Search

new to RC cars

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default new to RC cars

hey friends!

big newbie here

today i bought a hpi racing sprint flux. i read most of the manual and did the setup it requires. after running the car for 5 or so minutes, it wont respond to my transmitter.the wheels will move, but nothing else. is this an over heating issue? i felt the motor and it was pretty freaking hot, or did i not set up the binding correctly? i tried to call HPI but they were closed.

any help you can give me would be appreciated

regards,

dustin
Old 09-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Sounds like a thermal issue.

Might want to try the "rookie section" of RCtech, though you may get the answer here too. If the wheels will turn but no forward motion is occurring, it's not a "binding" issue. Sounds like the esc shut down from the heat.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If the gear mesh is too tight, if the belts are too tight, if you have something jammed in the axle or any part of the drive train, or motor, you might thermal that motor or ESC and get what you are describing. You could have it overgeared and do that also.