Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A_Cartwright
I have those too Mike. Not bad but definitely not perfect without the Yokomo top collars. I wouldn't stress too hard about the HPI springs. AE ones are pretty darn good for the parking lot races in our area.

I wanted to give Mike some props. He hasn't been racing long and he was 'booted' out of our local novice class. He ran our scale spec class for the first time Saturday night and made the A main and ran a solid race. Great job!
Hehe, thanks Andrew. But you didn't see the man behind the curtain that was really driving my car. On a serious note, I was a speed bump out there. Now if all the good racers were there I would have been in the D main Spent all my time getting out of everyone else's way. But your help on the setup made that thing so easy to drive. Thanks for all your help.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:46 PM
SH
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Can we have a clarification on which diff build method out of the possible three is the correct one?

It's a testament to the diff, that regardless which method used it still will not leak.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
Are these what you are referring to? Only ones I could find.
http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...oad-Collar-Set
These will screw right into the AE shock body?
Old 04-22-2014, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adonis_mp
Not always. The shock bodies off of my TC6.2 will not fit any of my Yokomo threaded shock collars. I have not tried to use a lot of force, but I did not think that should be the case.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Not always. The shock bodies off of my TC6.2 will not fit any of my Yokomo threaded shock collars. I have not tried to use a lot of force, but I did not think that should be the case.
I heard the tamiya shock collars would work. Have yet to try then as the ae ones work well enough I believe. Maybe im wrong though.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

That's what I use and they fit perfectly.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Mr. Rick Hohwart, I have a couple of questions for you if you happen to stop by. I'm looking at your asphalt setups and noticed a couple things that seems to stick out. You seem to narrow the car in the front in both setups and run with positive toe on the front. The HPI silvers seems to be a staple across most AE setups I've seen. Is this pretty standard for asphalt? I'm new to racing and was just starting to get the feel for a carpet setup...now we're moving to asphalt and was curious where to start on the setup.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

I just received mine and they went on beautifully. Really tightened up the slop at the collar.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
Mr. Rick Hohwart, I have a couple of questions for you if you happen to stop by. I'm looking at your asphalt setups and noticed a couple things that seems to stick out. You seem to narrow the car in the front in both setups and run with positive toe on the front. The HPI silvers seems to be a staple across most AE setups I've seen. Is this pretty standard for asphalt? I'm new to racing and was just starting to get the feel for a carpet setup...now we're moving to asphalt and was curious where to start on the setup.
The narrow front track is standard for asphalt for me. Positive toe (toe out) is common in most setups on and off road, 1/12, etc.

HPI silvers and AE silvers are very close in spring rate and performance. I do feel that the HPI drive softer than the AEs even though the rate is slightly higher. But this could be due to slight variations in production. Both are good options.

My Speedtech GCR7 setup works well for me on a variety of tracks but when the grip is low it may not be the best option. I ran a variation of this setup with my 6.1 with good results too so for me it is always a good place to start.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:34 AM
jpx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
My Speedtech GCR7 setup works well for me on a variety of tracks but when the grip is low it may not be the best option. I ran a variation of this setup with my 6.1 with good results too so for me it is always a good place to start.
Hi Rick,
this makes me wonder:
what would you change starting with this setup, if the grip is lower?

Thanks! Greetings, Jan-Peter
Old 04-23-2014, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The narrow front track is standard for asphalt for me. Positive toe (toe out) is common in most setups on and off road, 1/12, etc.

HPI silvers and AE silvers are very close in spring rate and performance. I do feel that the HPI drive softer than the AEs even though the rate is slightly higher. But this could be due to slight variations in production. Both are good options.

Thank you Rick, much appreciated.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jpx
Hi Rick,
this makes me wonder:
what would you change starting with this setup, if the grip is lower?

Thanks! Greetings, Jan-Peter
I would begin to lower the roll center by removing the suspension mount shims and use softer springs.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Want a better way of securing batteries

Tried doing a 'search' and kept coming up with unrelated results.

I've seen a couple of different ways to secure batteries in a TC6.2 in a few pics in this thread but have been unable to find where to get these upgrades. Are these home-spun mods or packaged items that are available online?

If some of you could re-post some pics of your battery brace, hold-down, or clamping device, that would be great. I may be able to fashion something myself with a little inspiration.

Thanks,

A grateful (re)newbee.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse
Tried doing a 'search' and kept coming up with unrelated results.

I've seen a couple of different ways to secure batteries in a TC6.2 in a few pics in this thread but have been unable to find where to get these upgrades. Are these home-spun mods or packaged items that are available online?

If some of you could re-post some pics of your battery brace, hold-down, or clamping device, that would be great. I may be able to fashion something myself with a little inspiration.

Thanks,

A grateful (re)newbee.
I'm really really liking the one AE just released.
http://www.teamassociated.com/news/l...y_from_RC10com
Old 04-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

So no one makes a "floating" mount like the xray one? They all use battery tape, and velcro?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.