Wiki Posts
Search

JACO tire news

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dayger
Hard to believe after helping somebody out in every way but building the car for him that he could disrespect me so poorly. If anyone watches the mains they would know I have been on the receiving end of situations far more than the giving end. Peter must have changed his mind after telling me after the race that he blew the corner anyways, oh well. In my mind I did what I was suppose to do even though it could not of been my fault. And that was stopping my car and taking myself out of contention for the win. If that's not enough, then I guess he will just sit there behind that computer and type some more about it on rctech.
Dayger I was in the race and was right behind you guys when it happened. Peter did miss that corner and you just carried the corner speed and couldn't lift in time. Seems to me after all the flack you are catching on it you should have just kept going and won the race. A wise person once told me rubbing is racing and there will be time to apologize after a race.

Don't worry about it just make it count next time.

Michael Skeen
Old 10-24-2005, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
Dayger I was in the race and was right behind you guys when it happened. Peter did miss that corner and you just carried the corner speed and couldn't lift in time. Seems to me after all the flack you are catching on it you should have just kept going and won the race. A wise person once told me rubbing is racing and there will be time to apologize after a race.

Don't worry about it just make it count next time.

Michael Skeen

Hell yah man keep it pinned take the win stop for nobody appoligize for not doing it sooner. You didn't see Tony Stewert pull over and let JJ back buy yesterday did yah and after the race Tony said oh well. this whole gentlemens thing of pulling over isn rc cars is so stupid because you must first show me a gentlemen that races these cars!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Rubbing is racing. We all do it.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I dont agree. I think you should try and pass clean. If you cannot make it-nail the brakes or lift and tuck back behind. The only times its approapriate is if the guy is a known blocker or a rough driver. Then a little side to side tap to let the other guy know whats-what I think is OK. As long as you dont turn him into the board or anything like that.

I also thnk if you do stuff someone-stop and wait.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Clean passes are always good. But in some of the National races people in the A are there to win.

In other forms of racing this same topic is there. it is not going away. I myself do not try and punt some one. I am usually getting the punt
Old 10-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rayhuang
I dont agree. I think you should try and pass clean. If you cannot make it-nail the brakes or lift and tuck back behind. The only times its approapriate is if the guy is a known blocker or a rough driver. Then a little side to side tap to let the other guy know whats-what I think is OK. As long as you dont turn him into the board or anything like that.

Ray is dead on my point of view here.

I would love to win, but I want it clean or not at all. I race to race, not push people out of my way just for a trophy. I bet if you asked Frank right now he would tell you that he'd have had a better time without any wrecks and catching them on his own. Win or lose, I know I would have.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

those cars are to fast to see. how fast do those little things go?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

what up tj how u doin
talk to ya later

cheston
Old 10-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

OH-btw-I should clarify that I do not posses the skills to make unreal and clean passes I just try to make unreal and clean passes.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

12th scale used to be fairly civilized. It wasn't uncommon to see A-Mod drivers, who bumped someone wait at a triple crown race. Now it's all considered "incidental contact"

In fullscale motorsports if one driver blows a corner, and the driver following him taps him whose fault is it? I say it depends on the situation. If the second driver is too close to check-up and miss driver one, it's nobody's fault i.e. Racing incident. If Driver one blows it, then tries to drop back down on driver one to block, driver one is at fault. If Driver two rails in and plows driver two because driver two is just a bit outside, then driver two is at fault. I say the same thing goes for r/c.

Anybody got a link to the video?
Old 10-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Anybody got a link to the video?
http://www.rc50.com/media/12thstock.ram
Old 10-24-2005, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G Ace
Thanks Mr. Acey!! Will you be at the Champs this year? Been a long time since I got to make fun of you in person.

Ian
Old 10-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayhuang

Ray I didn't say hack your way to the top. I was in the race and I was a lap down due to altercations at the beginning of the race i.e. someone parking me in a wall LOL So I had a very clear view of it. as a matter of fact I pulled over and let those guys go back by after the "incident".

I'm saying that peter went wide and they were so close that dayger couldn't have done anything about it. He waited, but peter's car was slow to turn over and calandra went by. So dayger went to salvage any chance of a win. I'll be honest if that happened yes I'd like to pass clean but that was an accident not a blatent hack. I guess I'm not as good of a sport as some. I'll let anyone pass any time if they are faster, but if I'm in 1st or 2nd with a chance to win and an accident like that happens I wouldn't stop and wait and give up another spot. This was a national or world type event. Racing is racing.

If you want to get picky... if what dayger did was not the "right thing" then I guarantee you that peter taking dayger out in the chicane as payback should be grounds for penalizing like they do in Nascar. Come on guys this is toy car racing its not that big of a deal. Sure we all want to win...

I was angry when I got piled into the wall at the start but what am I gonna do hack those 2 or 3 cars the rest of the race? Nah just prepare for the next race...

later

Michael
Old 10-24-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

jeff here is a side note for you notice i didnt wait in florida and it just think if you would of just gone then he would of never got to pay you back .. but it was a hell of a race and i think frank still would of won he was way faster then both of you guys the last three minutes
Old 10-24-2005, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Michael-I dont know if I was disagreeing with you in particular-but the general theme that was starting to be aired that a bump pass is a good pass or more so that anyone should think that they can make a pass when theres no opportunity or opening present. By that I mean the driver in front has not made a mistake and opened the door or your not just so much faster that you can motor them on a strightaway and get the line for the next corner.

Also-my comments have nothing to do with Dayger and Robinson in particular.

I just see so many ill conceived and even more poorly executed passes-even by our cream of the crop.

NOw having typed all this-I guess I am gonna hack someone this weekend and get booed for having a big mouth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.