R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-29-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Red face A few questions about KO Propo Shotkie Diode and Novak...

Hey all.
I am running a 8 turn mod in my car and i thought about getting these items to enhance its performance.

I was looking into getting a KO Propo Shotkie Diode its like 8 diodes all in one unit. Now can i use this on my GTX speedcontrol?The reason i am asking such a dumb question is that on the instructions its states only to use on KO Propo speedcontrols! I think it should be fine to use.

Also looking into getting a Novak 8200 uF power cap. What will this do that the original power cap cant do? I know it stores power but do you think its too much holding power for the GTX?

EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:06 AM   #2
Tech Master
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

the power cap may help slightly.. if your racing.. it stores small burst of power..

the shottkey diode does not change performance.. the diode is a saftey device.. it is a filter... your motor sends back harmfull frequencies, to the speedo. most common while breaking.. the shottky prevents them from getting back to the speed control.. I know on my KO speed controls, if you did not run a shottkey the brakes would not work...

this is what i was told by a novak tech..
HERE IS MY TRADER FEEDBACK ON HOBBYTALK. http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/itrader.php?u=8257
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:30 AM   #3
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I only run a diode on the motor if 1) it's required, 2) I'm using a lot of brake. With my GTX I rarely run one an like I said, only when I have to use consistent brakes. Novak makes a diode that I believe is like 12 diodes all in one.

You probably wouldn't notice much of a difference with the larger cap, but it would give you a little more rip out of corners. With my GT7's I would always run 2 4700 caps.
Weylin Rose - www.shiftedcinema.com

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote