R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-08-2005, 03:27 PM   #16
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Originally Posted by seth556
Since I dont have much money to put into a charger I have narrowed it down to:
Dont work your self up about not affording a charger. If you look in the forsale forums and or ebay youll find what you need. there isnt anything wrong with buying a second hand charger!
Pemberton / R1 / All out motorsports / Team Power Push
speedxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 03:48 PM   #17
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation More bang for the buck! Chargers

I know your probably a little concerned about buying a used charger vs. a new charger! Trust me you can't go wrong when it comes to name brand chargers!
I've owned a few chargers in my time and right now I own 4 chargers (LRP and Novak) and they are all used! I've asked the racers why are they selling their charger and every time it's been they are upgrading to bigger and better and there was nothing wrong with them. They just wanted something with more bells and whistles! As for us we just want a good reliable charger that does the job!
If there is a situation where the charger dies on you, don't worry, both brands have an excellent warranty and no reciepts are necessary. I actually had two go bad, one LRP and the other the Novak. One charged me $20.00 including shipping to fix and the other was a no charge and I didn't even pay shipping. One even let me up grade to a better charger for $30.00 with the full warranty as if I bought new! So if you race or practice at a local track there is always somebody selling used chargers and as long as it's name brand you won't be dissappointed! Just ask around and I don't think anybody will disagree with me!
Good luck shopping and have fun racing!!!
Tamiya Track Local. 10,000 Watts of power! ($5 donations for gas appreciated)
Proud Father of GT-1 Past Champion!"Hey, I got to go to Japan too!
FF03,TA-05V2 ,EXO-6,TA-07,TRF419,EVO-6
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:05 PM   #18
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to josh69162

Yeah, you will be much better off buying a used second hand charger that is of higher quiality. It's not only the more bells and whistles, but I garantee you that you WILL get a better charge. For example. I borrowed my friends Duratrax Intellipeak charger, and I thought it was pretty nice. Then I got a Novak Millenium, and the charge was MUCH better. Being able to select the voltage threshold and stuff is much user friendly, and your batteries will thank you in the long run. When it gets down to it, spend the most you can afford to take good care of your batteries.
josh69162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 06:08 PM   #19
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Get the ice. If you use towerhobbies coupon code its actually around $109 and you get a free battery. Sell that for $10 and your good to go.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote