R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   2002 International Model & Hobby Expo @ Chicago (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/7791-2002-international-model-hobby-expo-%40-chicago.html)

futureal 09-05-2002 02:50 PM

2002 International Model & Hobby Expo @ Chicago

Hi all,

Tomorrow afternoon/evening we will be posting our coverage of this year's Hobby Expo, direct from Chicago. A few of the R/C Tech staff will be down there today, tomorrow and possibly Saturday (myself, mr. losi, TSR6, Kraig to name a few).

Anyway, you can use this thread to discuss anything you saw/heard/wished for at the show, or to break down our coverage when we get it up there.

TSR6 09-05-2002 03:24 PM

If you have any picture requests, or you have something that you want us to check out, Now is the time to let us know. Friday night, I'll write down anything you guys want, and attempt to fulfill your wishes.

I will be going Saturday, and possibly Sunday.

-Troy

OSherman 09-05-2002 03:35 PM

Would like info/pictures on any:

Touring Sedans, Radio Systems (specifically the 3PK), Monster Trucks, Anything "micro-RS4", and any "innovations" (some new concept or anything out of the ordinary that catches your eye)...wether it be as small as a new body pin, or as big as the SAVAGE...

hard order to fill? :lol: :blush:

TSR6 09-05-2002 03:40 PM

Originally posted by OSherman
Would like info/pictures on any:

Touring Sedans, Radio Systems (specifically the 3PK), Monster Trucks, Anything "micro-RS4", and any "innovations" (some new concept or anything out of the ordinary that catches your eye)...wether it be as small as a new body pin, or as big as the SAVAGE...

hard order to fill? :lol: :blush:

haha, Yeah... I think i can do that. Honestly my camera doesnt hold as many pictures as i wish it did, but with everyone else who is going, we should be able to take quite a few. :)

Basicly what i ment was, If you have something you need a better picture of, or know is at the show but have not seen anything about it yet, let someone know.

"can you get a picture of that ____ 's steering rack" type stuff. :D

OSherman 09-05-2002 05:11 PM

Oh, I see-e-e-e!!

Well in that case i would like better pics of the:

-Futaba 3PK (LCD screen, buttons/trim locations)

-HPI Savage (Steering Servo configuration, camber locations f/r) and any other pics you desire.

-If the rumored new TC3 is there, 'snap' like crazy...(mostly suspension)

-Anything regarding the TAMIYA F201.

That's all i can think of for the moment..

thanks...:blush: :lol:

TRF-Powered 09-05-2002 05:31 PM

Hi,

I would like to see everything and anything Tamiya!!!! if possible can you guys take stuffs that Tamiya has at the show? Thanks!

Kraig 09-05-2002 07:23 PM

In case you haven't seen it elsewhere on the net here are just a few things that I looked at today.

1. XXX-S Full Graphite Sedan. It has new rear arms and hub carriers and a new rear shock tower. The new arms allow the rear hub carrier pin mounted closer to the center of the car. It still has the outer pin option. The rear hub carrier makes up for this offset so you still can get the max. width. It will come with the new Losi Alfa body as well. Eta, November or so.

2. XXX-4, the offroad buggy, sorry no graphite pieces yet.

3. RC10B4 Prototype. It has front arms like they ran at the worlds. You have your choice of moving the caster block forward and back on the arm. The prototype has an off set steering axle. It also has adjust ackerman positions. Each of these pieces work together.

The rear tranny has 2.60 ratio, basically a gas differential. They were able to modify the tranny housing so that the height of the differential output is the same as the current buggy. The motor is now tucked underneath the tranny and down. I am sure there is more that I am forgetting.

4. HPI is not there, I didn't see Yokomo and of course Trinity is not there.

5. I did see some prototype of the new D5 though, but only from a distance. It pretty much looks like what Trinity posted on their webpage. Sorry didn't see the stock motor.

6. Associated's BFT. Looked very impressive. Lots of tire and suspension. Someone could definately do dammage with that thing.

7. Saw Orion's new modified motor. Endbell is completely different than what we are use to seeing. Requires different brushes and springs.

8. No Cobalt Stock Motor from Reedy. We talked in detail about it and there is one thing that he wants to change. Until then, we wait patiently. I think he was tired of answering that question. :)

9. Oh the Airtronics rep told me that the M8SS is still being tested. Not sure about that one though. :confused:

10. Futaba's new P3J or whatever they are calling is looks, lets just say different. It is well balanced and it does fit my hand.

11. Novak was showing a mock up of the switchable M8 module for changing frequencies. Looks like the 75 band will be available first but that could change.

12. You will soon be able to get an M8 with a Novak XXtra rec'r. Availability? Also, you will get the blue back light and power light as well. That one didn't have all of the features of the M8 LE, again available?

I am sure there is more that I am forgetting. I have to go through my stuff but this should wet your appetite a little.

Coxy 09-05-2002 07:37 PM

Well the new CoRally is going to released at the show. See if this is true or just crap. I pic would be real good

Coxy.

Kraig 09-05-2002 07:50 PM

Forgot to mention a new T35 with a graphics display instead of what they have now. You can see the charge and discharge curve of the batteries. Also, they went to a black case on the pit bull.

ECHOLogic 09-05-2002 08:47 PM

Corally Touring Car

Get some pics of the New Corally Touring Car if there showing it yet.......THX

Also, Orions Brushless Motors, that where supposed to be out already.

x414x 09-05-2002 08:59 PM

New Tamiya Rc's
http://www.tamiya.com/japan/chicago2002/broadcast.htm

I wonder which one is kit #300 (58300)?

Usagi 09-05-2002 09:51 PM

another new ferrari kit.

Usagi 09-05-2002 09:53 PM

HPI is a no show at in chicago.............so are a few other companies. Well there is a nother show in about a month in Japan. So it seems that companies are cutting corners and showing up once in a while.

coolrcdad 09-06-2002 06:53 AM

Kraig,
Thanks for posting the info and details. Some interesting stuff.

TSR6 09-06-2002 07:15 AM

Originally posted by Usagi
HPI is a no show at in chicago.............so are a few other companies. Well there is a nother show in about a month in Japan. So it seems that companies are cutting corners and showing up once in a while.
HPI posted the reason for not being at the show this year on HPIracing.com

I honestly agree with thier decision, with only one public day, moving the event, and all the costs, It doesn't make sence. I really hope they change this for next year, and go back to the two public days.

HPI still has the new truck at the show, the Savage. You just need to go to the HotBodies booth, to "view the new savage bodies" ..hehe..

-Troy