Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Castradamus
So why not develop a top deck and layshaft mounts that allows you to couple them together? Would that also eliminate the need for the braces?
It really is a cost thing. Making a motor mount is expensive. The braces and chassis are simple and cost effective. Also, demand. The TC6.2 is not as popular as the TC6 once was, so we don't quite move the numbers on the product to justify going into a production run of something more complex like a motor mount.

We now have a CNC router in house, so we can make CF parts and chassis at will. This next week I am ordering some supplies to start learning how to cut Aluminum plate and we will start cutting the chassis in house as well.

The carbon stuff is coming out awesome so far, and the best part is that it is made in the USA from USA materials (cue the Bruce Springsteen music hehehe!)

No, in all seriousness if anyone has any ideas or want anything custom made, contact me and We can try to accomodate you. One of the things we want to do is offer cnc router service at an affordable price for people in the hobby industry.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
No, in all seriousness if anyone has any ideas or want anything custom made, contact me and We can try to accomodate you. One of the things we want to do is offer cnc router service at an affordable price for people in the hobby industry.
Good to know!

By the way did you get my mail with my ideas?
Old 10-16-2014, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Yes. Definitely interested, can you send some sketches?
Old 10-16-2014, 10:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

@CristianTabush:

Would you be able to produce a front arm with the rear arm's shocks holes so we could use it with ARS ?
Old 10-16-2014, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Our front arms have close to the same rear positions. We should be able to make it work, the only issue is caster blocks. Maybe XRAY ones will work, I will get to test some soon.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Yes. Definitely interested, can you send some sketches?
Check your pm's soon
Old 10-16-2014, 11:57 AM
jpx
Tech Adept

Wow! Didn't expect to find such long comments from you guys!
Very interessting - especially everything you wrote, Cristian!
My greatest respect to your work and all the effort you spend on testing and trying to understand what really is happening with the car and what changes have which effect!

Originally Posted by irvinew
Good questions; though if you saw the video on rcracingtv alot of drivers had a hard time in the hot weather and asphalt track at the worlds. In the small inteviews HB had trouble; Schumacher had trouble; I never saw Awesomatrix anywhere.
Yes, they had a hard time!
But at the same time, Yokomo, XRAY and Tamiya did find a solution - not only suiting one driver. I heard, hey sent a good time in advance to be prepared! And one-man shows like Kyosho or Durango finished better, as far as know.
So I expect it has a lot to do how much time is spent on testing and to have a good team, which supports and helps understanding the car.
Sad to hear, that the AE TC-team seems to be very few people ...

Originally Posted by irvinew
Anyway the 6.2 was what the 6 should have been; in my opinion
It seems to me, as if AE is a step behind ...
I think to get and stay at the top, you not only have to copy, what others allready have but to understand more and before others.
TC3 was at the top and the other bands had to stretch quite some years, to beat them. But after that we missed the AE genius on the TC-cars.

Good that there are people like you, Cristian, who are still enthusiatic!
Old 10-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

We know that Yokomo, Tamiya, and Xray were all in the finals. But the other makes and their best finish should be mentioned. People are acting as if AE was completely out to lunch.

Kyosho - Krapp - 11th
Wang - HB - 15th
Hohwart - AE - 17th
Harper - Durango - 19th
Sudhoff - Awesomatix - 22nd
Fischer - Serpent - 29th
Grainger - Schumacher - 30th

Whether you have one guy or three guys, you are in the same boat. Teams like Yokomo and Tamiya with multiple top factory drivers and mechanics are going to be hard to beat.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

Hello

The fact that Yokomo and Tamiya both have 4 cars in A final, and that Xray 2 - in other words that the A-final wasn't a mix of brands - show you that team job in events like this is extremely important; especially on these special conditions (grip, heat...).

If you have people like Rheinard, Wilck and Groskamp in the same team, with mechanics especially come from Tamiya Japan to prepare the car, you have many chances to find a correct setup.

This is off course the same situation with Yokomo and Xray, very large teams with a complete teamwork.

Do you have an idea of the cost for only 1 driver of this level for a brand ? Chassis choice for these guys is definitely not based on performance (off course, they don't will choose a Himoto car...), but based on budget and conditions (factory support during race).

Simply in Germany, it's extremely hard to get a German top 10 driver in your team. The monthly cost for a brand is already huge.

So, don't focus your mind on A-final drivers and cars... there are very good cars in lower finals, their performance are not in question during a "one day event" (I know, it was 4 days... but you all understand what I mean).

Old 10-16-2014, 04:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
We know that Yokomo, Tamiya, and Xray were all in the finals. But the other makes and their best finish should be mentioned. People are acting as if AE was completely out to lunch.

Kyosho - Krapp - 11th
Wang - HB - 15th
Hohwart - AE - 17th
Harper - Durango - 19th
Fischer - Serpent - 29th

Whether you have one guy or three guys, you are in the same boat. Teams like Yokomo and Tamiya with multiple top factory drivers and mechanics are going to be hard to beat.
+1

Our local fast guy runs a stock 6.2 with some RSD shock pieces and other fast guys have ran Tamiya, Yokomo, Xray, etc. And the lap times between them have aways stayed about the same. The stock 6.2 is a very capable car.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:41 AM
jpx
Tech Adept

... People are acting as if AE was completely out to lunch.
That for sure wasn't what I wanted to say. Sorry, if that was the impression.
I think you guys are doing a really great job!

... Whether you have one guy or three guys, you are in the same boat. Teams like Yokomo and Tamiya with multiple top factory drivers and mechanics are going to be hard to beat.
That is my point!
AE doesn't seem to have the focus on TC - or why is the team not so big?
Sure it costs some money to pay drivers, mechanics and so on.
But at the same time, money is made with the big pack of hobby drivers to which I count myself.
So why should I buy the next TC from AE when other cars are easier to find a proper setup (not to mention the help of other hobbiest who drive the same car)?
btw - I still plan to purchase a 6.2 before changing to XRAY
But I think AE would do good to invest more in that class! Many others have changed the brand because that's what they didn't see anymore at AE ...
Old 10-17-2014, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jpx
btw - I still plan to purchase a 6.2 before changing to XRAY
Argh! That sting in my chest
Old 10-17-2014, 12:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Kyosho - Krapp - 11th
Wang - HB - 15th
Hohwart - AE - 17th
Harper - Durango - 19th
Fischer - Serpent - 29th

I am trying to explain my experiance...Sorry for my english

First I am a fan of AE cars. I was happy to drive ( RC10, RC10L, B2, B3, TC3, TC4 ....).
At the moment I am driving TC car and consequently TC6.2.

My feeling is that the gap between TC6 and TC6.1 was huge.
The gap between TC6.1 and TC6.2 was huge again and more important than the first step.
Now with the TC6.2 the level is very near Yokomo or tamiya cars.
The setting of TC6.2 is now very similar to other top cars. ( HPI silver spring, Droop, schocks... )
Recently I test the car with front TC5 hard arms and rear Spec-r arms. The improvment was huge also again. With this modification I think the performance level is very close to top cars.

I think and hope that AE is working now to have a industriel solution for the arms (lighter and stronger with new length.)

With chassis flex improuvment, I think the goal will be reach.

After there is the schock point.....!!!!!

With AE schock you have to work on membran ( RSD, TAM, HPI...) on o-ring, on length spacer, you have to drill 1.1 holes on piston......
So at the moment I use Tamiya schocks. You close and there are perfect. But i should prefer use AE schocks oon my AE car....

That is my experiance....
Old 10-17-2014, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I see the on live rc there were referring to the car as the tc6.2 worlds.....

I would love to know whats under the cover.

im sure we will find out soon enough

ed
Old 10-18-2014, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RC Infos
Hello

The fact that Yokomo and Tamiya both have 4 cars in A final, and that Xray 2 - in other words that the A-final wasn't a mix of brands - show you that team job in events like this is extremely important; especially on these special conditions (grip, heat...).

If you have people like Rheinard, Wilck and Groskamp in the same team, with mechanics especially come from Tamiya Japan to prepare the car, you have many chances to find a correct setup.

This is off course the same situation with Yokomo and Xray, very large teams with a complete teamwork.

Do you have an idea of the cost for only 1 driver of this level for a brand ? Chassis choice for these guys is definitely not based on performance (off course, they don't will choose a Himoto car...), but based on budget and conditions (factory support during race).

Simply in Germany, it's extremely hard to get a German top 10 driver in your team. The monthly cost for a brand is already huge.

So, don't focus your mind on A-final drivers and cars... there are very good cars in lower finals, their performance are not in question during a "one day event" (I know, it was 4 days... but you all understand what I mean).

Agreee... Completely...
I'm from Italy and i'm the only one AE driver in my country. I'm under Thunder Tiger Europe, but in Italy there is no commercial diffusion so i'm in hight difficulties finding tech partners as well.
Team work is one of the keys needed to reach good results. I think AE Team did a good job at World's, expeciallly in such an hard situation like that....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.