R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #121
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
Any possibilities the quality of the fit and finish of the plastics may be different? I know my WC out of the box came with slop. Just want something you don't have to put set screws in and all.....Just hoping
From what I understand... The plastics will be the same. The slop has not been much of an issue on the track for most of us though. If the plastic parts get better, this car will be the most in demand car on the market, not that they aren't super popular already. I think I have only replaced 2 parts on either of my 6.1 cars all year. C hubs are getting a little too sloppy now but I can't complain... It's been a year of racing!
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #122
Tech Initiate

Hi all
Below are some pics of my well I'm not sure the best name for it but it fits closer to a TC6.2 than anything else, maybe TC6.1 EVO?. Its a TC6.1 WC with Exotek, RSD and my own design parts. Including the upper deck and lowered shock towers with damper mods.

Tomorrow is the cars first major race on carpet the Mini Nationals at Stafford in the UK. Im really excited to see how the car goes on carpet as all the running so far has been on low to medium grip asphalt and iv been very happy with it on that surface its certainly a big improvement over the TC6.1 WC base chassis.

I will let you know how it all goes btw also trying out RSDs 6 hole (1mm) pistons too.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car-hpim0687.jpg   Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car-hpim0692.jpg   Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car-hpim0691.jpg  
Old 12-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #123
Tech Addict

why do you have the weight on the car? have you ran it with and without the weight also, you connectors are causing you to lose a lot of power/energy as compared to just bullet connections, and lose a good bit of weight also you could probably get rid of the heat sink, and replace with a fan. because the heat sink a doesn't work as planned because it is in an enclosed place, if it was in an open space with air blowing on it that would be a different story also it could be containing heat by covering up the up the vent holes, and the heat sink could be acting as an insulator rather than a dissipation device, but thats just my 2 cents have fun
rc car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #124
Tech Initiate

Hi there
Comments are exactly what I want so they are very very welcome! 8 months or so have testing and probably 3 weeks of driving (all on asphalt though) and it's still a work in progress but getting there.

Right, the weight is there to get it to 1350g weight limit so there is no point running without it however much I would like to, the car currently weighs in at 1353g. It has meant that I have manage to balance the weight 50/50 front and back and 50/50 right and left front and rear. Which seems to suit the set up. The connectors I see your point but I'm not sure I loose that much in comparison to bullets and because of the amount of wet weather outside running we have to do in UK outdoor racing which is primarily what the car is built to do, I have always found deans to be more reliable in those conditions. Good point though.

Thanks
Tom
Old 12-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #125
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksracing View Post
Hi there
Comments are exactly what I want so they are very very welcome! 8 months or so have testing and probably 3 weeks of driving (all on asphalt though) and it's still a work in progress but getting there.

Right, the weight is there to get it to 1350g weight limit so there is no point running without it however much I would like to, the car currently weighs in at 1353g. It has meant that I have manage to balance the weight 50/50 front and back and 50/50 right and left front and rear. Which seems to suit the set up. The connectors I see your point but I'm not sure I loose that much in comparison to bullets and because of the amount of wet weather outside running we have to do in UK outdoor racing which is primarily what the car is built to do, I have always found deans to be more reliable in those conditions. Good point though.

Thanks
Tom
i see you point there then although for roar rules its 1380 weight i have the 6.1 non worlds and im struggling to get it below 1400, i got some ideas on how to reduce the weight, starting with a lighter paint job/ less tape/ shoe goo/ and dry wall tape
Old 12-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #126
Tech Initiate

Yea weight was quite an obcession of mine when I was building the car. I wanted it below the weight limit so I could add weight were I wanted. On mine I swapped all the screws for aluminium or titanium, light weight shell with little paint and few stickers, the exotek chassis with its aluminium hinge blocks is also lighter than the std TC6.1 chassis. My top deck and front and rear shock tower designs save a little weight too. I also had had titanium shock shafts and hinge pins made too again afew grams here and there but it all adds up!

Right I'm off, it's an early start tomorrow 4am! I will let you know how it goes.
Kind regards
Tom
Old 12-08-2013, 06:07 AM   #127
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

OK, Don't beat me up on this. TC racing around here died about the time the TC3 came out. Our LHS has a indoor carpet track they run short course trucks on and the 1st of next year they are going to run TC. I just bought a TC6.1 WC to run that had a Tekin RS and 17.5 motor and a Futaba servo for a decent price, I didn't want to jump in with all new stuff not knowing if the class will last.I did that this year when they said they were going to run 2WD buggy. Anyways my question is, will a .1 WC with a Exotek or Reflex EVO chassis be anywhere close to the 6.2 ? Most of the TC cars I saw at the track yesterday were TC3 and the RTR Apex s I'm sure the WC will out do these. And 1 more ? what would be a good rubber tire for carpet?
TIA, Joe
Old 12-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #128
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfnaJoe View Post
OK, Don't beat me up on this. TC racing around here died about the time the TC3 came out. Our LHS has a indoor carpet track they run short course trucks on and the 1st of next year they are going to run TC. I just bought a TC6.1 WC to run that had a Tekin RS and 17.5 motor and a Futaba servo for a decent price, I didn't want to jump in with all new stuff not knowing if the class will last.I did that this year when they said they were going to run 2WD buggy. Anyways my question is, will a .1 WC with a Exotek or Reflex EVO chassis be anywhere close to the 6.2 ? Most of the TC cars I saw at the track yesterday were TC3 and the RTR Apex s I'm sure the WC will out do these. And 1 more ? what would be a good rubber tire for carpet?
TIA, Joe
Alright so the car your running should be competitve enough as is assuming you can tune a bit im running a set up off of petite rc with my 6.1 non worlds car and its just as fast if not faster than the xray t4 and thr mi5 the guy that runs them is really skilled so just run the car as is and the tires we are running jako blues at our track but it has a lot of traction not as much as vegas I guess our track woild be considered at medium traction the sweeps arent cutting it I had some sweeps 36 and they had more traction than thr jakos blues but depending on the track Id suggest getting a set of jako blues and a set of sweeps 32 or something like that fairly easy tires to get
Old 12-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #129
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Please don't get me wrong... This is a TC6.2 thread, so if you want to talk about the Exotek conversation, please use the Exotek thread for the AE TC6 conversation

Thank you and looking forward to real 6.2 talk.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #130
Tech Rookie

Lucky for you lot asked yesterday they are not in the UK till the end of Jan.
Why do TA leave it so late to release them.
FoxRacerUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #131
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtcc View Post
Please don't get me wrong... This is a TC6.2 thread, so if you want to talk about the Exotek conversation, please use the Exotek thread for the AE TC6 conversation

Thank you and looking forward to real 6.2 talk.
Sorry. Far from puking, not the 1st to mention Exotek or RSD or WC6.1 on this thread and Im sure wont be the last.

And thanks RC Car Guy
Old 12-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #132
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfnaJoe View Post
Sorry. Far from puking, not the 1st to mention Exotek or RSD or WC6.1 on this thread and Im sure wont be the last.

And thanks RC Car Guy
Np if you need something else pm me ya I was thinking the same now lets get bk to some 6.2 talk
Old 12-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #133
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRacerUK View Post
Lucky for you lot asked yesterday they are not in the UK till the end of Jan.
Why do TA leave it so late to release them.
I once had the theory that when the TC6 came out 2010, that the delivery route from Shenzhen influenced the arrival. Australia was first, Europe got them second and the American drivers had to wait very long for it. But the distance is about the same and only water between China an the USA.

The importer for Germany says the kit arrives before christmas. Lets see if it is like that or will be like the TC6 (two months later)...
Old 12-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #134
Tech Fanatic

Ironic, since AE was originally America and now they get it last! But seems the same for most brands.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #135
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Keven and Rick, can you guys comment on how say the kit setup from the TC 6.2 handles compared to the TC 6.1 or 6.0? Just curious as a hack such as myself needs every competitive advantage possible! .

Tekno R/C, McFactory Motorsports, Pro-Line/Protoform, Hobbywing North America/FalconSEKIDO, HRP Distributing, PTRC Racing, Ho B Max
Antimullet is offline   Reply With Quote