R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2014, 01:24 PM   #931
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 871
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Cartwright View Post
I have those too Mike. Not bad but definitely not perfect without the Yokomo top collars. I wouldn't stress too hard about the HPI springs. AE ones are pretty darn good for the parking lot races in our area.

I wanted to give Mike some props. He hasn't been racing long and he was 'booted' out of our local novice class. He ran our scale spec class for the first time Saturday night and made the A main and ran a solid race. Great job!
Hehe, thanks Andrew. But you didn't see the man behind the curtain that was really driving my car. On a serious note, I was a speed bump out there. Now if all the good racers were there I would have been in the D main Spent all my time getting out of everyone else's way. But your help on the setup made that thing so easy to drive. Thanks for all your help.
__________________
-Mike B.
Carnage9270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #932
SH
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NSW AUS
Posts: 694
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Can we have a clarification on which diff build method out of the possible three is the correct one?

It's a testament to the diff, that regardless which method used it still will not leak.
SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:18 PM   #933
Tech Regular
 
Adonis_mp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 371
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage9270 View Post
Are these what you are referring to? Only ones I could find.
http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...oad-Collar-Set
These will screw right into the AE shock body?
__________________
I have Job Security, nobody wants my Job!!!!!
Losi 22-4 - MMP - Tekin Gen2 5.5 * Losi SCTE - RX8 - Tekin Pro4 4600 * 22SCT - MMP - Tekin Redline Gen2 6.5T * Losi 22B 2.0 - Tekin RS - Novak 8.5T * TC6.2 * TC6.1 VTA * Wraith - CC Sidewinder - HH TorqueMaster 35T * E-max - Rustler - Slash - 1/16 Revo
Adonis_mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:05 AM   #934
Tech Elite
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,675
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis_mp View Post
These will screw right into the AE shock body?
Not always. The shock bodies off of my TC6.2 will not fit any of my Yokomo threaded shock collars. I have not tried to use a lot of force, but I did not think that should be the case.
__________________
REFLEX RACING/ RSD/ GIZMO RACING USA/ HOBBYWING/ AXON/ QTEQ/ TEAM PRIME
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:26 AM   #935
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,487
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Not always. The shock bodies off of my TC6.2 will not fit any of my Yokomo threaded shock collars. I have not tried to use a lot of force, but I did not think that should be the case.
I heard the tamiya shock collars would work. Have yet to try then as the ae ones work well enough I believe. Maybe im wrong though.
thecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:52 AM   #936
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 211
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis_mp View Post
These will screw right into the AE shock body?
That's what I use and they fit perfectly.
thejo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:35 AM   #937
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 871
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Mr. Rick Hohwart, I have a couple of questions for you if you happen to stop by. I'm looking at your asphalt setups and noticed a couple things that seems to stick out. You seem to narrow the car in the front in both setups and run with positive toe on the front. The HPI silvers seems to be a staple across most AE setups I've seen. Is this pretty standard for asphalt? I'm new to racing and was just starting to get the feel for a carpet setup...now we're moving to asphalt and was curious where to start on the setup.
__________________
-Mike B.
Carnage9270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #938
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 871
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis_mp View Post
These will screw right into the AE shock body?
I just received mine and they went on beautifully. Really tightened up the slop at the collar.
__________________
-Mike B.
Carnage9270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #939
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage9270 View Post
Mr. Rick Hohwart, I have a couple of questions for you if you happen to stop by. I'm looking at your asphalt setups and noticed a couple things that seems to stick out. You seem to narrow the car in the front in both setups and run with positive toe on the front. The HPI silvers seems to be a staple across most AE setups I've seen. Is this pretty standard for asphalt? I'm new to racing and was just starting to get the feel for a carpet setup...now we're moving to asphalt and was curious where to start on the setup.
The narrow front track is standard for asphalt for me. Positive toe (toe out) is common in most setups on and off road, 1/12, etc.

HPI silvers and AE silvers are very close in spring rate and performance. I do feel that the HPI drive softer than the AEs even though the rate is slightly higher. But this could be due to slight variations in production. Both are good options.

My Speedtech GCR7 setup works well for me on a variety of tracks but when the grip is low it may not be the best option. I ran a variation of this setup with my 6.1 with good results too so for me it is always a good place to start.
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:34 AM   #940
jpx
Tech Apprentice
 
jpx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
My Speedtech GCR7 setup works well for me on a variety of tracks but when the grip is low it may not be the best option. I ran a variation of this setup with my 6.1 with good results too so for me it is always a good place to start.
Hi Rick,
this makes me wonder:
what would you change starting with this setup, if the grip is lower?

Thanks! Greetings, Jan-Peter
jpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:36 AM   #941
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 871
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
The narrow front track is standard for asphalt for me. Positive toe (toe out) is common in most setups on and off road, 1/12, etc.

HPI silvers and AE silvers are very close in spring rate and performance. I do feel that the HPI drive softer than the AEs even though the rate is slightly higher. But this could be due to slight variations in production. Both are good options.

My Speedtech GCR7 setup works well for me on a variety of tracks but when the grip is low it may not be the best option. I ran a variation of this setup with my 6.1 with good results too so for me it is always a good place to start.
Thank you Rick, much appreciated.
__________________
-Mike B.
Carnage9270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:47 AM   #942
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpx View Post
Hi Rick,
this makes me wonder:
what would you change starting with this setup, if the grip is lower?

Thanks! Greetings, Jan-Peter
I would begin to lower the roll center by removing the suspension mount shims and use softer springs.
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:52 AM   #943
Tech Regular
 
OttoKrosse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mesa, AZ, USA
Posts: 329
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Want a better way of securing batteries

Tried doing a 'search' and kept coming up with unrelated results.

I've seen a couple of different ways to secure batteries in a TC6.2 in a few pics in this thread but have been unable to find where to get these upgrades. Are these home-spun mods or packaged items that are available online?

If some of you could re-post some pics of your battery brace, hold-down, or clamping device, that would be great. I may be able to fashion something myself with a little inspiration.

Thanks,

A grateful (re)newbee.
OttoKrosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:00 PM   #944
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 871
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoKrosse View Post
Tried doing a 'search' and kept coming up with unrelated results.

I've seen a couple of different ways to secure batteries in a TC6.2 in a few pics in this thread but have been unable to find where to get these upgrades. Are these home-spun mods or packaged items that are available online?

If some of you could re-post some pics of your battery brace, hold-down, or clamping device, that would be great. I may be able to fashion something myself with a little inspiration.

Thanks,

A grateful (re)newbee.
I'm really really liking the one AE just released.
http://www.teamassociated.com/news/l...y_from_RC10com
__________________
-Mike B.
Carnage9270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:03 PM   #945
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,487
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

So no one makes a "floating" mount like the xray one? They all use battery tape, and velcro?
thecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:46 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0