R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-15-2005, 01:53 AM   #76
Tech Fanatic

i don't think we should bump a racer out of stock if they do well. I just think they should be called amateurs. If a racer wants to be an amateur r/c racer all his life, who cares? Just the term amatuer will keep alot of the sponsered guys out of the class, and what company would sponser a racer to win in the amatuer class? nothing can really be done about the sandbaggers and you can't just kick all the fastest stock class racers out when they win a big race. Can you see Kinwald or Dumas signed up in a amatuer class? They signed up for 19 turn at the snowbirds, but would they have if it was called "Amatuer"
Scrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 02:14 AM   #77
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Stock motor's technology has alot to do with the cap that ROAR has imposed. I restrictes the companies from making a more powerful and efficeint motors, not just stock I might add. If any of you have follow the intresting readings we have here on the net, you may remember Ernie Provetri talking about this topic specifically. I have to give him credit for trying to get ROAR to change the rules by making his "outlaw stock" motor legal. I know a few guys bought these motor and there were pretty fast, but I didn't see the point in buying an "illegal" motor. If they were legal I would have bought one.
Team Durango | TrakPower | DE Racing | Futaba | Restricted Paint Worx

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:27 AM   #78
Tech Fanatic

but ROAR's rules only effect stock motors that are run in ROAR sanctioned races. Snowbirds is not a ROAR sanctioned race, Cactus Classic is not a ROAR sanctioned race, Cleveland indoor champs is not a ROAR sanctioned race. Alot of the well known races right now are not ROAR sanctioned races. ROAR only restricts the stock motors in ROAR races, manufacturers are free the produce and sell whatever they want, Local tracks are free to allow whatever they want (your local track can call 10 turn stock if they want to).

Maybe i just don't understand what alot of people expect from a "stock" motor. 19 turn and modified motors are more powerfull and effceint than a stock motor, so why does a stock motor need to be more powerfull? if you want faster, why not just race 19 or modified? I really don't understand, somebody please try to help me understand. Do the majority of racers want $200 "stock" motors that incorperate the latest and most advanced technology that are faster than 10 turn modified motors? I don't understand why people want faster stock motors, don't they know about modified motors? The U.S. only run 5 minute races, does everybody want more effceint stock motors? Are they dumping the latest 3800 cells in stock now?

Why do stock motors need to be faster and more effceint when 19 turn and modified motors already are? Not to mention stock motors are only seconds slower than modified over the length of a 5 minute race.
Scrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:11 PM   #79
Tech Rookie
Send a message via Yahoo to RCHJR

Originally Posted by Exterminator View Post
One of the true inovators of RC motor technology passed away a few weeks ago. Big Jim Greenmeyer
Damn, I have been away form the board (and racing) for awhile. Sad that I just saw this....Jim was my lsat motor sponsor before I retired from this stuff back in the early 90's...RIP Big Jim
Team RCH 1981-1989
Team Checkpoint 1985-1989
Retired from R/C Racing
RCHJR is offline   Reply With Quote