Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on new chassis purchase

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 02:55 AM
Tech Adept

Default Advice on new chassis purchase

Hi guys

I know this might put fuel on the fire, but it's not intended. RC is a religion to some, and I can't say I'm not biased aswell when it comes to offroad. But 1/10 TC isn't a great passion of mine, just something I am looking to have fun with during the winter time. So please keep the uppercuts, low blows, and sucker punches at a minimum

Right, the million dollar question...

I'm looking for a chassis to buy, and I'm torn between the Xray T4'14 and the Schumacher MI5. The reason being that I know they are both quality kits, and I have easy access to spares. So I'm only focusing on those 2.

Now I already know that the Xray guys will say the T4 is the best, and the schumacher guys will say the same about the MI5. Nothing wrong with that, but please be specific. All the cars have flaws, and I am more interested in hearing what flaws these 2 have, and most importantly, how do I fix them.

So if the shocks leak, how do I fix them? Same with diff leaks, swaybar issues, upgrades needed, build tips, links to tips and tricks etc.

I just wan't a good decent handling car that I can have fun with, and as stock as possible.

Thank you
Old 12-08-2013, 05:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

I run the Mi5 and access to the diffs and center pulley are amazingly easy and that makes maintenance a snap. The car is amazing on carpet and asphalt and I'm enjoying racing mine very much.

The Xray is a great car, but access to the diffs and spur is not as simple and that means I'd spend more time wrenching compared to the Mi5. Top shelf fit and finish with Xray as always.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SteveM
I run the Mi5 and access to the diffs and center pulley are amazingly easy and that makes maintenance a snap. The car is amazing on carpet and asphalt and I'm enjoying racing mine very much.
Which motor configuration are you running on carpet?