R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-17-2015, 06:04 PM   #571
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock Tower View Post
Thanks for the info and link to the explanation.
But now we have to pay again for the same service just on another platform ??? Why......
Apple made the app obsolete in the iOS-8 update. Martin had no say in the matter. Apple forces developers to constantly update their apps to keep up with whatever whim they decide upon. Not every developer can afford to maintain the pace at which Apple changes their requirements to stay compatible. I'm sure you got your money's worth as this was the best TC app out there IMO.

Now, the new service is web based and therefore is not at the mercy of any operating system, not to mention including many more features that you couldn't get with the app.

Mine still works fine on both my Android and iPad. I prefer not to update my OS until I understand the downside.

Your frustration should be directed at Apple not Martin. Your app still works, Apple just decided it will no longer work for you.
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:32 PM   #572
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

+1 on apple's aggressive upgrades. However, as a developer you should know what your getting into.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:02 PM   #573
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Ha Martin, it was this time last yr I asked you a few questions about real race cars. So it's that time again and can understand your terms better than the guys on the real car forums.
I can do pretty good work setting up our rc cars. How does what I know about rc convert over to real cars?
I ask cause several have suggested stiffer spring rate will give more corner speed by increasing traction. This is autoX racing on parking lot.... I'm driving a 86 c4 vett autoX only car... Until I get a cage built for road racing. Thanks Martin
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 12:45 PM   #574
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Hpi touring rally car

Hey marten my buddy offered me a hpi touring rally car setup with a brushless system or a brushed system that has a lipo cutoff and can run 3s .he says their is not much difference what is your opinion ?Thanks
Jerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:13 PM   #575
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well.... I updated my ipad (stupid me) and lost the app.
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:26 AM   #576
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi Martin, I have a quick question for you. Whats the best way to eliminate traction rolling? (TC 6.2, carpet track, rubber tires) Would going lighter shock oil help at all?
Thanks
Old 03-16-2015, 10:11 AM   #577
Syd
Tech Rookie

Default Issues with banked sweeper

Hi Martin,
I need some setup assistance. I was trying out Ryan Makers setup this weekend on my boosted 13.5 car and was having some problems through a high speed banked sweeper, the car was bottoming out on the exit of the sweeper and causing it to spin out. I then started to raise the ride height to 6mm in the rear and 5.5 in the front but the car was still scraping pretty badly and the car was starting to understeer more on power through high speed turns and oversteer when I apply throttle while exiting corners. In the final I ran 7mm in the rear and 6.5 front. The car was scraping less but developed a sideways "bite" while coming out of the sweeper forcing me to let go and tap the throttle to correct the car. The understeer and oversteer also got worse.

This was the setup I started with:
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/vbcracing/setupwildfired06/WFD06_RyanMaker_SMA2014052325/

The surface is medium-high grip prepared asphalt and the sweeper is following a 35m straight so speed is quite high through the sweeper.

Last edited by Syd; 03-16-2015 at 10:45 AM.
Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:34 PM   #578
Tech Regular

Thank you for the time you invest in helping others Martin. This thread has been so good I went ahead and subscribed to your web app.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:47 PM   #579
Tech Rookie

Default ESC's Modified Car help !!

Hi Martin hope you can help ! I'm setting up a 1/10 Modified touring Car currently/ fitted Corally 4.5t Motor / Turnigy 27kg Servo / Specktrum SR301 receiver, trying to keep budgets down I brought two TrackStar Turnigy Turbo 120A ESC's "HobbyKing" the one in my F1 car ok ! (21.5 Brushless motor) Modified NIGHTMARE ! glitching run away car intermittent loss of signals (swapped out receiver same probs) bla bla.
They claim handling capabilities down to 4T motor ! don't think so.
SO now that I've been a cheap nasty bugga your suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! I got the Corally motor "Brand new"
great deal so would like an ESC that will perform / and a LCD tuning card. I am currently looking at a Orca VXX from our local dude with LCD tuner New Zealand $300, not a lot of info on these as yet, understand they are setting up in N America currently. If I don't have to spend this kind of money all good, but if this is the only way (Quality I suppose) so be it !your thoughts Cheers Martin/ Kurt/
kurt.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:20 PM   #580
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GSPOT

what happened to the android version on the google store? I just had to do a master reset and cant find it.....??
VTA member #126
GSPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:48 PM   #581
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt.s View Post
Hi Martin hope you can help ! I'm setting up a 1/10 Modified touring Car currently/ fitted Corally 4.5t Motor / Turnigy 27kg Servo / Specktrum SR301 receiver, trying to keep budgets down I brought two TrackStar Turnigy Turbo 120A ESC's "HobbyKing" the one in my F1 car ok ! (21.5 Brushless motor) Modified NIGHTMARE ! glitching run away car intermittent loss of signals (swapped out receiver same probs) bla bla.
They claim handling capabilities down to 4T motor ! don't think so.
SO now that I've been a cheap nasty bugga your suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! I got the Corally motor "Brand new"
great deal so would like an ESC that will perform / and a LCD tuning card. I am currently looking at a Orca VXX from our local dude with LCD tuner New Zealand $300, not a lot of info on these as yet, understand they are setting up in N America currently. If I don't have to spend this kind of money all good, but if this is the only way (Quality I suppose) so be it !your thoughts Cheers Martin/ Kurt/
First try to install a capacitor to your receiver. 4700uF, 16V and solder it to a servo wire and plug it into your receiver. Big chance your glitching will be over.

www.machheemstede.nl
..................................Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Gkh2xZcQU
Modified 4 life
Govert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:09 AM   #582
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Does anyone know where to get the apk? As I had purchased app through google play and after os update it no longer appears available there.
lookieaefanboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:42 AM   #583
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookieaefanboi View Post
Does anyone know where to get the apk? As I had purchased app through google play and after os update it no longer appears available there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Crisp View Post
LOL!!

Hi, yes this is true and was discussed in this forum at some length

The setupworkbench.com site indicates that the app does not work on IOS8 and that development on the setupworkbench app has stopped because I lost the source code and frankly tired of dealing with Apple. Instead I now offer a web based application that runs on any device called learnsetup.com. I designed it so it looks and acts like a an app running on your mobile devices, but you can also run it on your laptops, desktops, tablets, running unix, osx, windows or whatever your flavour is. This new app was launched about a year ago. One important benefit of this new app is that you can see setups that others share with you including pro setups. You can of course always save your own setups and keep the private if you prefer. This new app is an annual subscription of $10 per year, which is inexpensive and from what I hear from everyone, provides great value.

To learn more about this new app go to http://www.learnsetup.com

Cheers and make it a great day!

Martin.
Hope that helps!
C=64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:52 AM   #584
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Yes I know all that, I have read through the thread. A web based site that requires you to be on the internet is useless to me and I wondering where I can acquire the application that I paid for that does not require that.
lookieaefanboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:22 AM   #585
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookieaefanboi View Post
Yes I know all that, I have read through the thread. A web based site that requires you to be on the internet is useless to me and I wondering where I can acquire the application that I paid for that does not require that.
Unfortunately you can't. iOS 8 rendered it obsolete and no longer supported which is normal in the software industry. Therefore a web based application was written by Martin which he can keep updated easily and won't fall fowl to an OS upgrade etc. you have no choice unfortunately if you want to continue using martins fantastic setup advise.
Serpent Viper 977e EVO2, Serpent Viper 988 GP, Serpent Project 4x, Serpent 811T-TE Truggy, Serpent 811e 2.1, Serpent SRX2-MH, Serpent SRX-2 RM, Serpent SRX-4, Serpent F110-SF2, Serpent F180, Serpent 748 Natrix WC, Serpent Cobra GT 3.1, Serpent SRX8, Serpent S811 2.2, Baja 5B Flux, Atomic AMZ 1/27th, Schumacher GT12 SS.
Sanwa, Ielasi Tuned Novarossi Racing Engines, Tekin, Hobbywing, Muchmore.
dan_vector is offline   Reply With Quote