R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #1366
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Send a message via AIM to racer034life

No news from the world's about the tc6.2 or even a update?
Old 10-11-2014, 09:51 PM   #1367
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Check the results... not looking too good for us but I am hoping for a Worlds kit with all the bells and whistles.
TC7|TC6TEK|12R5.2|10R5.1
Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:50 AM   #1368
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Building TC 6.2

I have a question on building the 6.2. In order to get rear toe of 3 degrees I set the inner hinge pins next to the rear gear diff with a 1 dot in the front and a 3 dot in the rear of the hinge pin. Does this give me 3 degrees of rear toe? Do you set the rear toe with the inner hinge pins or is the rear toe only set at the rear hub carrier, outer hinge pin or can you set it either at the inner hinge pin or outer hinge pin? Does it matter? Directions are not really that clear.

Any help would be great.
TC5Driven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:52 PM   #1369
Tech Regular

Getting back into hobby after 5-6 year leave. Picking up 2 tc6.2 kits. What factory or aftermarket parts are recommended. I read somewhere about bladders, pistons and springs...RSD? What body is recommend to start with ltcr, mazda 6, mazda 6gx? Going to run 17.5 and 13.5 what spur gear is pretty standard? Also a rollout for a d4 would help.. We used to run 100 but I'm pretty sure that may have changed.. (Man i have no use for my 4200's and brushes.. LOL)

Any help would be great!!!
Pat Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:57 PM   #1370
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC5Driven View Post
I have a question on building the 6.2. In order to get rear toe of 3 degrees I set the inner hinge pins next to the rear gear diff with a 1 dot in the front and a 3 dot in the rear of the hinge pin. Does this give me 3 degrees of rear toe? Do you set the rear toe with the inner hinge pins or is the rear toe only set at the rear hub carrier, outer hinge pin or can you set it either at the inner hinge pin or outer hinge pin? Does it matter? Directions are not really that clear.

Any help would be great.
1dot front and 3 dot rear does'nt give 3.
Same dot front and rear give 3
S_fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:04 PM   #1371
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Clark View Post
Getting back into hobby after 5-6 year leave. Picking up 2 tc6.2 kits. What factory or aftermarket parts are recommended. I read somewhere about bladders, pistons and springs...RSD? What body is recommend to start with ltcr, mazda 6, mazda 6gx? Going to run 17.5 and 13.5 what spur gear is pretty standard? Also a rollout for a d4 would help.. We used to run 100 but I'm pretty sure that may have changed.. (Man i have no use for my 4200's and brushes.. LOL)

RSD Bladders and pistons are a good choice, you can drill a 1mm hole in the shock cap to reduce rebound created by air pressure as the shock is collapsed.

LTCR, Mazda Speed 6 or the GX6 are good choices, pick one you like.

Common spur gear is 96t 64 pitch.

That's all I got.

Oo=00=oO
OttoKrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #1372
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
No news from the world's about the tc6.2 or even a update?
They use the stiffer and lighter arms and doing tests with other chassis on the moment. Words from FAST Rick H.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:18 PM   #1373
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Servo saver - I got back into RC after about 8 or 9 years and my TC6.2 chewed through servo horns (might be coz of my driving though )

Quote:

Any help would be great.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:31 PM   #1374
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

I was in a similar position almost two years ago. The cars are so similar but very different due to the brushless and lipos.

Yes, RSD pistons, bladders, and o rings. Makes the shocks super smooth.

I can't tell you about rollout with the 13.5 or D4. I would ask some locals. In 17.5 I run a 95t Spur.

I'm assuming your running carpet due to the time of the year...so I'd start with a Mazda Speed 6. Yokomo Pink and Blue springs. Both are tried and true.

Must have options: DCV front axels - makes a huge difference in corner speed. Of course diff oils and shock oils for tuning.
Other options: TC5 sway bars - easier to work with IMO. Steel spool outdrives - no worrying about breaking the plastic ones or blades. Front gear diff - great tuning option. CF roll center shims - so much easier.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #1375
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

Any help would be great.
The standard blocks have 3deg toe built in. If you use the same dot front and rear then it's 3deg. Each dot is 1/2 deg plus or minus depending on how you put it together.

You can also change the toe on the hub carrier also. This isn't commonly used but available.

Bottom of page 27 goes over this in the manual. Hope this helps!
Old 10-12-2014, 11:11 PM   #1376
Tech Master

Quote:

Give me a shout tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:44 PM   #1377
Tech Adept

Old 10-13-2014, 12:47 PM   #1378
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_fender View Post
1dot front and 3 dot rear does'nt give 3.
Same dot front and rear give 3
Thanks for the info. It makes sense now
Old 10-13-2014, 12:50 PM   #1379
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Cartwright View Post
The standard blocks have 3deg toe built in. If you use the same dot front and rear then it's 3deg. Each dot is 1/2 deg plus or minus depending on how you put it together.

You can also change the toe on the hub carrier also. This isn't commonly used but available.

Bottom of page 27 goes over this in the manual. Hope this helps!
I now see what you mean. the toe is built into the chasse. I would have made a big mistake on my toe setting. thanks
Old 10-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #1380
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What's the best steering servo for the tc6.2 I would like to use a low profile to give a lil more room and less weight, but the choices are endless lol anyone using a low profile servo?
freeman2385 is offline   Reply With Quote