Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Niftech Traction Compound

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default Niftech Traction Compound

I'm curious to hear from racers who are running at carpet tracks where Niftech is the only compound allowed. How does it perform when there is nothing else on the rug?

Our local track started allowing it this last weekend in addition to TQ Orange. Since I've used Niftech a lot on asphalt and like it, I used it for this last weekend's two day race and I was very pleased with the Niftech's performance. I ran 1/12th Stock and 19 turn and my cars were bolted for eight minutes. I heard the same from some TC guys. I've also heard (total heresay) that without other compounds on the track the bite with Niftech is poor.

So...are there any racers out there who run on Niftech ONLY tracks that are having good results with it?
Old 12-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Niftech

I just happen to run both yesterday, I race all asphalt and had never raced on carpet til yesterday. The track was very small and tight(65x25) with about 4-5 foot lanes, it is really better for micros but I wanted to run TC on carpet so I gave it a try on rubber tires. The carpet is CRC and had no grove at all, It really looked new still, although it is about a year old. I started in the high ten second lap times and was able to run a consitant 9.2 at the end of the day, I ran 9 flat many times but cold not get a 8 out of it. I started the day using the niftech compound and it worked well although it seemed to go away in about 4-5 minutes, it was noticiable fad. I then switched to Jack The Gripper and it seemed to last alot longer, It fadded after about 8 mins but even then I think it was still drivable. I noticed the tires also acted diffrent to each one, when the niftech wore of it was like the tire was back to normal, when the JTG wore off, the tire was still sticky. I would say that the hearsay may be true, this track had no other compounds on it, when I was done at the end of the day there was a very nice groove forming and the others that run micros said the traction had come up. I never went back to the niftech but maybe If I try it again I will give it a shot now that there is some other compound on the track.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It has been for ever since I last posted on here.....Yeah, Niftech is great stuff and it seems to out perform Paragon and the TQ offerings. We have peeps using the three listed above and Niftech is the top choice, atleast for us 1/12'ers it is. I know of a few racers mixing something into the TQ to make it grab better and last longer, but what the new ingredient is I can't be sure of. BTW, I run on carpet.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

After a few weeks (club level number of entries) on the same track of using nothing but Niftech, you will have gobs of traction. We use it at our local track and the cars begin two wheeling after a few weeks. I have also used it at a track thsat allows paragon, and being one of few using it, it still worked great.

Nice thing about it is that you don't havw to massage or wipe off. When it feels dry to the hand, it's ready to go.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
After a few weeks (club level number of entries) on the same track of using nothing but Niftech, you will have gobs of traction. We use it at our local track and the cars begin two wheeling after a few weeks. I have also used it at a track thsat allows paragon, and being one of few using it, it still worked great.

Nice thing about it is that you don't havw to massage or wipe off. When it feels dry to the hand, it's ready to go.
That's great to hear. Our local track (Stockton RC Raceway) is considering the change to Niftech only. Like I said, it worked great for me this last weekend. I agree one of the really nice things about Niftech is you don't have to wipe it off.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I also posted this question in the 12th scale thread: what's the process for applying Nifteck? Do you clean your tires off afterwards?
Old 12-19-2005, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
I also posted this question in the 12th scale thread: what's the process for applying Nifteck? Do you clean your tires off afterwards?
Clean tires, apply compound.
when the rubber doesn't feel wet any more, it's ready. No wiping off, unless you are in a hurry.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Good Thread OD, great feedback.

I know some of the people were a little put off by the smell this weekend but I think it's less offensive than the TQ max. Once it's evaporated it leaves nothing behind so anything in the air should be easy to ventilate away leaving nothing left to smell keeping the landlords happy.

Chris
Old 12-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I don't know how anyone who can tolerate the smell of TQ would be bothered by the Niftech smell-and I think it works better, too.

But I didn't start the thread to try to get approval of the Niftech stuff, I just wondered if anyone had experience with Niftech ONLY; and it appears that some have with good results.

Oh, and yes I am still your bitch, but you'd better enjoy it while you can

O'D
Old 12-19-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

I also liked the Niftech over the TQ this past weekend. It was more consistant during the entire run because the foam tires didn't gum up as bad as they did with the TQ.

I'm wondering what effect it would have on the carpet, since the niftech evaporates, will it still groove?
Old 12-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes, it will groove. Just read Brandon's post above. We race on the same track. It has tons of traction. Personally I like Niftech over Paragon Traction Action and Jack the Gripper. Tires don't gum up and I feel I get more consistant runs from my tires each round.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Jimmy, it may be you don't have as many racers as we do each weekend or something, but our tires do gum-up with Niftech. It may be that we have peeps using every type of tire sauce each meet......dunno. I know I have to motor spray the tires every other run, if not following each run, before again applying the Niftech. We are about three months into the new carpet.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by odpurple
Oh, and yes I am still your bitch
O'D
Yes, yes, good little bitch.

Chris
Old 12-20-2005, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run oval pan cars so i dont know how much my opinion will matter but... Our track almost everyone runs paragon or tq.. I have gone to Niftech only in stock.. I have found for the speed of the class, the niftech frees the car up a little more and the tires do not seem to gum as bad.. I do not clean my tires from round to round when using niftech.. if i use another i do have to clean them.. im very pleased with it so far..
Old 12-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

nif tech
traction action
jack the gripper

i love niftech!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.