Community
Wiki Posts
Search

upgrading servo and esu

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2001, 01:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Default upgrading servo and esu

ok my first question is what is the pros of upgrading your servo. will it make my car faster. all i do is just mess around with friends but we are all trying to be he fastest in a drag race. i have a 9 turn triple reedy motor. also is the novac gually esc any good. peace
Old 10-04-2001, 01:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Default what i meant to say was

is the novac dually a good esc. also what spur and pinion do u guys reccommend with my motor. its a 9turn triple reedy motor. i have a jpi sport2. later
Old 10-04-2001, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

OK all you want to do is drag race your touring car, here is the lowdown----

The dually is a great speedo, but is porky, pay a few extra bucks and get the Novak atom. Less weight = faster acceleration

along with the less weight, let's loose some rotating mass which will be more effective than any other weight savings, so..... get rid of the front wheel drive, remove the belt, differential,front pulley on the drive shaft, and dog bones.

Now make the chassis as light as possible, get graphite shocktowers, micro reciever, loose the front bumper, super narrow tires and wheels for the front (no inserts), and remove the top plate.

Now for the suspension, get the absolute lightest springs for the rear, and the hardest springs for the front, use 30 weight oil in the rear shocks and 100 weight for the front. Make sure the rear shocks are as vertical as possible and the fronts are as horizontal as possible.

Gearing start with what you have and add 1 tooth to the pinion until you feel the acceleration is starting to lack and then go down 2 teeth on the pinion.

This will work your car will be as fast as possible without adding any cells, just hope you don't have to turn...... See where I'm going.......
Old 10-04-2001, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

eeee the poor touring car

why not get a 1/12 or 1/10 pan car for your drag racing? Those buggers are light enough without mods and whoa they have excellent top speed .... and setup/maintain your touring car for races!
Old 10-04-2001, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Some more speed tips: Loosen your belt(s) as much possible, without skipping. Use 1 degree toe-in in the back. Use zero toe-in up front.

Your gear diff in the sport2 is great, since it dont have any power loss.

Don't know the rules for drag racing, but what about a two-speed? (=both acceleration and top-end). And what about using 7-cells packs? Probably best bang for the buck, but is it allowed?

I agree on the soft back end suspension, however take care, so your car don't bottom-out !!!!

I would also consider a heatsink.