Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car >

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Old 06-05-2014, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

I'm just using a mix of the build setup and the standard Rick Hohwart asphault setup on the Team Associated website. I'm using Yokomo blue springs all around and frt spool with 2k wt. oil in rear gear diff. I left all the arm mount and camber link roll centers at kit setup but used Rick's front arm sweep and the inner (long camberlink) hole on bulkheads. The car has amazing corner speed on a medium grip parking lot fast flowing track with a 4.0t mod motard.

Thanks to Mr. Hohwart for an awesome starting point asphault setup!
Old 06-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GizmoTLR
Iv also seen a couple of youtube videos of steering slop with the rack setup. Is anyone else having a problem with excess slop?
Yeah the 6.2 can have some slop in the steering rack. The slop comes from the bushings that fit between the arms and the rack and also from the steering post. If you notice when you move the steering back and forth, you'll see the arms lift up a little on both sides in the front and along the post as well. What I did to fix it was to shave a little off the bushing to make the front fit tight (not too tight) and shaved a little off the top of the steering posts (again, not too much) to make the bushing on the posts sit all the way down on the bearing. This eliminates the slop in the rack itself. Although I've noticed a hard collision can cause it to loosen up again. Just rinse and repeat.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
Yeah the 6.2 can have some slop in the steering rack. The slop comes from the bushings that fit between the arms and the rack and also from the steering post. If you notice when you move the steering back and forth, you'll see the arms lift up a little on both sides in the front and along the post as well. What I did to fix it was to shave a little off the bushing to make the front fit tight (not too tight) and shaved a little off the top of the steering posts (again, not too much) to make the bushing on the posts sit all the way down on the bearing. This eliminates the slop in the rack itself. Although I've noticed a hard collision can cause it to loosen up again. Just rinse and repeat.
I just flipped the bushing around and the flanged part is under the rack. That took a good bit of the slop out. However the screw is too small and the bushing is too larger for a proper fit. Need a better design for that portion.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

On the whole, that steering rack needs a ton of precision to work right and I don't think they'll accomplish that in a mass production run. I guess they could, but the manufacture costs would increase greatly.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 06-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
On the whole, that steering rack needs a ton of precision to work right and I don't think they'll accomplish that in a mass production run. I guess they could, but the manufacture costs would increase greatly.
Well other companies are doing so. They are making a great far for 400 bucks but I'd rather pay 500 and have a superb car with the better quality.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

You have a very good point there. For the most part I'm very happy with the 6.2, just a few flaws where slop introduces itself.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

As slop seems to be a problem by taking away precision, it is overrated! Our suspension geometry kills slop as soon as the tires are turning. When at the table my steering seems to have too much slop, too. On track, I have no problem to hit a stamp every lap.
I understand that slop is something we don't want, but it causes less problems than we imagine it does
Old 06-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wtcc
As slop seems to be a problem by taking away precision, it is overrated! Our suspension geometry kills slop as soon as the tires are turning. When at the table my steering seems to have too much slop, too. On track, I have no problem to hit a stamp every lap.
I understand that slop is something we don't want, but it causes less problems than we imagine it does
+1 on that brother.
Besides if all these kits were perfect, guys like me would be out of business...
Old 06-05-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wtcc
I agree with you here. But on the other hand, putting the car on the setup station to adjust toe etc., causes the slop to come into play.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:58 AM
Tech Adept

I am in the process of building my TC6.2 that i've just bought and hit a hurdle with the rear diff.

Pages 6 & 7 show 2 diff shims internally on one side and one shim internally on the other.

Page 31 shows one shim each side internally (larger OD shims) and one each side against outdrives (smaller OD). This seems more logical as the kit came with 4 shims!

Can i please have confirmation that this is correct.

Did the search and this question was raised but i don't think it got a response or i've missed it.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by svturtle
I am in the process of building my TC6.2 that i've just bought and hit a hurdle with the rear diff.

Pages 6 & 7 show 2 diff shims internally on one side and one shim internally on the other.

Page 31 shows one shim each side internally (larger OD shims) and one each side against outdrives (smaller OD). This seems more logical as the kit came with 4 shims!

Can i please have confirmation that this is correct.

Did the search and this question was raised but i don't think it got a response or i've missed it.
The instructions are incorrect, use this:
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car-imag1233.jpg  
Old 06-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We just got in both of these. They are starting to ship today. Please note the Universals are just the bones! They help shave a little extra weight off of the rotating parts. I even use them in the front with a gear diff.

As for the chassis, the pictures do not do it justice with how pretty it is. I will try to take some installed pictures soon so that the contrast of the polished edges can really pop. I am very happy with these.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks samnelso
Old 06-07-2014, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (94%+)

So how many people's kit where missing parts? Mine was missing complete rear diff. Pretty Said when I order $109 3racing kit and it's all there but this high end kit was sealed and missing parts. AE Will be getting a phone call

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.