Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
3Racing TC4 chassis any good? >

3Racing TC4 chassis any good?

3Racing TC4 chassis any good?

Old 07-24-2005, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 3Racing TC4 chassis any good?

I was wondering if anyone owns the 3Racing graphite chassis conversion for the TC4. I haven't been able to find info on its thickness and I want to get something that is good for carpet (>3mm). Thanks in advance.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kufman
I was wondering if anyone owns the 3Racing graphite chassis conversion for the TC4. I haven't been able to find info on its thickness and I want to get something that is good for carpet (>3mm). Thanks in advance.
for the best conversion chassie get ahold of jason at BMI. All his conversions are tested on carpet and asphult to insure that every thing is perfect.

Last edited by howard hudson; 07-24-2005 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Initiate

I don't know about the chassis but I am going to buy one anyway. Looks good and the price also looks good. Free shipping on most sales on ebay.

I think you can email 3racing.com.hk for more info. I haven't tried to. 3Racing is also coming out with titanium output shafts and a titanium gear holder/shaft too.
Attached Thumbnails 3Racing TC4 chassis any good?-tc4019_s.jpg   3Racing TC4 chassis any good?-tc4019a_s.jpg   3Racing TC4 chassis any good?-tc4020_s.jpg  
Old 07-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The chassis is 2.5mm thick
Old 07-24-2005, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

I have both, and the BMI is far and away a nicer chassis than the 3Racing setup. On the 3Racing chassis ALL the edges are rough and either needed filing and/or CA. There were literally five screws on the bottom that stuck out from the chassis, their idea of countersinking holes is ridiculous. I couldn't mount a motor (ANY motor) because the top plate was in the way - moved all the way in the pinion wasn't even touching the spur gear. Had to Dremel a big notch in the plate to get the pinion to mesh up with the spur. There's no provided space for an antenna mount, and the top plate is so narrow that it limits drilling a hole for one. There are only two holes for the turnbuckle ballstuds on the upper deck, front and rear. The battery posts have two sets of holes, the upper being too loose (packs literally can fall out) and the lower being almost too tight - no way of adjusting the battery posts short of maybe putting shims under the posts themselves or Dremeling them down to fit. I really can't think of ANYthing good to say about the 3Racing chassis other than it was cheap. In contrast, the BMI chassis is absolutely beautiful on just about every level. As far as performance, the 3Racing chassis ran okay.. but it was nothing spectacular.

For my two cents, save the cash either get the BMI chassis or wait for the Associated one. The 3Racing chassis was a *huge* disappointment for me, since all the other parts (shock towers, etc.) I've tried from them have been fine.

Kufman, we're usually at AJ's on most Saturday afternoons.. if you want to take a peek at the 3Racing car we'll have it with us anytime we're there. Feel free to stop over and check it out.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for the info Lasagnacat. This is what I was afraid of so I will just get the BMI if I decided to upgrade my TC4.