4 year development gap huge between this 2 kits?
Just a silly question; why switch to XRAY when you have all of those Tamiya spares lying around? Why not a used 417/418 variant? It would cost the same as T3/T4 and you could reuse your spares...
RC.A. - Tamiya Chapter (so many shinny blue parts..) O_o

Sponsored By - http://enginesbyotto.com/ & my wallet (mostly my wallet actually...)

@Art_Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote