R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-30-2005, 07:24 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic
Send a message via AIM to TeamPink91

I have had good luck with the EPIC Roar stock motors, you just have to make sure you gear them for the slight loss of torque they have to the monster, but they do have a poo load of rpm if you tune them right to make up for it.
TeamPink91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 07:27 PM   #17
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

[QUOTE=basementLOSI]Actually the P2K is the most "powerful" motor of them all. It pulled something like 140 watts. This has not been matched to date by any stocker.

Is the green machine the current stocker with the most RPM? I have heard EPICs are good..

I guess I should rephrase: the P2K2 is the most powerful stocker currently available, just slightly less wattage than a P2K (its no wonder Trinity still sells the P2K2 even after the introduction of its supposed successor: the Monster). The Green Machine is currently the King of RPM for stock, but I've never heard of someone running one in off-road (the vehicles are so heavy and the courses are tight and twisty). A properly prepared MVP (ala Big Jim tuning) can give a P2K2 a run for its money, especially in the RPM department, while not being too soft in the torque department.
RandomFellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 08:20 PM   #18
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I don't race stock, but i've seen alot of racers use the EA motors. Those motors are pretty fast.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 08:31 PM   #19
Tech Master
Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Where I live, I cannot remember how long it has been since I've seen a P2K2 used on a track, no matter how tight the track was. If you are talking about off-road I could see the point about the P2P2 being the best on certain tracks but not any longer on on-road...especialy tight carpet tracks. I always keep a couple ready for action though but I haven't had a need in to use it since the Monster came out. On carpet, the GM is very, very rarely used. They just lack too much torque to be of any use.

In my area, the motor of choice is the Monster. Some guys run the Epic BS too though with very good results. The BS is harder to tune than the monster, has a little more RPM and a little less torque.

Those are my 2 main motors.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:12 PM   #20
Tech Elite

P2K2 is a ripping motor for touring. They need about 3 more teeth than a monster, but they are great getting out of the corners. Haven't raced stock on carpet, but the P2K2 should do even better on a tight carpet track.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote