Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

About the car. I didn't felt any issue about flex management. If the chassis would be narrower maybe we could run lower ride height expecially in long and fast sweepers.
I'v founded a real problem on plastics play... Too much in Chubs and uprights.
I solved with an hole and a screw under each part, but i hope in a new plastic set in the future.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
We know that Yokomo, Tamiya, and Xray were all in the finals. But the other makes and their best finish should be mentioned. People are acting as if AE was completely out to lunch.

Kyosho - Krapp - 11th
Wang - HB - 15th
Hohwart - AE - 17th
Harper - Durango - 19th
Sudhoff - Awesomatix - 22nd
Fischer - Serpent - 29th
Grainger - Schumacher - 30th

Whether you have one guy or three guys, you are in the same boat. Teams like Yokomo and Tamiya with multiple top factory drivers and mechanics are going to be hard to beat.
Agree with Rick here , a lot of teams were better represented at the worlds , I know I was pit man for schumacher racing who only had three drivers attending , with no real factory support, Colin Price finished 25th for schumacher ahead of Grainger in 30th and Matt White in 49th.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

I rebuilt my shocks last night with RSD soft bladders and the delrin piston heads on my TC6 shocks.. My only question revolves around the bladders. If I try for no rebound, the bladders don't really fall into place as all the videos show. Its kind of a balancing act putting on the top of the shock on.

I'm not sure if the bladders are just that way since they are soft and/or having 0% rebound is not the way to go. I thought at rebuilt the shocks wrong somehow.

Should I put the piston head 25% from the top and rebuild them again? Seems the piston head is virtually at the top of the shock when you go for 0% rebound and the bladder is more difficult to put on.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by irvinew
I rebuilt my shocks last night with RSD soft bladders and the delrin piston heads on my TC6 shocks.. My only question revolves around the bladders. If I try for no rebound, the bladders don't really fall into place as all the videos show. Its kind of a balancing act putting on the top of the shock on.

I'm not sure if the bladders are just that way since they are soft and/or having 0% rebound is not the way to go. I thought at rebuilt the shocks wrong somehow.

Should I put the piston head 25% from the top and rebuild them again? Seems the piston head is virtually at the top of the shock when you go for 0% rebound and the bladder is more difficult to put on.
I build the shocks with the shock shaft fully extended when using the RSD bladders.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

Has anyone tried ats with a tc6.2 yet?
Old 10-20-2014, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Are there any new revisions coming to the car anytime soon??
Old 10-20-2014, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just wanted to make a comment about the Worlds. They are nice to watch but the outcomes are irrelevant to me. There are too many factors that go into winning at that level to make a comparison. All that is important to me is how the cars perform in my hands. I've owned and raced most of the cars out there and, on asphalt, and the TC6.2 has been the best so far. I have not had to struggle with getting the car to turn as i have with several other cars. So far, I've been able to get it to do what I've asked it to do. My lap times have been best with the 6.2 although close with the others. The cost of ownership is significantly less too. I think it's the best car all around to own. Just my opinion

Thanks,
Oliver
Old 10-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
I just wanted to make a comment about the Worlds. They are nice to watch but the outcomes are irrelevant to me. There are too many factors that go into winning at that level to make a comparison. All that is important to me is how the cars perform in my hands. I've owned and raced most of the cars out there and, on asphalt, and the TC6.2 has been the best so far. I have not had to struggle with getting the car to turn as i have with several other cars. So far, I've been able to get it to do what I've asked it to do. My lap times have been best with the 6.2 although close with the others. The cost of ownership is significantly less too. I think it's the best car all around to own. Just my opinion

Thanks,
Oliver
You do well with the car locally - that is for sure.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
You do well with the car locally - that is for sure.
Thanks, Mark. I HAVE done well with it. You were fast with yours too. It's a great car. I don't think it gets the respect it deserves.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOTMAN

Thanks,
Oliver
I agree with you and MDawson, you guys were the ones that convinced me to get this car and I like it so much now I have two. The performance and cost of ownership is great (having come from 15 years of owning mostly the lighter shade of blue cars). And unlike other manufactures I'm not worrying about a new car coming out on a yearly basis

S
Old 10-20-2014, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamstrc
I agree with you and MDawson, you guys were the ones that convinced me to get this car and I like it so much now I have two. The performance and cost of ownership is great (having come from 15 years of owning mostly the lighter shade of blue cars). And unlike other manufactures I'm not worrying about a new car coming out on a yearly basis

S
Old 10-21-2014, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The potential of the chassis and the team was shown here:

http://www.redrc.net/2014/10/2014-in...rt/#more-87832

Old 10-21-2014, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irvinew

if you want 0-rebound make sure you have a small hole drilled in the plastic cap if you haven't already.

I'm +1 with Rick with the RSD bladder you can build with the piston fully extended. When I do mine I roll the bladder on with the piston fully extended, wipe off excess, then i place the plastic cap on top and while holding the cap down with my pointer finger I slowly push the piston in and out a few times about half way or so, If there is a lot of pressure you can loosen your pointer finger just a bit and more excess oil will spill out. once you return the piston to fully extended it usually has a slight vacuum effect. Clean off the excess and cap it off being careful not to tilt the bladder and unseal the edge and you should be good to go for zero rebound.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

Last edited by irvinew; 10-22-2014 at 12:11 PM. Reason: duplicate post
Old 10-21-2014, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Can someone tell me the difference between the AE shock pistons labelled 1, 2 and 3? I assume they're different hole diameters but I can't seem to find out the sizes... Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.