Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JACO tire news

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if ROAR is going to outlaw them, they need to tech for them at the end of the A-mains (minimum, my opinion).

2-stage or wraps can be on any wheel. of course not for sale by anyone other than Jaco, but drivers from other teams (wheels tire sponsored) had them. Jaco wasn't the only one running these until the news got out about 6-8 months ago when a cut away pic was posted in the 12th forum of a pro-drivers wheel that someone cut inhalf and they are finally publicly available....now they are a ROAR concern...amazing
Old 10-13-2005, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

and jeez I though I had started something over on techtalk. I have been missing out on all the fun over here. so does anybody want to see the set of 2 stage trc tires I have? they are a little dry rotted as I got them last november in toledo.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

If the term "laminate" refers to the bonding of two dissimilar materials then all dual compound fronts must be considered illegal. This is how it was interpreted by EFRA. You now may not run dual compound fronts in competition as a result of their ruling. Imagine going to a race and not being able to run double pink/orange, plaid, etc. This is the rule in Europe. Contrary to what many think, you don't have to have these tires to win. Tosolini won Snowbirds with regular tires and Calandra won Vegas with regulars too.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:44 AM
Suspended

Hmmm, last I checked the Indoor Champs isn't a ROAR sanctioned race.

Therefore, hiding behind the ROAR Rulebook is a cop-out.

They're allowing 3600s, 3700s, and 3800s at this race, but they're not ROAR legal. If they're going to use the "ROAR Rulebook" excuse, then they shouldn't allow those batteries either.

Can't have it both ways.

Last edited by McSmooth; 10-14-2005 at 04:56 AM.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by McSmooth

They're allowing 3600s, 3700s, and 3800s at this race, but they're not ROAR legal. If they're going to use the "ROAR Rulebook" excuse, then they shouldn't allow those batteries either.

Can't have it both ways.
THEY can you forget there in charge and do just what THEY like.

Best thing everyone could do is boycote events not allowing the jaco's / 2-Stage tires. Weird how on one minded till the masses could get them ?!?!?!
Old 10-14-2005, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McSmooth

Can't have it both ways.
That's the problem, no consistancey. The the way the roar rules are written leaves alot of room for inturpretation. It should be black and white, not grey.

Foam glued to Foam is ......well.....Foam. No different, as many have stated, then multi-compound fronts that we all run. I can't remember, so correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Trinity/TRC the first to release multi-compound tires?
Old 10-14-2005, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Anyway ,

Where do i go to get hold of a set of these jaco 2-stage's for EVALUATION purpose's ?? no where seems to have them instock
Old 10-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well, I got my Jaco 2 stage wheels and tires in. They are lightweight and very grippy. Although I am not happy with the one of the rear wheels. The wheel and tire are not trued at all. I checked to make sure there was no problem on the mounting area of the wheel too (like excess plastic, etc).

I can expect that Jaco mounted tires will not arrive perfectly true after shipping and everything, however this one wheel is out of acceptable range. When you spin the wheel, you can feel the vibration being transferred to the car. So now, I would have to resort to taking this brand new tire/wheel to a tire truer and remove some tire. If I was made out of money, I wouldn't care, but I don't think it's right to spend $22 on 2 rear wheels, and then have to take it straight to a tire truer and remove 15% (or more) of it's life right off the bat.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
so correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Trinity/TRC the first to release multi-compound tires?
actually it was TRC only, back about 20 years ago. you could get blue orange 12th scale tires. so it wasn't original thinking. now that's as far back as I go in RC I could only assume that some of the other competitors had similar compounds. would some of the old timers back me up. I never ran 1/8th onroad back then.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Katana Man, just contact Jaco.....I am sure they will replace the product......they have reputation of standing behind all of their products 100%....

Jack Rimer, who posts on here, is the owner of Jaco...

Later EddieO
Old 10-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Merciless
THEY can you forget there in charge and do just what THEY like.

Best thing everyone could do is boycote events not allowing the jaco's / 2-Stage tires. Weird how on one minded till the masses could get them ?!?!?!
WHOA!!!! Mr. Bill tries to do what's best for the racers, PERIOD!! The reason the batteries are legal is more than likely due to ROAR's January approval date. We all know that as of January, 3700's and 3800's wil be deemed legal. There's no reason to disallow them, and EVERYBODY's already running them, and they've already replaced their 3300's. You wouldn't wanna buy outdated batteries for this race anymore than you would the tires. Cleveland has traditionally been a showcase of upcoming technology (usually batteries).

As stated earlier in this thread, in a direct quote from Mr. Bill on another site, the matter is being discussed. Why don't we all just wait and see what comes as a result? You should be thankful Mr. Bill is even looking into it, alot of race organizers would just say screw it.

I get so sick of hearing how the race organizers base their decisions on what Trinity wants.I don't think banning the tires is any different than banning traction compounds. It's a rule for that particular event, if you don't like the rule stay home. What's next, a bitch session about using Trinity handout motors at a race that Trinity sponsors?
Old 10-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
WHOA!!!! Mr. Bill tries to do what's best for the racers, PERIOD!! The reason the batteries are legal is more than likely due to ROAR's January approval date. We all know that as of January, 3700's and 3800's wil be deemed legal. There's no reason to disallow them, and EVERYBODY's already running them, and they've already replaced their 3300's. You wouldn't wanna buy outdated batteries for this race anymore than you would the tires. Cleveland has traditionally been a showcase of upcoming technology (usually batteries).

As stated earlier in this thread, in a direct quote from Mr. Bill on another site, the matter is being discussed. Why don't we all just wait and see what comes as a result? You should be thankful Mr. Bill is even looking into it, alot of race organizers would just say screw it.

I get so sick of hearing how the race organizers base their decisions on what Trinity wants.I don't think banning the tires is any different than banning traction compounds. It's a rule for that particular event, if you don't like the rule stay home. What's next, a bitch session about using Trinity handout motors at a race that Trinity sponsors?
Ian,

The biggest problem is how it looks. I think other then tires the IP3800 batteries are the only thing in question. Both of these items are something that the races sponsor doesn not have. So it just looks like the races sponsor is setting the rules. And it doesn't matter who the races sponsor is it just appears that way.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

MR.BILL is off the scale
Send a message via Yahoo to MR.BILL
INDOOR CHAMPS 2005
THIS IS THE FINAL DECSION ON 2 STAGE TIRES,BUT FIRST WE WANT EVERONE TO KNOW THAT WE SPENT A LOT OF TIME RETHINKING THIS,AND WE WANT EVERONE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS DECSION IS THAT OF THE CHAMPS AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY SPONSER IN FACT WE DID ASK THEM ,BUT THEY LEFT IT UP TO US AND SUPPORT US WHAT EVER WE DESIDE 100%. WE BASE THE DECSION ON RULE 7.3.1.2 IN THE ROAR GUIDE LINES. SO NO JACO 2STAGE TIRES WE KNOW THAT SOME ONE IS NOT GOING TO BE HAPPY WITH THIS,BUT IT WILL BE THE SAME FOR ALL.

ALMOST 300 ENTIES AS OF TODAY

EPIC 3800 ARE OK
Old 10-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I canunderstand the IP380's though, since (my understanding is) the IP3800's are not of Standard sub-C size...that they are in fact longer than the other cells...

All of the allowed cells including the IB3800 and GP3700 all fall within the size constraints of the Sub-C spec...

As far as the tires are concerned, They are a full foam construction...I guess that it's time someone makes a dual density molded foam just to REALLY screw with their heads...as the ONLY callout in the rules which makes the 2stage questionable is that there is a layer of glue in the foam.... which classifies as a coating...

Traction compound is also a coating..so shouldnot be allowed...
so is glue, etc on the sidewalls....not allowed?
glue to replace chunks? not allowed?

If the rules are to be enforced to theletter as opposed to the INTENT of the rule, then it is going to make for a very interesting week of racing...hmm....if they go with the no coating rule then weird compounds are gonna be in HOT demand...
Old 10-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know if ROAR has been or will be consulted concerning the 2-stages? Jack has stated that the tires in question already have ROAR titles under them and the cars obviously passed tech.

Bill has made his ruling, though I still can't understand it I guess that's that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.