Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Jack I sent you a message
Old 11-10-2005, 04:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jack, any thoughts on making the sedan tires with the softer inner foam? Just wondering.

Last edited by mcsquish; 11-10-2005 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Thanks Jamie
Anytime Mike, see you this weekend.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Brian- We offer only two fronts and one rear in 1/12 scale. The darker base is a little firmer than the lighter base. Most people don't notice much of a difference. We now make all the 1/12 in the softer base and the sedans in the firmer one.
Well I'm confused now. My local hobby shop has purple fronts and D. pink rears and they are all the darker base. So would this mean these tires are wrong and shouldn't be on the market because they have the darker (firmer) base and not the lighter (softer) base that you say all the 12th tires are coming with? The only other 2-stages I had before were labeled 2-stage rear and 2-stage front so I want to make sure I get the same tires I was running before. Thanks. And I like the new rims.

Brian
Old 11-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Jack Rimer you have pm I have a question for ya
Old 11-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
Well I'm confused now. My local hobby shop has purple fronts and D. pink rears and they are all the darker base. So would this mean these tires are wrong and shouldn't be on the market because they have the darker (firmer) base and not the lighter (softer) base that you say all the 12th tires are coming with? The only other 2-stages I had before were labeled 2-stage rear and 2-stage front so I want to make sure I get the same tires I was running before. Thanks. And I like the new rims.

Brian
These tires are not "wrong". The first tires we sent out for production this year had the firm base. We switched to the softer base simply because the firm bases are more difficult to mount using our current machinery for 1/12. I'm not sure if you will notice a difference on the track.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Jack I see on Trinity's web site they say they will have "New Capz Dual Stage Touring and 1/12th Scales Tires"

I heard that you had a patent on these and they were going to be exclusive to Jaco? I knew Trinity was selling your tires in their booth at Cleveland, but not that they were doing the same 2 stage tires.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Jack,

this past week-end i try the 2 stages touring tire....these tire are awesome...they feel more planted on the track and my lap time was faster with only the tire change... these tire give me more steering and the car have more corner speed and stay easy to drive... and at the same time i have the opportunity to try how strong the new wheel are..and what i can say is..they are really strong....one time i hit the wall and i broke an arm...and my tire and wheel stay perfect!!

thanks for your great product and support!!

Pace
Old 11-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

We applied for a patent on this style of tire about one year ago. For anyone else in the United States who wishes to sell or manufacture this type of tire, they must have it licensed by JACO or manufactured by JACO for their own use. Suffice to say that TRC and JACO have discussed these options and an arrangement that is mutually beneficial will be worked out.
As far as our tires being on sale at Cleveland, I have said it before- Don't read into this too much. It is simply a matter of convenience for both JACO and Trinity. They want to sell the hottest items at one of the world's premier events. We want our product available for the first time at Cleveland. The arrangement works. I hope we both sell a lot of tires because if they don't make money, we don't make money.
Pace- Thanks for the positive comments on the tires. We have worked very hard in the last year to improve our current products and introduce new cutting edge tires that make a difference on the track. As a company, we don't usually debut a lot of new items, but when we do we try to make them significant.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default jaco wraps

hey dirty we have them in stock both touring and 1/12 call after 6pm eastern ask for tommy,as i just got shipment today and day guy cant inventory them!

1-201-599-0066
Old 11-18-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone else in the US have the touring 2 stage tires in stock?
Old 11-18-2005, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Tower Hobbies does.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

EA Motorsports...
Old 11-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Supply will be much more plentiful after Thanksgiving. We have a new shipment of rubber arriving next week. We had to have two filler orders of rubber aired in from our supplier to try to meet the demand, but we are still behind. We went through a two month's supply of rubber and rims in about two weeks. We continue to ship to the distributors and I haven't heard too much about shortages, but I know we can improve. These tires do take longer to make and we are building new machines to facilitate the process.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Thanks Jamie
Jamie / Mike: I have a bunch of 1/12th wraps new & used of you want...I'm having too much fun running my 415msx..

Jack...thanks for the reply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.