Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Refreshing to see a big event with no major tire complaints. I take it the new evo-r's held up well?
Old 05-25-2014, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ittjv
Refreshing to see a big event with no major tire complaints. I take it the new evo-r's held up well?
Tires had great grip in all temps but only good for 3 runs max.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
Why when there is a TC race in the US the coverage is POO at best..But when there are Offraod races 5 different sites have info atleast at the end of the day.

Even the Euro races can get the daily info to a handful of sites so those that didn't go can follow the action.

In the US its like its classified information. lol

And ppl wonder why TC racing in the US never grows....
Even the Euro races? That's very condescending!

Events in Europe are setting the standards (for racing and live coverage). Did you see the coverage of the last round of ETS?
Old 05-26-2014, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by torg
Great work mate - thanks!
Old 05-26-2014, 02:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

What's the invite results? Thx.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daveaustin5

Events in Europe are setting the standards (for racing and live coverage). Did you see the coverage of the last round of ETS?
Many parts of the U.S. also lag behind in keeping internet systems upgraded. At no time when I logged on was video and audio available, but the chat and timing stats were usually up, and others on the chat talked about how great the video was. So I don't think the issue was at the race location.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Many parts of the U.S. also lag behind in keeping internet systems upgraded. At no time when I logged on was video and audio available, but the chat and timing stats were usually up, and others on the chat talked about how great the video was. So I don't think the issue was at the race location.
At no point this weekend was Video or Audio "great". You most likely misread people saying that having some Video and Audio would be great, or they were being sarcastic. It was not working from Saturday afternoon until the end of the event.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Most of the video that LIVERC archived is low quality. They should consider moving to a higher quality replay model for events that are bandwidth constraint with LIVE data and events that are bandwidth rich - LIVE data + LIVE video.

There seemed to be a lot of cameras shooting the race - post them to YouTube if you have them. Would be great to catch up.

It was nice to have a race event that tires were not focus of the story as a downside. The EVOs were solid in cool/high traction and high heat conditions.

Event + Management +++++
Tires +++++
Racing +++++
Track +++++
Triple Mains - All +++++
Small Paul +++++

Take my money again next year. For now, Ill have my chorizo and eggs + corona to decompress.

Congrats to the winners in ALL Mains - memorable.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Home from another great RROC at Tamiya Race Facility. Had a great time there. Many thanks to Scotty Ernst, Fred Medal and Tamiya, Team Associated Rick Hohwart, Sean Cochran for bringing us this great and prestigious event. Thanks to all the sponsors for their help. Thanks to Team Xray (Ralph Burch, Paul Lemieux, and Drew Ellis) for getting me going again. Special thanks to my SoCal guys (Mike, Calvin, Wally, and others for a great time and the help in the pits. Thanks to to the tech guys for getting cars through in quick and polite manner. Thanks to the guys that cleaned and painted the track. The track looked awesome. Traction was great too.

Looks like RROC real home is at Tamiya. Great to have it back where it belongs.

Last edited by F. Mendoza; 05-26-2014 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Correction of spelling.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daveaustin5

It wasn't meant to sound that way...

What I mean by that is the Euro races get the info out so that even us in the US can follow.

I am sure that some of the other countries that had guys running the RROC would have loved to had coverage to follow there fellow racers.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by locked
At no point this weekend was Video or Audio "great". You most likely misread people saying that having some Video and Audio would be great, or they were being sarcastic. It was not working from Saturday afternoon until the end of the event.
You are probably right. Plus I tend to give people a pass.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I checked many times throughout the weekend. Some times the scoring was working and other times it wasn't. Not once during the weekend did video, other than commercials, work for me. I got audio one time but it was so choppy you couldn't even understand a single word that was said.

I completely agree with imprsme, the coverage here in the US is pathetic. I cringe at the thought of how bad LiveRC's coverage will be when we host the IFMAR Worlds. Hopefully rcracingtv.net will be there to give it the proper coverage it deserves.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Well since I was at the race, I may have not been known that was happening. The Camera guy was working his tail off........
Old 05-26-2014, 01:41 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by MDawson
Most of the video that LIVERC archived is low quality. They should consider moving to a higher quality replay model for events that are bandwidth constraint with LIVE data and events that are bandwidth rich - LIVE data + LIVE video.

There seemed to be a lot of cameras shooting the race - post them to YouTube if you have them. Would be great to catch up.

It was nice to have a race event that tires were not focus of the story as a downside. The EVOs were solid in cool/high traction and high heat conditions.

Event + Management +++++
Tires +++++
Racing +++++
Track +++++
Triple Mains - All +++++
Small Paul +++++

Take my money again next year. For now, Ill have my chorizo and eggs + corona to decompress.

Congrats to the winners in ALL Mains - memorable.
(Reading this mid Tecate ) But on a serious note. This was so much fun. I want to thank everyone involved for a great weekend. Great meeting some intnl' racers as well as racers from out of state and the Nor*Cal area. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. A weekend of learning, that's for sure...
Old 05-26-2014, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Here are a few photos.
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions-_taj3302.jpg   2014 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions-_taj2951.jpg   2014 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions-_taj2931.jpg   2014 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions-_taj2874.jpg   2014 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions-_taj3417.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.