Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JACO tire news

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Korgae,

It's been many years since we have talked...I think the last time we talked was the Canadian ROAR nats (2001?). Thanks for the congrats on Vegas...luck was on my side that weekend.

As I said in my original post I think the better tire has all to do with the level of grip provided by the track. My local track does not have the grip level of vegas or Cleveland simply because we never have the opportunity to run 75K laps in 4 days like vegas. At those big races I think the jaco's reduced steering compared to the speedmind helps drivers be more smooth, but at the club level racing week in and out the speedminds have more steering and produce better laptimes. Both are great tires, but I think both have their sweet spot.

Jack,

I can understand why you would make the comment about my results having somthing to do with me being sponsored by speedmind, given that most people will be biased towards their sponsors. If however, I was being biased and unfair to jaco tires why would I point out how the track grip level determine the better tire? I think Jaco makes great tires and at ultra high grip events like cleveland and vegas they make the car easier to drive than the speedmind tires for now, as I tested both at Cleveland last year. But at the local club race level where grip is not like cleveland/vegas I have found the speedminds to be quicker due to the increased steering. I think your other comment was suggesting that I don't have much experience with the jaco tires and that is why my results were slower with Jaco's. Just to clear that up, I have driven many pairs of jaco tires over the years as I always want to know how other tires feel.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Can anyone say how many runs that these tires have in them before they are not useable anymore?
I can run standard foams for 4-5 club races and I always start at 58mm.
It almost sounds like these are one-two week wonders.
Don't get me wrong, I like new go-fast parts as much as the next guy, but I do not want to have to buy a set every two weeks.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:59 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sharkman
Can anyone say how many runs that these tires have in them before they are not useable anymore?
I can run standard foams for 4-5 club races and I always start at 58mm.
It almost sounds like these are one-two week wonders.
Don't get me wrong, I like new go-fast parts as much as the next guy, but I do not want to have to buy a set every two weeks.
Hey Sharkman,

Start these at 58mm and you should get more weeks of racing out of them. They do now wear as fast as normal foams.

EA
Old 11-07-2005, 06:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Martin, my implication was not that you were showing an unfair bias towards your sponsor, but that you were perhaps not as familiar with our line of tires. I know for a fact that many of our drivers don't limit their choices to double pink and double pink/orange. Paul Lemieux sometimes runs double pinks all around and the X-Ray team found that purple/orange fronts yield more traction in some situations. It is not fair to any brand to compare one tire combination on a given track. This is why we offer many different compounds.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Martin, my implication was not that you were showing an unfair bias towards your sponsor, but that you were perhaps not as familiar with our line of tires. I know for a fact that many of our drivers don't limit their choices to double pink and double pink/orange. Paul Lemieux sometimes runs double pinks all around and the X-Ray team found that purple/orange fronts yield more traction in some situations. It is not fair to any brand to compare one tire combination on a given track. This is why we offer many different compounds.
Hey Jack,

I don't disagree with you, nor was I suggesting in any of my posts that one test was conclusive, which is why I indicated in all my posts that different track conditions may produce different results. I simply tested the most common combinations of both brands and got the results as indicated.

Last edited by Martin Crisp; 11-07-2005 at 09:08 AM.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

jack you have a PM.

EA
Old 11-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What is the most common tire combo for high bite with 2 stage all around? (12th scale 19turn or modified)

Thanks
Old 11-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
What is the most common tire combo for high bite with 2 stage all around? (12th scale 19turn or modified)

Thanks
Mike,
I thought you are sponsored by Speedmind.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

1/12 stock its white rears and purple wrap front
mod or 19 turn its double pink wraps front and pink rears(wraps)
sedan almost everyone runs double pink double pink oprange wraps stock or mod
Old 11-07-2005, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamie Corrado
Mike,
I happily am , but do you see 12th scale tires in their catalog?

Need somehting to run on until that is fixed.

Thanks Smyka
Old 11-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamie Corrado
Mike,
Jamie what compound were you running sunday?
Old 11-08-2005, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey Jack you gots a PM
Old 11-08-2005, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew_Cat
Jamie what compound were you running sunday?
Drew,
I ran double pink(wraps) all around on the 1/12. For sedan I ran double pink/orange and double pink(standard) as our distributer is out of stock until the end of the month on the wraps.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

It seems to be popular at the track to glue the sidewalls with a bit of CA. They tell me it helps prevent chunking. No one could tell me if it took traction away. I would imagine it does. Can anyone give me some details of how much, if any, traction I'll loose by doing this. And is it just a myth this will help prevent tire chunking?
Old 11-08-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by weliin
It seems to be popular at the track to glue the sidewalls with a bit of CA. They tell me it helps prevent chunking. No one could tell me if it took traction away. I would imagine it does. Can anyone give me some details of how much, if any, traction I'll loose by doing this. And is it just a myth this will help prevent tire chunking?
You CA the side walls, usually just the fronts, to prevent traction rolling more that chunking the tire. While gluing the sidewalls does help chunking somewhat, we have found that the new Jaco Wraps are very, very durable!! I have run a set of 2 stage dbl pink fronts for 28 sessions and 2 stage dbl pink rears on my car for 35 sessions with just swapping from right to left to even wear!!! Not one chunk or separation of foam from wheel!! Awesome tires!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.