R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Help picking an enduro car (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/784479-help-picking-enduro-car.html)

josh_todd 01-09-2014 10:03 AM

Help picking an enduro car

Hey I was just looking for some input on a car. Our local track is doing a 10 hour carpet enduro running 2 classes trans am and open. I have ran enduros before but always trans am this time I want to try something different and want help choosing a car that will work good for it I am looking for something that's easy to change batteries, runs off two cell lipos and durable as possible.
Any input is appreciated it's indoors on carpet if that helps
Thanks
Josh

ThePanda 01-09-2014 12:47 PM

easy to change batteries? does that mean like no tape? because almost all the top of the line cars require taping in of the battery.

josh_todd 01-09-2014 02:27 PM

Enduro car

Yea I don't think tape would work it would take way to long to change
Thanks
Josh

whitrzac 01-09-2014 02:58 PM

Velcro the batts.
tub chassis
TC4?

grippgoat 01-09-2014 03:30 PM

FYI, I'm doing a 6-hour enduro in February. I'm planning to run an Xray T4'13, since it's a tank. I'm a little worried about top deck tweaks and arm mounts shifting in crashes, but I'm not really worried about anything actually breaking.

IMO, tape is as fast for battery changes as anything else, probably faster than anything that requires a tool. That's assuming the tape doesn't need to be changed out. I don't have to change tape (I use Hudy tape) for at least a few race nights. Call it 10 battery changes. I've been told by people that ran last year, that in VTA (ish), a 5500mah battery will do 30 minutes. If tape lasts 10 batteries, that's 300 minutes, or 5 hours. So I wouldn't be surprised if I can do the whole 6 hours using 6800mah batteries on one piece of tape.

I'll be making sure to clean the batteries before they go in the car to help improve the tape life, and keep a pre-cut piece of tape ready for all stops, just in case. But I don't think it's the biggest consideration.

-Mike

mkiiina 01-09-2014 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by grippgoat (Post 12890976)
FYI, I'm doing a 6-hour enduro in February. I'm planning to run an Xray T4'13, since it's a tank. I'm a little worried about top deck tweaks and arm mounts shifting in crashes, but I'm not really worried about anything actually breaking.

IMO, tape is as fast for battery changes as anything else, probably faster than anything that requires a tool. That's assuming the tape doesn't need to be changed out. I don't have to change tape (I use Hudy tape) for at least a few race nights. Call it 10 battery changes. I've been told by people that ran last year, that in VTA (ish), a 5500mah battery will do 30 minutes. If tape lasts 10 batteries, that's 300 minutes, or 5 hours. So I wouldn't be surprised if I can do the whole 6 hours using 6800mah batteries on one piece of tape.

I'll be making sure to clean the batteries before they go in the car to help improve the tape life, and keep a pre-cut piece of tape ready for all stops, just in case. But I don't think it's the biggest consideration.

-Mike

A better alternative would be the A+ battery strap (velcro). I really like this concept and wish we could do something like this here in DFW!