Wiki Posts
Search

Good lipo chargers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 10:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FZainol
Tq so much for ur help howard.
So AC is a direct power we get from the normal plug point at our house while DC is a power from power supply is it?
Sorry still blur...
If i plan to get those elan mini acdc charger but without any power supply, i still can charge my 7500mah battery rite?
I think you better have power supply since some charger have internal AC to DC convert or and no need to use power supply.

Any people can comment since I also a new guy.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by howardshum
I think you better have power supply since some charger have internal AC to DC convert or and no need to use power supply.

Any people can comment since I also a new guy.
Thanks. Thats y i mention about the elangears mini acdc charger, i plan to get 1 of those, but have no idea whether it will work without power supply..
Old 01-14-2014, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

AC = plug into wall outlet
DC = connect to car battery or power supply
AC/DC = pretty good rock music if you're over 40
Old 01-14-2014, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have been incredibly impressed with my élan r x2, I can't see myself going to any other charger after using mine.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:03 AM
Tech Master

What rules are you limited by.

We have max charge rate of 1C and 4.2V maximum voltage per cell.

Plenty of low power chargers with built in balancers (nice and compact) cost effective and will do the job.

I use an older model icharger for my heli and plane packs, more expensive but a top quality charger. I can charge 2 packs at once at a charge rate of 2C with adaptor plugs but the balancer is external.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B00t13g
I have been incredibly impressed with my élan r x2, I can't see myself going to any other charger after using mine.
+1
Old 01-17-2014, 06:36 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Things I have noticed from using different chargers is the time it actually takes to balance charge a battery, using the same settings. I have used a £50 charger and it seemed to take and age to recharge after a race, then I switched to a thunder power charger and saved half an hour using the same settings. I used the thunder power charger TP610C AC/DC all last year along with a lot of the guys I race with. It is a very good charger especially for the money, does everything you need. I have since purchased a £140 icharger after reading up on them on here, and my brother also used one all year. This has also took another 10 mins off charging time when using the same settings.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bar
Things I have noticed from using different chargers is the time it actually takes to balance charge a battery, using the same settings. I have used a £50 charger and it seemed to take and age to recharge after a race, then I switched to a thunder power charger and saved half an hour using the same settings. I used the thunder power charger TP610C AC/DC all last year along with a lot of the guys I race with. It is a very good charger especially for the money, does everything you need. I have since purchased a £140 icharger after reading up on them on here, and my brother also used one all year. This has also took another 10 mins off charging time when using the same settings.
Some of thatisdue to balance charging. Most chargers balance charge at around .25 amps balance, which takes a long time. Others can charger faster, or discharge cells, then charge again.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:29 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ThePanda
Some of thatisdue to balance charging. Most chargers balance charge at around .25 amps balance, which takes a long time. Others can charger faster, or discharge cells, then charge again.
I notice some chargers seem to hang for ages when getting up to the required charging rate when balancing

Last edited by Bar; 01-17-2014 at 09:08 AM.