R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-14-2005, 10:59 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic
Send a message via ICQ to crimson eagle

Hi All,

As always John is spot on, if you look at how long it takes for a cell to go from 1.0v to 0.9v you would see that this is not a use ful part of the cells discharge curve. Generally it takes about 5 to maybe 10 seconds, and usually that long if there is a problem with the cell. Cutting off at .95 (or maybe 1v) seems to give a much tighter match.

There is a lot of chargers out there that can very accurately measure less than 0.05v. Yes ambient conditions do make a difference but if mathcers play with these variables to get better #'s then they are not reputable companies and should deal with them anyway. The .001'th of a volt come sfrom measuring a lot of data which has 2 decimal places and then averaging. It is no problem to measure these differences however I think the big question is can we feel the difference on the track? The answer to that depends on how good of a driver we are.

To come back around to the point of the thread - Yes fusion has excellent customer service and the quality of the product is top notch.

crimson eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:54 AM   #17
Tech Regular
Smile I agree - Great Company

The internet is a powerful tool, and I spent a great deal of time looking into some battery matchers to upgrade some packs. One of my friends bought some of there 1.19's so I had a chance to look at the quality of the product; VERY NICE. What impressed me the most was there battery care section. I killed my un-matched packs by dead shorting them-DO NOT DO THIS. It did increase there punch, but took away considerably from there runtime to about 4min. Less than what is needed for a 5min heat. Hence my upgrade, but they were unmatched, so I didn't care all that much. At $63 a pack, with patented soldering processing, what a deal :-)
jw92656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:11 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Il chime in here yes im a driver for john but i also owned my own battery company for 8 years voodoo batteries and let me tell ya something i went around when i got back into racing i ordered packs from all the big names on there sites did not want any body pickin packs for me fusions hands down out perform all others in the voltage ir and feel department .90 .95 dont care they run!!!!!
pony klr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:16 PM   #19
Tech Initiate

well hot damn! i have had the chance of runing the fusions for a good day ( 2 hours racing and 8 messing around) and i have to say that fusions are some of the best batt's i have used too date. now about 5 years ago i was really into rc cars TC to be exact and bought just about every name you can think of most of them didnt like a full day of racing and playing so i would have to have a LOT of packs on the ready but not with fusion, what is on the sticker is exactly what ya get and boy do they run nice. i dont think i have ever been so happy/pleased/content with a company ( in any field) as i am with fusion. i have learnd a fair bit about batts from this thread alone and am very pleased with my overall exp...now all i need to do is save up some more cash to buy more packs and get into some "real" raceing. who knows i just might meet some of the members here. Now, if i can only learn how to set up my m11 radio. lololol

hongbits is offline   Reply With Quote