Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Race in the rain >

Race in the rain

Race in the rain

Old 12-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb Race in the rain

Hey guys, please give me some advise about wet condition setting of touring car. Soft spring?light damper oil? My only experience of racing in the rain was ended with a lot of roll which looked like traction roll but I have no idea how to deal with it.it seems heavy damped track offers even more traction , the car was likely been dragged by water, very strange feeling. please let's get wet
Old 12-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aeroace66
Hey guys, please give me some advise about wet condition setting of touring car. Soft spring?light damper oil? My only experience of racing in the rain was ended with a lot of roll which looked like traction roll but I have no idea how to deal with it.it seems heavy damped track offers even more traction , the car was likely been dragged by water, very strange feeling. please let's get wet
If the track has puddles etc. then you risk traction rolling, make the track width of the car as wide as possible and run your dry springs.
If it's damp, make the car very soft and flexible, lower the front roll centres and raise the rear roll centres etc.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

skiddins, what tyres are you using?
Old 12-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks skiddins, I know thats you britsh fellow"s style. about widen the width of the car, do you mean just widen the wheel hex or change the suspension holder ?
Old 12-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Doesn't every piece of steel in your car rust like hell if you do this? I'm thinking bearings siezed, every steel screw that's screwed into aluminum will weld itself in there, and things like that? Do you need to do full tear downs immediately after wet racing?
Old 12-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Back in the day I ran nitro TC in the rain and had no issues with rust.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DesertRat
Doesn't every piece of steel in your car rust like hell if you do this? I'm thinking bearings siezed, every steel screw that's screwed into aluminum will weld itself in there, and things like that? Do you need to do full tear downs immediately after wet racing?
I spray all the metal parts with WD40 after a wet race meeting. I do this with the car assembled as I'm too lazy to completely strip it after every wet race. Then just wipe off the excess.

And my wet cars are built with stainless screws which won't rust.