R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #46
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Lessen

Originally Posted by djfourmoney View Post
This is not true.

But I can see why you and your friends do not like to follow 1:1 racing. I and several others have grave concerns about 1:1 racing and its failing to draw in new fans.

Would you like to explain why you don't enjoy 1:1 racing? Because I would like to do a blog post based on your response and another video about how to Fix Auto Racing in America.
No, it really is.. to SOME extent. Now I certainly cannot speak for the entire scene nationwide, but it's not that uncommon. I for one am a full scale race fan. I follow Nascar, F1, and the soon to be defunct ALMS and Rolex Sports Car Series; even a little Indycar. Case in point.. on Nov. 17 of this year I was at track for a club race. On the t.v. in the pits... a football game, NOT the Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. "
Lessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #47
Tech Elite

I have run a Martini themed scheme on and off for the past 15 years or so and enjoy the realistic look of replica paint schemes and those that could be real. Even the TC6.2 promo body is based on a V8 Supercar scheme. But you have to take the bad with the good. A one color paint job with stickers is very common in American production based racing and even so in NASCAR. I don't like one-color schemes, but they are not unrealistic.

A lot of real racing drivers are identified by their helmet designs. A unique R/C paint scheme is the R/C racer's "helmet". We can look at a paint scheme and know who it is just like we can see a helmet popping out of an open wheel cockpit and know who it is.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #48
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Alot depends on the class you run, the Spec GT class at IIC was full of realistic rides. As someone that has painted a ton of nascar and GT replicas thay take more time than most custom jobs.
Sponsered by:

CMDezigns Paint Works
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote