Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
What is the best Lap Counting Software??? >

What is the best Lap Counting Software???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the best Lap Counting Software???

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default What is the best Lap Counting Software???

So what is the best Lap Counting Software out in the market? One that is user friendly, affordable and race format can be changed accordingly. And be AMB capable for future upgrade.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Check on ebay.
Theres a guy selling a timing system which uses free downloaded software called LAPS FREE.

It seems ok have downloaded the software and it is amb compatible.
The hardware to complete the system is in the vicinity of $1000.00usd.(transponders x 10 and receivers for overheard boom).

I think it is based on a slotcar timing system but has very good reviews from users. I'll try and find a link.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

RC Scoring Pro!
www.rcscoringpro.com
Old 07-21-2005, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Justin Zorc
RC Scoring Pro!
www.rcscoringpro.com
ditto this is by far the best there is....
Old 07-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FaiLip
So what is the best Lap Counting Software out in the market? One that is user friendly, affordable and race format can be changed accordingly. And be AMB capable for future upgrade.
I know first hand because this was designed and tested at Trackside Hobbies (Scotty's Track)

RC SCORING PRO is the most user friendly program. It has GREAT features and is pretty affordable.

We are going to be using it for the IIC (International Indoor Championship) in Vegas. They used it for the Reedy USA race. These races have alot riding on them and if it wasnt a good program I KNOW they wouldnt use it.

See you all in Vegas
Boomer
Old 07-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I would have to say RC Scoring Pro for use with an AMB system,Without an AMB system I'm not sure if you can hand count.Also with the RC scoring pro I'm not sure if you can run series races,I have tried to find this feature but have not found anything yet.No system is perfect but the RC Scoring Pro is the best thats out right now.I also thought that the instructions for the additional features SUCKED!!!!! How about a book explaining how to use some of the features..Ok how about anything explaining how to use some of the programs.. It's still the best out..it could be better
Old 07-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Justin Zorc
RC Scoring Pro!
www.rcscoringpro.com
The BEST !!!!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If you think the above opinions are biased or they just haven't ever used another software, then let me tell you first hand. I fought with Jlap for over a year. I've used B&B. Then the heavens opened up and RCSP fell to earth. Yea, I had to restart it one time cause it acted a little goofy but it was fine after that, and once we had trouble loading the rechargable transponders and actually had to go in and TYPE the numbers into each one (man that took like 4 freakin minutes!!!), of course Doug had that little bug fixed in about one day... then there was the time I had this snow cone while running the computer.... oh wait, that little catastrophe had nothing to do with the software...LOL
Old 07-22-2005, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

rc scoring pro hands down
Old 07-22-2005, 04:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'd say bbkRC.

There's a free version called bbkRC ECO that can be downloaded here:
bbkRC ECO (free)
Old 07-22-2005, 05:39 AM
Tech Adept

STAY AWAY FROM JLAP!!!!!!!!

Worst ever customer support, any problem you have is ALWAYS your computer's fault or your fault, never their software, (but amazingly within days they'll have an update available that fixes the non-problem). Normal turnaround time for questions was anywhere from two weeks to a month to respond to phone messages or e-mails, then they will always be on the defensive. They charge you for updates every year when 99% of them are bug-fixes.

When it works it's great, but you never know just out of the blue when it will decide not to work. And usually for no apparent reason.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:44 AM
Tech Addict

I have personal bad experience with RC Scoring Pro. That was one of the first versions, too many features and few of them worked. I understand when talking to current club race manager that it works fine today.

RC-Timing (Looked best when I was testing.)

AutoScore (The first good timing software, current price is bad joke.)

LapsFree (it's fine, and it's free.)

JLap (Never got the demo to install properly)

BBK (Didn't try it.)

RC Scoring Pro (Others like it.)
Old 07-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Have to say RC-Timing. (www.rc-timing.com)

I've used BBKrc, J-Lap, Fabcount, Laps Free and none of them are anywhere near as easy to use as RC-Timing. From what I've seen RC Scoring Pro looks very good, that would probably be my second choice.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by craigp
STAY AWAY FROM JLAP!!!!!!!!

Worst ever customer support, any problem you have is ALWAYS your computer's fault or your fault, never their software, (but amazingly within days they'll have an update available that fixes the non-problem). Normal turnaround time for questions was anywhere from two weeks to a month to respond to phone messages or e-mails, then they will always be on the defensive. They charge you for updates every year when 99% of them are bug-fixes.

When it works it's great, but you never know just out of the blue when it will decide not to work. And usually for no apparent reason.
RC Scoring Pro is the best. Used at the Novak races and Reedy races it is proven and has excellent customer support.

J-Lap has just about ruined many large events. That program has to be alive. I swear it knows when its critical that it works right and picks the most inopportune time to lock up or lose data.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

lol.. its bad karma. realign your chakras and work on your feung sheu

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.