Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2014 FullThrottle Worlds Championship Warm up, April 2-6. >

2014 FullThrottle Worlds Championship Warm up, April 2-6.

2014 FullThrottle Worlds Championship Warm up, April 2-6.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

[QUOTE=patorz31;13172588]Then why pick a unknown manufacturer for the world champs?[/QU

Why not
the best tire known can not be selected sorex so what is left to compare
there is no tire out there that has not had a problem in this magnitude of racing 80mph
Everyone has an agenda this tire better that is better
we had drivers that had no issue and some had plenty in the end its a showcase of new this or that
nothing is perfect or can any say a better choice could be done there is no guarantee that x or y brand would or would not have done better
Old 04-10-2014, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Talking

Originally Posted by esckalayd
my sense is tingling
Oh yeah i will be rolling to the track with the new M series
i thought you were smarter than that
Old 04-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

...the best tire known can not be selected sorex so what is left to compare....
Is that because it was the tyre used at the preceding worlds?

Does the track have to approach various tyre manufactures, or do they approach yourselves or IFMAR etc?

I have no agenda here, I'm honestly interested in how all this comes together for a Worlds

Skiddins
Old 04-10-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

Its cracking me up that the ones on this thread with the most "concerns" weren't at the warmup and haven't run the tire themselves. It doesn't matter what tire was chosen, some will hate it, some will love it. The fact that this is smaller, lesser-known manufacturer is just making them an easier target for the haters. If the spec tire is what's holding you back from making a trip to the Worlds, then you don't belong at the Worlds anyway.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:55 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ground-round
Its cracking me up that the ones on this thread with the most "concerns" weren't at the warmup and haven't run the tire themselves. It doesn't matter what tire was chosen, some will hate it, some will love it. The fact that this is smaller, lesser-known manufacturer is just making them an easier target for the haters. If the spec tire is what's holding you back from making a trip to the Worlds, then you don't belong at the Worlds anyway.
+1
Old 04-10-2014, 09:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins

Does the track have to approach various tyre manufactures, or do they approach yourselves or IFMAR etc?

I have no agenda here, I'm honestly interested in how all this comes together for a Worlds

Skiddins
Someone finally hit it on the head. Little if mar rille about not using the same spec tire as previous event. You sir win
Old 04-10-2014, 09:09 AM
Suspended

I do agree that Hot Race will get scrutinized more because they are a smaller, less proven company. No I may have not gone to the warm up race, but I do have close ties to people that did go and I have heard that the tire was not good this batch. Showing concern is a matter of wanting to go and enjoy the race. Maybe the guys that did go should be the ones voicing more concern. The only way to get things changed is to voice an opinion on the matter.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Skiddins

Skiddins
Skid we dont approach anyone so figure out the process it is not my responsibility or Ifmar responsibility to notify any manufacturer it us up to the manufacturer that is interested not everyone wants a shot cause it can hurt the brand
so i am done answering? ?
Old 04-10-2014, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I disagree completely.

I'm not going to any of the races down there but I do follow them with interest and dislike when mechanical failures out of the racers control play a part in the event. It sours the entire thing for me and I stop caring. What makes the "worlds" special? Those 50 guys near the top? Nope, it the interest that it generates world wide, the spectators, the win on sunday sell on monday crowd. If we as "spectator" don't have an opinion on how it goes then don't bother running the event at all, because then it only matters to the top 50 guys in the sport anyway. The spectators, sponsors, racers, promoters and volunteers all deserve an even quality event not just those who are lucky enough to have the ability and means to get there.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Skid we dont approach anyone so figure out the process it is not my responsibility or Ifmar responsibility to notify any manufacturer it us up to the manufacturer that is interested not everyone wants a shot cause it can hurt the brand
so i am done answering? ?
George,

I think you are taking a little unfair heat over this. Yes, I want to see a good reliable tire on the cars but I don't see it as YOUR fault or issue alone to fix and I'm honestly happy to see anyone from the even stepping in here to share a few words. I am certainly not intending to put you on the spot over this or make any accusations about why that tire was chosen.

I hope it all works out.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by patorz31
Then why pick a unknown manufacturer for the world champs?[/QU

Why not
the best tire known can not be selected sorex so what is left to compare
there is no tire out there that has not had a problem in this magnitude of racing 80mph
Everyone has an agenda this tire better that is better
we had drivers that had no issue and some had plenty in the end its a showcase of new this or that
nothing is perfect or can any say a better choice could be done there is no guarantee that x or y brand would or would not have done better
Hey, I was just curious, no "conspiracy theory" here. It's was just when I have spec'd out a race tires in the past; the tire that wouldn't embarrass me or my club was very important, so I would have been afraid to try a totally new entity for a race that big.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Having listened to what some of have said, I think part of the issue was that it unseasonably warm over the period. Average for April is 82F(28C) and that was the coolest temperature we had at 10 in the morning and the third round of qualifying it was at 95F(35C)!

The guys who were there had their say and discussed matters and took a vote as to which way they wanted to go. Now all that is needed is for the supplier to come up with the fix of better belting.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Tech Initiate

A few laps of the drivers practising....
http://youtu.be/OV6iAqZyMpM
http://youtu.be/XVjUNk-mvUM
http://youtu.be/QtGSxVO4BvI
Old 04-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lantern Rouge
Thanks for posting this . Best perspective of the track I've seen. The relation between the painted corners and pipes/flappers looks very challenging, with the pipes being there to define the actual corners and the paint there just for show. Interesting.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was not at the warm up race but plan to be at the nats and worlds.

One easy solution to the 70-80 mph speeds and tire blow outs is to just shorten the straight for the layout.

I'm sure the tire guys will figure out what they have to do to make the tires better. I know if there is going to be a problem it will show up more at the nats in 100+ degree july/august weather than it did this past weekend or at the worlds in october.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.