R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-22-2014, 06:46 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default My RS4 Rally

Got my RS4 Rally with a fresh HPI WRX body, Vaterra gravel rally wheels/tires and 6.5 motor for flying speeds over the terrain.
Attached Thumbnails
Post pics of your HPI cars- old and still running.-100_3706.jpg   Post pics of your HPI cars- old and still running.-100_3705.jpg  
Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic

My Porsche is a HPI Cup Racer. Still runs if there was a class to race it in. Also Cyclone TC based Camaro for USVTA and a Cyclone TCXX based Audi R8 for USGT.
Attached Thumbnails
Post pics of your HPI cars- old and still running.-dsc_0071-porsche-web.jpg  

Last edited by John Wallace2; 10-23-2014 at 01:25 AM.
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:32 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to integra evan Send a message via MSN to integra evan

Bump because I'm probably picking up an RS4 Pro 2 soon.
integra evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:46 AM   #34
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 328 (100%+)

Need more pics of those old hpi cars that you are still running people .
Team Underdog-Team UPURZ-Island Raceway & Hobby-If we trade lower feedback always ships first.#41-#18. Team Associated B6-B5m-CRC-Durango DEX210-DESC210-Intech-Tylenol-Pizza
peter george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:41 PM   #35
Tech Adept

no pics at the moment as a broke a rear suspension mount (FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU) but i run an hpi rs4 (first gen) my part will be at my door on the first but i will be away from the end of the month to the third (FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU) but when i get my part i will post pics hell if i can make it look like it isnt broke i will snap a quick few picks

Last edited by thatguyyouknow; 04-22-2015 at 01:48 PM.
thatguyyouknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:51 PM   #36
Tech Adept

she aint much but here is what i have got i am running a venom nimh, traxxas xl5 combo out of my bandit, a trx 2055 servo (strongest one i had that wasent in use) and a 27mhz trx reciever and just so you guys know when i get my stock class brushed motor i will be putting in the novak rooster that came with it when i bought it
Attached Thumbnails
Post pics of your HPI cars- old and still running.-dsc02277.jpg   Post pics of your HPI cars- old and still running.-dsc02278.jpg  
Old 03-28-2015, 12:58 PM   #37
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 328 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyyouknow View Post
she aint much but here is what i have got i am running a venom nimh, traxxas xl5 combo out of my bandit, a trx 2055 servo (strongest one i had that wasent in use) and a 27mhz trx reciever and just so you guys know when i get my stock class brushed motor i will be putting in the novak rooster that came with it when i bought it
Blast from the past man .....I miss mine
Team Underdog-Team UPURZ-Island Raceway & Hobby-If we trade lower feedback always ships first.#41-#18. Team Associated B6-B5m-CRC-Durango DEX210-DESC210-Intech-Tylenol-Pizza
peter george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:44 PM   #38
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter george View Post
glad to be of service
Old 03-28-2015, 02:09 PM   #39
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter george View Post
but either way if you see one on ebay (i do quite frequently) buy them they are amazing, they have more steering than i know what to do with, they feel WAY lighter than they are and though you can find parts i think most modern nitro rs4 stuff fits
Old 04-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #40
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidarX View Post
I'm still running a Pro 2 in USGT. I will post pictures later. The main problem I have at the moment is there is too much roll in the chassis. I'm going to install sway bars and see if that improves the handling. Also, it is difficult to change roll centers. The new cars today have way more tuning options than the older cars.
but thats what makes them fun to race! i race a first gen rs4 and if i could buy one upgrade for it as it sits now (stock) it would be some good springs the stock ones are too soft
Old 04-22-2015, 02:08 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have the Pro1 (?) the RS4 with CF double deck but it came before the Pro2 and uses the horizontal (left/right) battery placement instead of the saddles Even has my JR FM radio gear on in it.

I had a Pro2 long time ago which I sold to a friend.

I should put my CycloneTC in there and race it with my nicd side by sides and 9turn brushed motor.
4PKS-R, DX4S, EX-5UR: Sabre4WD Mini, SabreFD Mini, M01, M02, M03, M04, M05 (2), M05ProV2, TA05 M-Four, CupRacer, BSR M-Rage, WR02, GF01 (2), CC01 (2), CW01, CR01, DF02, TT02B, TA02, RS4, MicroRS4, MR01, MR03-S (2), MR03VE, DigiQ (7), & more.. Updates of projects I am working on in my profile page.
sakadachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:07 PM   #42
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakadachi View Post
I have the Pro1 (?) the RS4 with CF double deck but it came before the Pro2 and uses the horizontal (left/right) battery placement instead of the saddles Even has my JR FM radio gear on in it.

I had a Pro2 long time ago which I sold to a friend.

I should put my CycloneTC in there and race it with my nicd side by sides and 9turn brushed motor.
look like this? https://www.google.com/search?q=hpi+...ml%3B908%3B681 (100th post!)

Last edited by thatguyyouknow; 04-24-2015 at 05:00 AM.
thatguyyouknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:38 AM   #43
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveaustin5 View Post
My dad's Pro2 attached.

I think he has pretty much every option part on it!

He's racing it for the first time in over 10 years tomorrow and has converted it to Lipo. Should be interesting to see how it goes.
how'd it go? i know those old hpi's handle like butter. but i dont know about a nearly full aluminum pro 2
Old 04-26-2015, 10:42 AM   #44
Tech Rookie

h t t p ://s182.photobucket.com/user/Samurai_Blues/media/IMG_0899_zps1o0utaxr.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
This is my Pro1 which i abandoned for 15 years and it has spent that amount of time forgotten and caked in dust.

It now has a HPI heat sink motor mount for a Pro2 which i have nvr managed to fit correctly and gave up (all coz i fitted the plastic bearing guide the other way all those yrs ago lol), rear hubs, front hubs and carriers off an Nitro Rs4 3, front carbon graphite arms off a Pro 2 (i would put in the rears but it would mean shortening the wheel base by afew mm. no way).

And now i have hit a wall. Becoz i used Pro2 arms which forced me to use the Nitro Rs4 3 hubs and carriers coz the original ones wouldnt fit, I would need (actually, i think its more of a want) to convert the front upper arm assembly from the Pro1 as seen in the pic to the Pro2 type. i am sure i can use longer turnbuckles, but i rather not.

So if anyone has any idea where i can get the parts tree A371 and A352, i will be eternally grateful. Epay has someone trying to sell off old parts off a Pro2 used, for 20 pounds. no ******* way.

Other stuff i want to do to his car, convert to hex screws all around, CF belt tensioner which i have but not in this pic, convert the bellcrank linkage to a turnbuckle ( the n shaped wire has alot of slop), purple aluminum posts, MIP CVD, purple hex adapters. purple bulkhead brace.

Actually i have quitted RC for 15yrs or so but i just couldnt bear to leave the poor thing lying there anymore. not that i am coming back to the hobby but its a project for kicks. cheers.
Samurai Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:10 PM   #45
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default S

Just picked up a Hpi Tc-Fd. Can't wait to get it going and on the track. Will post pics soon
Ants87ss is offline   Reply With Quote