R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2014, 08:29 PM   #1186
Suspended
 
rcpaintinpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PALMBAY FLORIDA
Posts: 2,739
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
This is correct. TC4 arms in the rear but TC5 arms in the front with a re-drilled shock position.
Rick do you have any pics on how and why this is being done
Is this just for mod / stock ? ???
__________________
TEAM ARC USA --- TEAM POWERS USA ---- TEAM VALKARIA RC ----
rcpaintinpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:25 AM   #1187
Tech Adept
 
GizmoTLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia Beach VA
Posts: 169
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead View Post
GizmoTRL, I'll be looking for you at Debbies, then there will be two.

Ron
Looking forward to it. The turnout has been great so far since the track has been done, probably the best iv ever seen since i got stationed here and found Debbies. I pit outside near the corner of the building, fell free to stop by and say hey. I will be there the 25th and 26th but i wont be racing on the 26th. Ill just be turn marshaling and working on my mod setup for the big race in a few weeks getting some practice laps between heats.
__________________
B5M
B44.3
8.2e
GizmoTLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #1188
Tech Addict
 
Bubblehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoTLR View Post
Looking forward to it. The turnout has been great so far since the track has been done, probably the best iv ever seen since i got stationed here and found Debbies. I pit outside near the corner of the building, fell free to stop by and say hey. I will be there the 25th and 26th but i wont be racing on the 26th. Ill just be turn marshaling and working on my mod setup for the big race in a few weeks getting some practice laps between heats.
You pit next to Tony?
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:29 PM   #1189
Tech Adept
 
GizmoTLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia Beach VA
Posts: 169
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead View Post
You pit next to Tony?
Yep. I pit by Tony, Phil, Andrew, and Jamison
__________________
B5M
B44.3
8.2e
GizmoTLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #1190
Tech Addict
 
Bubblehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoTLR View Post
Yep. I pit by Tony, Phil, Andrew, and Jamison
I'll look for you there.
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #1191
Tech Adept
 
GizmoTLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia Beach VA
Posts: 169
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Is there a certain gear diff to put in the front to replace the spool? I bought a Spec-R diff and put it in the rear and put the original rear gear diff in the front and now the entire casing wont move. Do i need to do anything different?
__________________
B5M
B44.3
8.2e
GizmoTLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #1192
Tech Adept
 
turtlehill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 120
Default Front gear diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoTLR View Post
Is there a certain gear diff to put in the front to replace the spool? I bought a Spec-R diff and put it in the rear and put the original rear gear diff in the front and now the entire casing wont move. Do i need to do anything different?
Are you sure you have it oriented correctly? It should just drop straight in. You may also want to go to a much stiffer gear oil for the front. 2.5M works for me.
turtlehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:30 PM   #1193
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,487
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoTLR View Post
Is there a certain gear diff to put in the front to replace the spool? I bought a Spec-R diff and put it in the rear and put the original rear gear diff in the front and now the entire casing wont move. Do i need to do anything different?
What do you mean entire casing?
thecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #1194
Tech Adept
 
GizmoTLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Virginia Beach VA
Posts: 169
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Im running 100k in the front diff. The outputs and gears inside move normally. I dropped the diff in the bluk head with the same settings as the spool (low cam, 8 tension) and it does not spin in the bulk head. Its frozen so much that my 6.5t motor cant even spin it. But as soon as i put the spool back in, it moves just fine.


So again, is there a different diff housing that needs to be used for the front? Or can i just use the rear one since i have the Spec-R in the rear?

Quote:
You may also want to go to a much stiffer gear oil for the front. 2.5M works for me.
what are u using for 2.5m fluid? Link and description please?
__________________
B5M
B44.3
8.2e
GizmoTLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:03 PM   #1195
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 873
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoTLR View Post
what are u using for 2.5m fluid? Link and description please?
http://www.teamgravityrc.com/store1/...29&id=26632441

__________________
-Mike B.
Carnage9270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #1196
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,487
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoTLR View Post
Im running 100k in the front diff. The outputs and gears inside move normally. I dropped the diff in the bluk head with the same settings as the spool (low cam, 8 tension) and it does not spin in the bulk head. Its frozen so much that my 6.5t motor cant even spin it. But as soon as i put the spool back in, it moves just fine.


So again, is there a different diff housing that needs to be used for the front? Or can i just use the rear one since i have the Spec-R in the rear?



what are u using for 2.5m fluid? Link and description please?
Mine rubbed on the rear shock tower, check to make sure its clearing. Also make sure that your belt tension isnt crazy tight. It might change from spool/gear diff. Also make sure it spins freely before you put the upper bulkheads on. Also make sure that you dont have a bent bulk head upper/lower or a broken/twisted shock tower. Maybe you have a major tweek in the front bulkheads?
thecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:49 PM   #1197
Tech Addict
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Saskatoon, SK. Canada
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

When is the next version upgrade expected from TC6.2?

I have a TC 6.1 NIB, that I've been contemplating building up for VTA, and getting a new chassis for TC stock class racing. I have been considering a 6.2, but could wait for the next version.
__________________
*
Who races a Mazda Sedan...? Honestly...? :D
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:11 AM   #1198
Tech Master
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,139
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

AE wasn't in a hurry with new versions in the past. The 6.3 or 7 will be released by the end of 2015, if they continue their rhythm. What I can imagine is an upgrade kit with optimized parts after the world championship. Maybe an aluminium chassis...
__________________
AE / Reedy / RSD
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:19 AM   #1199
Tech Addict
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Saskatoon, SK. Canada
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

^^ Thanks. What's with the movement to aluminum chassis?
__________________
*
Who races a Mazda Sedan...? Honestly...? :D
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:05 AM   #1200
Tech Master
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,139
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Not sure about it... At first I thought it should bring the weight lower to the ground, but then the manufacturers make them as light as the standard cf chassis. Then I thought it brings flex characteristics for highgrip conditions and therefore has an advantage, but commercial says it is good for low grip also So I don't know.
What I know is that it changes the car and that some drivers like it or it suits their cars setup... Until now I haven't seen someone in my region becoming faster with one. Lets wait for Christians (RSD) explanation
__________________
AE / Reedy / RSD
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:32 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0