Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BEWARE OF ACTIVEPOWERSPORTS.COM

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wareagle84
You're not alone Scotty. I've been in similar situations before and it's really frustrating when a company takes the better half of a week to give a simple response, even if its "I got your email and Im working on it" or "I got your email, give me a day or two to sort it out". When they don't respond AT ALL within a couple business days, it just shows they don't really care.
I get that some of these businesses are "side jobs" for people or are only run/operated by 1 or 2 people, but that's no excuse for ignoring a customer for more than a couple business days, especially without an apology or reason/excuse.

If a company has horrible customer service, even if they have hands down the best prices around, I'll gladly spend more money at a business where they at least act like they care and try to please me as a customer. Thats the whole point of a business...offer a good or service in return for money.
It's 2014 now...everyone knows and has known for a long time that customer service is basically the most important factor for a successful business.
Thank you wareagle. Perfectly said... and the same goes for this situation, sure it would've been nice to save $7-9 by going with Active Powersports, but instead I have backordered the body from RCPlanet.com. Its well worth the extra money. I know I'll be able to get in touch with them no matter what the situation. Had this guy from Active just did so much as contacted me, he would've still had my business.. Whatever, his loss. He could've had a really loyal customer. I just got into this hobby, but I know ill be dropping a boatload of cash throughout the year. Oh well, RCPlanet wins! lol
Old 01-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

I love and have used RCPlanet from day one in my RC hobby. The only thing I don't like is that it takes a little longer for them to ship than most places. But they have great customer service, very competitive prices and their loyalty rewards program is a huge plus, especially for those who are new to the hobby as you'll be spending a lot of money at first and it's nice to get rewards points to use to take $ off future purchases.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Tech Initiate

I love and have used RCPlanet from day one in my RC hobby. The only thing I don't like is that it takes a little longer for them to ship than most places. But they have great customer service, very competitive prices and their loyalty rewards program is a huge plus, especially for those who are new to the hobby as you'll be spending a lot of money at first and it's nice to get rewards points to use to take $ off future purchases.
Yeah that is absolutely true. the rewards program is fantastic and I can't wait to start spending money and start gaining some rewards! lol This hobby is awesome, I'm a huge car nut, and since I'm a recent college grad without work and I can't put too much money into my real car, i might as well do it the cheap-er way with RC. I plan on getting multiple chassis as well. The Sakura D3 CS is looking mighty good to me. I just have a hard time understanding motors, escs, and other essentials to make the car run. I need to do more research and ask more questions.

I guess ill get there eventually. lol
Old 01-04-2014, 08:35 PM
Tech Initiate

You might keep in mind that the company may have been closed, it was the @27th, many companys closed down for Christmas and New Years, So may be the issue of the slow response time. People have familys , its the Holidays, stop being such a lil bitch , its not a heart valve.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MOTORCITY
You might keep in mind that the company may have been closed, it was the @27th, many companys closed down for Christmas and New Years, So may be the issue of the slow response time. People have familys , its the Holidays, stop being such a lil bitch , its not a heart valve.
THIS

You wanted something for free in order for them to keep your business over the fact you had to wait 4 days for a response in the middle of the holidays, and then you have the audacity to bitch and complain to the world... Get over yourself.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

lol at the people who don't understand the basics concepts of successful businesses. it doesn't matter if you're buying a candy bar or a million dollar house, customer service is important.
people don't automatically know your holiday business hours are different if you don't notify them.
you know you'd be pissed if you went to Wal-Mart to return a box of condoms on New Years Day because you didnt get to use them only to find out they decided to close customer service that day and never posted any signs saying they'd be closed that day, and then you went back the next day only to find out they were still closed and they wouldn't tell you when they were gonna be back open, you just have to keep trying and wasting your time.
bottom line, if you're going to be closed and not responding to customers, you post that........ on your site a couple weeks in advance or at least setup auto-reply on your email saying you're closed and let your customers know. If you don't really give a............ about the customers or your job, you just leave it to them to find out the hard way and piss them off.
don't listen to those last couple fools, they don't understand the concept of a customer/business relationship and are just OK with being treated like a ......., for whatever reasons.

Last edited by Cpt.America; 01-05-2014 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Language
Old 01-05-2014, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

double post
Old 01-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Tech Initiate

lol at the people who don't understand the basics concepts of successful businesses. it doesn't matter if you're buying a candy bar or a million dollar house, customer service is important.
people don't automatically know your holiday business hours are different if you don't notify them.
you know you'd be pissed if you went to Wal-Mart to return a box of condoms on New Years Day because you didnt get to use them only to find out they decided to close customer service that day and never posted any signs saying they'd be closed that day, and then you went back the next day only to find out they were still closed and they wouldn't tell you when they were gonna be back open, you just have to keep trying and wasting your time.
bottom line, if you're going to be closed and not responding to customers, you post that........ on your site a couple weeks in advance or at least setup auto-reply on your email saying you're closed and let your customers know. If you don't really give a............ about the customers or your job, you just leave it to them to find out the hard way and piss them off.
don't listen to those last couple fools, they don't understand the concept of a customer/business relationship and are just OK with being treated like a ......., for whatever reasons..
'THIS' Thank you wareagle, I'm glad were able to see eye-to-eye on this.
@motorcity and @thekennykiller children calm down... let the adults talk...idiots

Last edited by Cpt.America; 01-05-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ScottySTi, I read your complaint, and it seems to me that you're being unreasonable. The body was out of stock, you got your money back, end of story. The fact that you decided to bash this guy and his business speaks volumes to me. I've worked in the customer service industry for 20+ years, and it's clear to me that you were definitely part of the problem in that situation.