Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
HPI Sprint 2 Drift Questions >

HPI Sprint 2 Drift Questions

HPI Sprint 2 Drift Questions

Old 12-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Tech Initiate

excellent wareagle, I would love to see a picture. I intend on doing fog lights, and under chassis in addition to the normal headlights and taillights. Very interested in this.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

what Im running in my Supra body
https://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?...4#.Uqncr_q9Kc0

what Im running in my FR-S and Impreza bodies
http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/38762

of course I bought some other color/style LED bulbs and resistors off eBay to better mimic real 1:1 scale counterparts.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

I'll post pictures when I can get to my PC and upload them.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Old 12-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah well i plan on using headlights and taillights on the supra body as well. I too would like to put lights in all the legit places that the real supra has, and I am also looking to add an under chassis LED kit.. So it sounds like the GT Power is the way I should go. Is that exactly what its called? or do you have a link? Thanks

Scott

EDIT**** SORRY WAREAGLE, I DIDNT SEE THE 2ND PAGE OF THIS THREAD. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Old 12-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Thats fantastic, your supra is fresh man!
Old 12-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

yeah, the Integy GT Power kit I linked is what's in that Supra. I switched out some of the lights though. The rear are flat round LED's to look more realistic.

thanks! that Supra is the first body I finished that I got creative with. Still love this body too much to scratch up drifting. lol
Old 12-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Initiate

im gonna be the same way about my supra body once its done... But yeah I'm gna have to find the same LEDs you did, I'm not good with this stuff. So i still may have more questions when the time comes. But I'm pumped after seeing yours, its so fresh....I don't have the body yet, but I already have wheels for it. Black Volk Te37s 6mm offset all around. I can't wait man
Old 12-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

cool.
I have 6mm front and 9mm offset rear and the rear aren't quite flush. Im running the LP series wheel/tire too so the rears are 35mm wide.
if you're looking to go as flush as possible, check out Spice and MST wheels, they offer 7, 8 and 10 offset wheels.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Red face

Originally Posted by ScottySTi
Thank you for the wise words panda, I appreciate the info. I was actually looking at the MST line of drift chassis, I absolutely love them. Unfortunately a little too expensive for me right now especially being that I just picked up the Sprint2. Do the MST chassis come pretty much ready to run just without a shell? or do you need to build those from the ground up? Thanks Panda.

Scott
Most of the mst chassis are kits, only chassis, nothing wlse. I think they do have an rtr drift car to though. It is one of their kits, just with cheaper materials (less carbon and aluminum, more plastic) though i dont know if i would reccomend this, as you will probably end up getting the upgrades anyways.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wareagle84
cool.
I have 6mm front and 9mm offset rear and the rear aren't quite flush. Im running the LP series wheel/tire too so the rears are 35mm wide.
if you're looking to go as flush as possible, check out Spice and MST wheels, they offer 7, 8 and 10 offset wheels.
Excellent, Thank you, I definitely will do that. Ive never heard of spice...but I'm definitely gonna check it out. thanks man!
Old 12-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ThePanda
Most of the mst chassis are kits, only chassis, nothing wlse. I think they do have an rtr drift car to though. It is one of their kits, just with cheaper materials (less carbon and aluminum, more plastic) though i dont know if i would reccomend this, as you will probably end up getting the upgrades anyways.
That is a very good point, Yeah i definitely wanna get one of the more expensive ones, I just figured it would come with a motor and stuff. But either way, I'm still kinda far away from that. For now, I'm gonna work with what I got and Im gna try to make this sprint2 the best possible. Thats what a hobby is all about. Im not drifting/racing competitively so I don't need to have the best of the best. I would love to watch my car go from stock, and eventually become this beast that people are just jaw dropped when they see it. Im very pumped.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Initiate

yeah, the Integy GT Power kit I linked is what's in that Supra. I switched out some of the lights though. The rear are flat round LED's to look more realistic.

thanks! that Supra is the first body I finished that I got creative with. Still love this body too much to scratch up drifting. lol
Oh, I was also really looking to do a set of fog lights for the supra as well. Im looking to go yellow, do you where to find a yellow led that will fit with this kit? Also I guess I'm gonna need custom light buckets...i guesS? lol I have no idea...maybe you can lend some insight?
Old 12-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

yeah, you'll have to get a bit creative when masking/painting the body. also, you'd be best off picking up some universal light buckets (google them) and Shoe Goo'ing or double sided taping them in the fog light location.

you can pick up whatever color/size LED you need from eBay, just make sure to pick up the right rating resistor to wire inline with your new LED.
you don't have to solder them, you can just cut/strip and shrink tube them. the only things you really need to solder are if you're changing battery or esc/motor wiring; LED lighting will be just fine doing the 'ol twist/tube method.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Initiate

yeah, you'll have to get a bit creative when masking/painting the body. also, you'd be best off picking up some universal light buckets (google them) and Shoe Goo'ing or double sided taping them in the fog light location.

you can pick up whatever color/size LED you need from eBay, just make sure to pick up the right rating resistor to wire inline with your new LED.
you don't have to solder them, you can just cut/strip and shrink tube them. the only things you really need to solder are if you're changing battery or esc/motor wiring; LED lighting will be just fine doing the 'ol twist/tube method.
Great, shrink tubing is a-ok in my book and quite simple. I will definitely look up universal light buckets and I'm sure ill figure out a way to attach them.

As for the correct rating resistor, I'm not quite sure how its measured, but is there something I should be looking for across the board for all rc cars, or is it going to be manufacturer specific? Thank you for all your help wareagle. I appreciate this more than you know.

Scott

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.