R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-07-2005, 10:53 AM   #1
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer
Default Most underRATED Sedan Mod Motor

I have been testing alot of motor's track wise and dyno wise and will say I still like the Orion Core Touring Edition's or the Peak Carrera's to be some of the best motor's I have ran.The Corally Mod motor's do very well too.
I am NOT a fan of the V2 series stuff due to the power band,lack of punch at times and the PAIN of actually changing brushes when needed.
I have been getting just as many runs with BETTER power,Less pain and less change of damaging a lil brush tube by using CS electronics or Trinity XXX standup brushes in the Orion Core Touring,Peak Carrera and or Corally mod motor's and will say they run better.
*****Look me up on Ebay. I will have alot of stuff going up as 7/7/2016. User name is Dalracer.**** This is going to be a BIG ONE!!!!!!
Just wanted to say Thanks to RcTech for all these years of Great Information.
TexRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:35 AM   #2
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You are right about the V2 being a little bit of a PITA to work on but they aren't too bad. You can get plenty of torque out of the V2's but you will give up the multiple re-runs as the aggressive setup you need turns the V2 into a 1-2 run motor like everything else.

If you have V2 power band problems you are not running the right setup. You need the MR springs and either Enduro Edge or Sprint edge brushes. Set you timing to pull ~10A at 2v no load with either brush and your sedan will be poppin' wheelies out of the corners without losing any top end.

That said I sure like the standard small com Reedy Ti with the CS brushes and stiff Orion Core sliver springs. Still need to cut the com every run for top power but the brushes last FOREVER.
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote