R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-24-2015, 10:19 AM   #586
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Bought a lightly used tc6.2 with a diff and Spec-R DCVs almost 8 months ago, had to do a rebuild after breaking some parts up front and discovered that the previous owner had installed a small dowel pin in the bigger Spec-R hole in the axle, while using the TC6.2 hex hub. This created a lot of slop between the axle hole and the pin, as it just flops around in the hole.

I did try to install the larger diameter pin that is supposed to fit the Spec-R DCV axles but it won't go all the way through so I can install the hex hub. I really like the all metal Spec-R DCVs but I will remove them if I can't find a solution to this sloppy fitment.

My question is how does the slop affect the performance, steering and handling?

The car never felt as good as the TC6.2 that I assembled a few months earlier and I've never been able to get the used TC6.2 to hook-up like the my first one. I may be buying a Associated DCV to replace the Spec-R DCV to ensure proper fitting and eliminate the slop, unless I can find a way to get the Spec-R DCVs to work with the proper sized pins.

Any input is better than none so take your best shot.

Thanks,

Oo=00=oO
OttoKrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:20 PM   #587
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_vector View Post
Unfortunately you can't. iOS 8 rendered it obsolete and no longer supported which is normal in the software industry. Therefore a web based application was written by Martin which he can keep updated easily and won't fall fowl to an OS upgrade etc. you have no choice unfortunately if you want to continue using martins fantastic setup advise.
I am talking about the android app.
lookieaefanboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:40 PM   #588
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookieaefanboi View Post
I am talking about the android app.
I expect the same theory applies.
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent 977 EVO2 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.0, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:28 PM   #589
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Crisp View Post
Hi Everyone.

I thought I would start this thread where you can post setup questions and I will do my best to answer them. Based on the volume of questions in the "Traction Rolling" thread, I thought this might be a good idea.

Cheers.
Martin Crisp
Hi! I am wondering how to start a forum post? I want opinions on a setup I might buy of a losi scte. Thanks in advance!
Lukas RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:49 AM   #590
Tech Master

Martin there is a thread asking about Ackerman, and I posted a question with no answer from anyone, I was hoping you could shed some light on it.

One of the questions I have always had about Ackerman, is how does it work on a Touring car with a spool? When a spool equipped TC turns does the inside tire slip as it can't turn faster then the outside tire? So if the tire is already slipping what effect if any would Ackerman have?
Old 11-09-2015, 04:44 PM   #591
Tech Adept

Dead Thread????
Romac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 01:17 PM   #592
Tech Adept

wow this is a lot of info but GREAT info. I hope this thread goes on.

I'm currently going to tq racing carpet track and begun to feel my backend get loose on power exiting a turn.

I recently changed my diff oil to 7k and put 500cst oil in all four corner shocks with full rebound. I'm thinking the full rebound is the culprit of me having oversteer. Any thoughts?
Gel2al2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 03:45 PM   #593
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gel2al2d View Post
wow this is a lot of info but GREAT info. I hope this thread goes on.

I'm currently going to tq racing carpet track and begun to feel my backend get loose on power exiting a turn.

I recently changed my diff oil to 7k and put 500cst oil in all four corner shocks with full rebound. I'm thinking the full rebound is the culprit of me having oversteer. Any thoughts?
oversteer on exit solution-
#1 lighter rear diff fluid
#2 lower the rear inner camber links
#3 more rear toe
#4 add front toe out
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:12 AM   #594
Tech Regular

I'm an off-roader but think you might be able to help.

What's the practical differences between setting rear toe using inboard settings or outboard?

On the same theme how about front rake. My buggy can change the angle of the inner pins and/or the outer yokes to create different rake angles?

Thanks in advance guys, does Martin still contribute?
Volition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:39 PM   #595
Tech Fanatic

Hope this is still active thread. I have a new Mugen MGT7 ECO on road car. I'm running the factory diff and shock oils (300K F& C and 50K R and 60 CST in the shocks). The car ran great the first time out on a green track. Only problem I had was the back end wanted to jump out coming out of slow speed turns (either L or R) as I accelerate. Before I go and soften up the bottom end of the ESC is there any setup changes you would recommend? No tweak (F/R) as far as I tell. With the droop settings I have in the car there is very little down travel in the rear shocks. I was thinking about adding some more rear droop to keep the inside tiress from unweighting and possibly lifting as the car rolls coming out of the turn.

Last edited by John Wallace2; 06-20-2016 at 03:53 PM.
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:44 PM   #596
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
Hope this is still active thread. I have a new Mugen MGT7 ECO on road car. I'm running the factory diff and shock oils (300K F& C and 50K R and 60 CST in the shocks). The car ran great the first time out on a green track. Only problem I had was the back end wanted to jump out coming out of slow speed turns (either L or R) as I accelerate. Before I go and soften up the bottom end of the ESC is there any setup changes you would recommend? No tweak (F/R) as far as I tell. With the droop settings I have in the car there is very little down travel in the rear shocks. I was thinking about adding some more rear droop to keep the inside tiress from unweighting and possibly lifting as the car rolls coming out of the turn.
The first thing I would recommend is adding more droop to the front, which would allow more weight transfer to the rear under acceleration.
SpidarX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:23 PM   #597
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidarX View Post
The first thing I would recommend is adding more droop to the front, which would allow more weight transfer to the rear under acceleration.
Actually I did that, but the car accelerates straight as an arrow in a straight line from either a standing start or coasting. It only has a problem when exiting a turn and applying power thus I'm thinking it has more to do with the lateral weight transfer. It couldn't be my driving
Old 06-21-2016, 01:31 PM   #598
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
Do you say you have 50k oil in the rear diff? Most on road electric cars using gear diffs run rear diff fluids in the range of 1K on low grip surfaces to 10K on high grip surfaces. You don't mention whether the track is asphalt or carpet. Sounds like the rear diff is over powering the front of the car causing the car to oversteer on power exiting a turn especially noticeable when accelerating from a low speed corner. Since you don't mention what surface you are running on and the track is green you could start at 2K for asphalt and 3K on carpet. Gradually increase weight of diff fluid from there to improve rotation.
Leester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:12 PM   #599
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leester View Post
Do you say you have 50k oil in the rear diff? Most on road electric cars using gear diffs run rear diff fluids in the range of 1K on low grip surfaces to 10K on high grip surfaces. You don't mention whether the track is asphalt or carpet. Sounds like the rear diff is over powering the front of the car causing the car to oversteer on power exiting a turn especially noticeable when accelerating from a low speed corner. Since you don't mention what surface you are running on and the track is green you could start at 2K for asphalt and 3K on carpet. Gradually increase weight of diff fluid from there to improve rotation.
Thanks Yep that is what I run in my 1/10th scale cars, but it is 50K and it is the factory diff oils for this 1/8th scale car. I did find the front droop was uneven so I fixed that today, otherwise the setup is what a friend used to win a big race in Browsville. It was a green track whenI tested so maybe the 50K was too much for that green track. However, I want to get it on a race prepped track before I depart from a successfull setup that has been used on this track BTW it is an asphalt 1/8th scale track.

Also I noticed I said 60 CST in the shock, it is really 600CST.

Last edited by John Wallace2; 06-21-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:09 PM   #600
Tech Master

Hope somone can help:
I have an Xray 2015 T4 that seems to turn tighter to the left than the right. The servo arm is set straight up and the turn buckles set to factory dimensions, the EPA is equal, sub trim is at zero.
When I put the car on a set up board the front wheels weren't pointed straight, to get them straight I had to add sub trim and adjust the steering turnbuckles. Now one turnbuckle is .020 longr than the other.
outlandr91 is offline   Reply With Quote