Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Which motor to go for >

Which motor to go for

Which motor to go for

Old 03-15-2014, 08:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Which motor to go for

I've read the reviews and searched the so thought best ask the users so which 17.5 turn motor should I go for to start the outdoor season
Old 03-15-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The R1 motors are starting to show very good results!! And you can never go wrong purchasing any motor from EA Motorsports!
Old 03-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

U started a thread on this exact topic earlier this week it had some good suggestions in it ... the orca and trackstar is going to be my first choices
Old 03-15-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

I haven't personally ran it yet so take how you want. But I had a few people recommend the Speed passion 3.0 MMM motor (and ESC) so that's what I picked up. It must be decent if it won a World championship or two and is priced pretty decent...
Old 03-15-2014, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I do here the mmm3.0 is a good motor but requires a different timing board to have the hot setup. And their gearing window is very very tight . I have heard storied of several fast motors being burnt up in the wrong hands or geared with 1more tooth .
Old 03-16-2014, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I like the ORCA motors and they seem to work even better with an ORCA speed control for some reason.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
I do here the mmm3.0 is a good motor but requires a different timing board to have the hot setup. And their gearing window is very very tight . I have heard storied of several fast motors being burnt up in the wrong hands or geared with 1more tooth .
+1. you need the green timing board to make it fly... I prefer the orca over the SP right out of the box but setup correctly I think the SP has the edge on overall performance whereas the orca is probably more robust and can handle some abuse (over gearing for example) better than the SP.