Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ETS Grand Canaria 2014

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
Well I'm really asking how they determine a tie breaker. Both had 1st and 3rd positions as their counting races.
Originally Posted by chasingthepack
ahh,i dont know for sure but id guess it counts back to seeded position
I'm fairly sure that if equal on points, it goes on your combined race times or something like that, not quali or seedings.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, do you guys know what is the hand-out tire additive for this round?
Old 03-03-2014, 02:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleburr
Looks like Xray had the best cars for the finals, Hagbergs maybe just a touch too safe to challenge for the win.
The Rays did look a bit more locked-in than the others
Old 03-03-2014, 03:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I'm fairly sure that if equal on points, it goes on your combined race times or something like that, not quali or seedings.
It's the time of the best final that decides. Volkers A3 time of 16 5.15.404 beating Hagbergs A2 time 16 5.19.759.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by daveaustin5
Interesting to see who officially gets 2nd from race 1.

It looks like Krapp went over the line before Moore. His lap didn't register because his battery had come out but that shouldn't matter as everyone can see he beat Moore.
Krapps car was also underweight when he crossed the line
Old 03-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Rookie

As i am here and attended the ETS in Gran canaria i would like to put some things straight.
The line you see on the video is not the finish line, it is 21/2 meters further. If you look at the oncoming finals you wil see an extra line they have added which is the actual finish line. So Chrissie did not as Scotty said cross the line,! As he has won here 2 years ago hevshould have known.
The adfitive used was mr33 outdoor sauce.
There is NO hockey pitch next to the track, there is a basket ball field next to the track, is asphalt, ! And a soccer field which is grass!. This year compared to last year we had no sand on the track, the poor grip was caused by the coating they applyed to the asphalt. Hope this answers a lot of questions.
I am eager to know where the assumpions came from?
Old 03-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xray53
As i am here and attended the ETS in Gran canaria i would like to put some things straight.
The line you see on the video is not the finish line, it is 21/2 meters further. If you look at the oncoming finals you wil see an extra line they have added which is the actual finish line. So Chrissie did not as Scotty said cross the line,! As he has won here 2 years ago hevshould have known.
The adfitive used was mr33 outdoor sauce.
There is NO hockey pitch next to the track, there is a basket ball field next to the track, is asphalt, ! And a soccer field which is grass!. This year compared to last year we had no sand on the track, the poor grip was caused by the coating they applyed to the asphalt. Hope this answers a lot of questions.
I am eager to know where the assumpions came from?
I don't think it really matters where the assumptions came from. The fact of the matter is that the grip was low this and the past 2 years and maybe it's time to move it somewhere else because the track looked painful and no fun to drive on.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
I don't think it really matters where the assumptions came from. The fact of the matter is that the grip was low this and the past 2 years and maybe it's time to move it somewhere else because the track looked painful and no fun to drive on.
Or use a softer tire at this track
Old 03-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xray53
As i am here and attended the ETS in Gran canaria i would like to put some things straight.....
Thank you for the insight
It is a shame about the level of grip, as it really did ruin the racing action
Old 03-04-2014, 01:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Fred, i agree. I've been coming here since they started, it's time to move on.Portugal would be nice.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:10 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't understand why the ETS goes to Spain, as far as I am aware touring cars isn't that popular there. It should be going to countries in Europe where touring car racing is popular, like the rest of the rounds, UK springs to mind, slightly bias perhaps but makes sense
Old 03-04-2014, 04:24 AM
Tech Master

A UK round would be nice, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Various people have enquired but for a variety of reasons it would seem unlikely. Shame, but personally speaking I understand the reasons.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MattW
A UK round would be nice, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Various people have enquired but for a variety of reasons it would seem unlikely. Shame, but personally speaking I understand the reasons.
its about time the ets had a wet race
Old 03-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

We had plenty of rain in appledoorn last year thanks.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bar
I don't understand why the ETS goes to Spain
What I don't understand is why they don't come to a nice track in Spain, in actual mainland Spain, rather than go to Gran Canaria where spanish people can't go watch. It's confusing to me.

Gran Canaria is an Island. It's got water all around it, making it more of a task going there to watch a race. Sorry to spoonfeed people, but it is what it is. Nobody's going to be able to get in their car and drive there.

If for example the race was in Madrid, it'd be four hours away from me in car. It would be basicly 4 hours away "to everyone" in Spain.

I see no point in it being held on a remote location on an island.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.