Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
If you could ask Rick Wilson a question what would it be? >

If you could ask Rick Wilson a question what would it be?

If you could ask Rick Wilson a question what would it be?

Old 07-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, I know the most pressing question on everyone's mind is this.....

In Gremlins, you can't feed them after midnight....but when can you feed them again? As its always after midnight....

I cannot succeed as a ROAR racer until this pressing question is answered....

Later EddieO
Old 07-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DustinR
First my plea

Get R/C in the limelight. TV, Video, Radio, just more exposure. RC is addicting and something they should have a gum, patch, and drug to help me beat the addiction. If more people see the sport and inexpensive RTR kits are available on site, I think it will grow
that is the worst thing that can happen right now especially with all the drama going on...let get everything organized first before we start bringing in "masses" of people.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rod M
can we get rid of bushings and use bearings in stock motors,
i agree!

ROAR has allowed the retail limit to be raised so many times that the price of a 27T stk motor exceeds or comes very close inprice to other machine wound motors of better quality.

Example 1: i went to towerhobbies site a Trinity Monster Stk Pro $32.99...a Speedgem Extreme with a D6 Q-mag setup, P94 brush sys, BEARINGS, adjustable timing a whopping $2 more.....amazing

Example 2: at our hobby shop they have a series of 11T thru 17T Trinity Machine wound motors that have adjustable timing, BEARINGS and to top that a better brush system (P94) that are sold less than the same companies ROAR Stk Motor.

other companies have these also, such as the Reedy Flash (with quads to boot) series, Orion has the Rush (one wind avail is a 27T), Orbital 2, and Speed Series machine wounds, with adj-timing & BB's etc. etc

Note: i'm not trying to pick on Trinity, just they were the best recent samples i have seen

Last edited by fast-ho-cars; 07-12-2005 at 01:53 AM.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Why when the worlds finally came to the United States, We had no active Roar Representative from the exec commity in attendance. I heard T-Rex was the Roar rep?
Old 07-12-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Arrow

Shut down all the GROOVE tracks, and turn them into REAL offroad track...inconsistant, hard to drive,but fun to run, tracks, with HUGE jumps in them
Old 07-12-2005, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trx1
Shut down all the GROOVE tracks, and turn them into REAL offroad track...inconsistant, hard to drive,but fun to run, tracks, with HUGE jumps in them
kind of like every track in the southeast
Old 07-12-2005, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default I like it but........

Originally Posted by lickrim
as soon as we all run rubber tires only out side in ANY weather ...the brits got our number in touring for sure....any weather racing ......

I agree to the whole run in any weather thing but I do find a few problums with it. Not for me but for others.

Almost everyone agrees that R/C has gotton to expensive. In my oppinion this will just raise the cost. You would need to buy all waterproof electronics and that would cast aside our old ones. Or al least get a waterproof box for them. You will have manufacturers making "rain" cars. You will need to have one set of "Rain Gear" and a set of "reguler" gear. I know you CAN run todays cars in the rain if proper precautions are made, but it is just a matter of time till there is special "Rain" stuff that we must have to remain competive.

Another problum is that running in the rain is more destructive. I like the idea but for the industry as a hole I do not know that this is the best. Look at any form of racing that does it in the rain. They all have a higher DNF rate in the rain, for the simple reasion that it is harder on the equipment. The last thing this sport needs is for it to become harder. For the novises that are in it now a few bad rain days "which we would all have" could do him in. For people looking to get in the sport it looks even more unapprochable.

Again I like the idea simply becouse it is a harder challenge and another form of racing, but I do not know that it is best for the industry.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

the brits have been doing this for years and they have no problem..shoe goo works for any esc.reciever..the srevo is all ready water resistant...snow ,rain, sleet...howlin winds we got to get on this type of all weather racing....you dont need any trick stuff to run what you brung....foam racing on carpet is NOT racing, go out side the sun misses you you will feel better any way...my .02....BITTER
Old 07-12-2005, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just a couple of question...

What was the orginal purpose of ROAR and what is it now?

How are you going to fix the electron process so that more that 5% of the membership votes are counted?

Fix the rules so that people can *ACTUALLY* understand them!
Old 07-12-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Addict

8 minute for all nationals that will cut the 7 turn right out of the picture...japan nationals 8 minutes for all classses...rain or shine...japan is a close second to the brits for ALL WEATHER RACING....more .02 BITTER
Old 07-12-2005, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DustinR
The last thing this sport needs is for it to become harder. For the novises that are in it now a few bad rain days "which we would all have" could do him in.
Good. We can weed out all the pansies. I don't think it would be as bad as you make it out to be. Just because there are bad wrecks on dry tracks, too. I think people just have to accept the fact that your not going to finish every race. And they also need to realize that your race finish percentage will decline in rain.

I guess I'll add my question: Why won't you guys get your **** together?! They are making a lot of racers mad with all their BS decisions. At this point it seems like we might as well just scrap ROAR, and start from the ground up... (This is just an analogy to how bad things are going. I don't think we should scrap ROAR)
-Josh
Old 07-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EddieO
Well, I know the most pressing question on everyone's mind is this.....

In Gremlins, you can't feed them after midnight....but when can you feed them again? As its always after midnight....

I cannot succeed as a ROAR racer until this pressing question is answered....

Later EddieO
This is the only question I will ask. Hopefully we'll find out the answer, but I can say that when the clock strikes noon is when you can feed the gremlins, it's a 12 hour window, but we'll see if he can answer that question.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

It would seem logical that Roar should be the promoter of the nationals and as such provide the staff for the events. I would like to know why Roar has decided against having a small crew that is capable putting on all the events at host locations. I kow a very capable race director that has done Nationals and worlds that has already offered his services and was denied. Please explain this decision.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Old 07-12-2005, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

A one of those Brits who is daft enough to run in all kinds of weather here are some top tips

Shoo goo the receiver, esc and wire joins
Alternativly (my favourite) is to put them into baloons, cable tie the neck and fill it with blu-tack
Duck tape the underside of the chassis
Turn DOWN the throttle and steering punch as much as you can - you will not be setting track records in the wet
If possible, use a motor with more winds - eg if you are running 19T you can legally (here in the UK) put a 27T in. I have raced stock races with my 55t comm lathe motor in my car If you run mod, a 7T is gonna break your car, use a 12T or a 15T instead
Remember that the car will behave differently and adjust your driving to suit

And the golden rule, if it rains during Q1 but the forcast is for improving weather...sit out the race, at last years KO GP in my sons Q2 it rained..3 cars took to the track...none improved on their Q1 times.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.