Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The classic touring car debate.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 06:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Default The classic touring car debate.

Hey everyone. Now I know that the real desicion lies on me but I want to see what everyone's opinion is.

I recently sold my touring cars that I had and will be looking to get into another chassis in the new year. The cars I sold were tc6.1s. I love running the blue and love the look of the 6.2s but with so many other chassis on the market, it's so tough to see what's best.

I would be debating between the VBC Wildfire, the Team AE TC6.2 or the Habao H4. I'm not interested in X-ray at all due to the price of the car and would be open to hearing what everyone thinks. I'm also looking for durability and ease of how the car is to put together.

Thanks in advance,
B
Old 12-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Hopefully I can get my D06 built soon so you can get close look it before you have to buy.
I think the Hobao needs a season under its belt before it's a top contender (like the Wildfire has now).

Last edited by DavidNERODease; 12-01-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Brandon_1999
Hey everyone. Now I know that the real desicion lies on me but I want to see what everyone's opinion is.

I recently sold my touring cars that I had and will be looking to get into another chassis in the new year. The cars I sold were tc6.1s. I love running the blue and love the look of the 6.2s but with so many other chassis on the market, it's so tough to see what's best.

I would be debating between the VBC Wildfire, the Team AE TC6.2 or the Habao H4. I'm not interested in X-ray at all due to the price of the car and would be open to hearing what everyone thinks. I'm also looking for durability and ease of how the car is to put together.

Thanks in advance,
B
Id say either the 6.2 although its not out yet or the xray t4 seems like the 6.1 was great and I think it can only be improved upon many of the xray guys have been winning so thats why I suggest the t4 but I hqve yet to drive either im still very competitive with my 6.1not worlds
Old 12-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Initiate

I currently have a tc6.1 world's,and a t4'14...
I am selling the blue car and getting a second t4...
But...within the parameters you've set,I would say get the tc6.2...
Affordable fast...
Old 12-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Durability and ease of use? Sounds like Xray to me. They're pretty much the kings of Durability in the RC on road world.

That being said, I'd go with either the TC6.2 or the VBC Wildfire D06. Either one would be great.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Have you seen the VBC D06 thread and the positive comments regarding the build quality and the lack of slop? The D06 durable, works extremely well and easily gets my vote.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What about the Yokomo BD7 2014? both easy to build and durable. Coming from someone who crashes often...
Old 12-02-2013, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The D06 is superior to the Associated, for the same price.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's hard to say which is superior, but until the D06 beats Kevin Herbert's tc6.2 outright, it's the other way around.... One can say the Yokomo/Volker association seems superior than every other association so far, but that doesn't mean the Yokomo is superior to other brands... Driver skill is the most important aspect here...
Old 12-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

True associated does have some quality issues but that slop doesnt stop them from winning to really see which car is the best they should have 1 driver tune/test on each car and write a report on what his opinions are and then times he ran
Old 12-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc car guy
True associated does have some quality issues but that slop doesnt stop them from winning to really see which car is the best they should have 1 driver tune/test on each car and write a report on what his opinions are and then times he ran
Hara already did that. Word on the street was that his two favourites were the VBC and the ARC.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

I understand your point of view, and agree that Associated is very sloppy and will lose the precise machining contest, but Rc cars tend to handle better with a little slop... I know the top Xray guys like to polish their metal hinge pins to free up their suspensions, and avoid traction rolling... I think the D06 is in the same category, and I am sure racers would rather polish while building than freakout at the amount of slop there is in the suspension parts.... I also was surprised at the slop the Awesomatix A700 had when I built it, but when I checked out my competitors Awesomatix slop, they had way more than mine, but they were TQing everytime....
Most of us also don't have the funds to test all the cars out there... Hara has all the companies begging him to drive their cars !!!!
Old 12-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

While I not yet have the TC 6.2, I have T4 (13 & 14), VBC D06, CSO V2, BD7, Mi5 and A700. As a sunday driver and a regular soul, durability and drivability is of utmost importance to me. Firstly, from the instructions manual, I like the TC6.2's design, especially its use of both balls and eccentric fillers to hold sus pins, this do away the need to buy extra sus holder when the need to change rear toe setting arises, whilst ensure smooth and unbinding operations. That is why I would get one when available.
As for my personal feeling of my other cars:
T4: They are solid performer, their ruggedness is beyond question. Easy to set up and could take abuse throw at it by a regular soul like me. I was disappointed about the 14 sus pin holder design, they binds, period, but because of my overall happy experience with the 13 I bought two T4s anyway.
BD7: A very refined car but requires a lot of care in setting and continued maintenance. Its very sensitive to settings and tires. Its plastic tends to wear quickly and need regular replacement, something of a minus for me.
VBC D06: A high quality kit, turns better than stock T4/13 but not as sturdy, though not delicate as the BD7. Parts quite expensive even over here where the VBC originated
CSO V02: Originally a T4 "knockoff" with the right sus pin mounting which curiously the T4/14 followed but executed badly... but the V2 is even a much better design with the "knockoff" BD7 main gearbox. The car turn as well, if not better, than the BD7, and is comparable to the T4 in terms of ruggedness. However, the car's QC left much to be desired and building it requires a lot of sanding and cutting, not for the inexperienced.
Mi5: its ball sus arms just give more troubles than performance
A700: Hands down the best performer amongst the others, but very delicate and repairs would easily set you off for a kit of other makes.

My 0.002 cent
Old 12-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by blackshark3
While I not yet have the TC 6.2, I have T4 (13 & 14), VBC D06, CSO V2, BD7, Mi5 and A700. As a sunday driver and a regular soul, durability and drivability is of utmost importance to me. Firstly, from the instructions manual, I like the TC6.2's design, especially its use of both balls and eccentric fillers to hold sus pins, this do away the need to buy extra sus holder when the need to change rear toe setting arises, whilst ensure smooth and unbinding operations. That is why I would get one when available.
As for my personal feeling of my other cars:
T4: They are solid performer, their ruggedness is beyond question. Easy to set up and could take abuse throw at it by a regular soul like me. I was disappointed about the 14 sus pin holder design, they binds, period, but because of my overall happy experience with the 13 I bought two T4s anyway.
BD7: A very refined car but requires a lot of care in setting and continued maintenance. Its very sensitive to settings and tires. Its plastic tends to wear quickly and need regular replacement, something of a minus for me.
VBC D06: A high quality kit, turns better than stock T4/13 but not as sturdy, though not delicate as the BD7. Parts quite expensive even over here where the VBC originated
CSO V02: Originally a T4 "knockoff" with the right sus pin mounting which curiously the T4/14 followed but executed badly... but the V2 is even a much better design with the "knockoff" BD7 main gearbox. The car turn as well, if not better, than the BD7, and is comparable to the T4 in terms of ruggedness. However, the car's QC left much to be desired and building it requires a lot of sanding and cutting, not for the inexperienced.
Mi5: its ball sus arms just give more troubles than performance
A700: Hands down the best performer amongst the others, but very delicate and repairs would easily set you off for a kit of other makes.

My 0.002 cent
Sounds like the t4 and the 6.2 win lol cough like I said haha but each has its own territory each has a specific type of track it works best on also other than the guy that posted about the csrs who else has done the testing?
Old 12-02-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
Hara already did that. Word on the street was that his two favourites were the VBC and the ARC.
Any sites indicating these comments? Im curious as to what he personally has liked and why. Sorry to get off the thread topic but I havent heard of Hara committing to anyone yet.

As far as the thread topic....both cars vbc and tc6.2 look like great cars. I am going with a 6.2 myself due to the hobby shop I race at has a lot of associated support there. Im not one to buy all these extra parts just incase I break something and end up not even using it. That being said, I currently own a 6.1 worlds and only had to replace blades and the plastic outdrives. Ive had the car for a year now. So I think its done its job good luck!