R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-18-2005, 11:45 PM   #46
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

OK, I'll go out on a limb here and suggest something different. I actually practice drifting with my car... helps practice hand-eye coordination, reflexes, and throttle control. Helps me maintain the muscle memory of how to grip the controller and how my fingers hold the wheel... same with the throttle finger. Best thing is I can practice at home.

But, I still try to make it to the track as often as I can. Nothing will teach you more than actually going out there and race.
Runin Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:09 AM   #47
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Thanks for the imput guys.

Years ago I used to run 1/10 buggy and I have to say that it's my favorite type of racing. There is just no real interest in my area. Plus, I like a small, very technical, non-grove track and there are none of those in my area anymore. I think it's all geared torwards 1/8 scale these days. Besides I hate the hot weather, bugs, and cleaning my car all the time.

I think I'll take the advice of running a faster motor in practice and keep working on running a tight line. I did that for awhile when I had my brushless 5800 and later went to a 4300. It did seem easier to drive stock after running a faster motor. Now I just need the new Novak GTB speedo and brushless mod motor.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote