Search

1/10 4WD CHASSIS DYNO

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 03:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 1/10 4WD CHASSIS DYNO

Hi Guys,

This is my chassis dyno. just putting my TC5R through a few power runs.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_hkH...ature=youtu.be
Old 02-10-2014, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Interesting.

However, not being willing to share any information about it (according to your youtube video), is quite....parsimonious, to be polite.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron P
Interesting.

However, not being willing to share any information about it (according to your youtube video), is quite....parsimonious, to be polite.
Parsimonious !! good grief that's way too big a word for RC Tech......and what's your point (and it the word correct anyway, seems a bit off track for what I saw and heard on the vid)??

Looks like a jolly good bit of kit to me....

Jacko
Old 02-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Why does everyone have to share their info? I don't even share CAD files of rc parts that I model.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Looks similar to what one of the guys in this area made about a year ago. Worked well for the information he was trying to find as well as comparing two different cars off the track.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fredswain
Why does everyone have to share their info?
+1
Old 02-10-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Bravo for the use of parsimonious!

par·si·mo·ni·ous
/ˌpärsəˈmōnēəs/
adjective
adjective: parsimonious1. unwilling to spend money or use resources; stingy or frugal.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/parsimonious

Sound like most R/C racers...

Snowy.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
Why does everyone have to share their info? I don't even share CAD files of rc parts that I model.
Because it's what helps grow the sport. "Oh look at the cool shiny thing I have! But you can't have it" is pretty immature. It's cool if you take the time to create something but you should be willing to help others as well. Either that or just keep it under your hat.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mkiiina
Because it's what helps grow the sport. "Oh look at the cool shiny thing I have! But you can't have it" is pretty immature. It's cool if you take the time to create something but you should be willing to help others as well. Either that or just keep it under your hat.
I don't think fizzo was being immature at all. He put time and effort into something, and doesn't want to reveal how he did it.

I can honestly respect that.

I swear, no one wants to take the time anymore to do their own research. I can understand getting to a point and reaching out for help; but to automatically expect someone to share information says a lot more about how obtuse the person asking, is.

But if anyone wants to know how to make an R/C dyno, see this link.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkiiina
Because it's what helps grow the sport.
It's one of the things that helps the hobby grow... enthusiasts sharing information/tips with one another, the camaraderie that is built, etc, etc.

The sport of RC racing, however, is a competition first and foremost. And while many racers (I would even go as far as to say the majority of racers) choose to share information with others, there is nothing that says this is a required practice.

And those racers who choose not to share their setups, secrets, etc... they are not the bane of this sport. They are simply competitors.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Agreed to an extent. However I don't ever recall someone going up and down the pits touting that they have the best setup and i have figured out the best way to get power out of a motor/esc/battery. Generally you do see people poring over the details and keeping their heads down.

Similar nonsense that went into silver can "tuning". Cool you burned up 300 motors to get 1 good one congrats. I was 2 tenths behind you and have all that money back in my pocket. These are toys in the end and I don't think anyone is going to die if they win or lose in the end. I applaud his ingenuity and hard work in developing the software. However to come out and say "but too bad I'm not going to help you" is the same as 2 kids on the playground going "you can look at my cool toys but not touch them".

In the end though I'm sure no one helped you guys in the beginning (or maybe even today) with where you are. I am proud to say that tonight at my local track our RD and local hotshoe (Chris Adams, look him up from Snowbirds) is going to be putting on a class on maintenance and car setup and I WILL be there front and center to learn more.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I know very little about chassis dynos.

After watching the video, I still know very little about chassis dynos. What little I could see of the data on the laptop screen in the video wasn't very clear and wasn't particularly in focus.

Perhaps if the OP could have provided a little bit more information in his post or his video about what was being tested, I would have been more interested and/or impressed by his efforts. Without any additional context, the best I can say based on my observations is congratulations on creating and/or using an R/C car dyno.

Although if you pause at the 33 second mark in the video, you see that the laptop background image is a photo of four people who are happily smiling at some sort of celebration (balloons & streamers hanging from the walls).

FWIW, these are my thoughts.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

If you want to help the hobby grow, spend your money on products that are for sale. Asking for other people's work for free doesn't help anyone but you.

I also don't share setups since it is completely pointless. I will however teach someone how to tune their own car. People who mooch off of others only bring everyone else down.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
I know very little about chassis dynos.

After watching the video, I still know very little about chassis dynos. What little I could see of the data on the laptop screen in the video wasn't very clear and wasn't particularly in focus.

Perhaps if the OP could have provided a little bit more information in his post or his video about what was being tested, I would have been more interested and/or impressed by his efforts. Without any additional context, the best I can say based on my observations is congratulations on creating and/or using an R/C car dyno.

Although if you pause at the 33 second mark in the video, you see that the laptop background image is a photo of four people who are happily smiling at some sort of celebration (balloons & streamers hanging from the walls).

FWIW, these are my thoughts.
nailed it for me as well. I would like to learn more but {shrug}. I understand how they work on 1:1 vehicles but this looks a bit different.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Good job making it. I see alot of oval guys withpretty much the same thing. I personally dont think it will do any good with a sedan. But thats just my opinion, still pretty cool though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.