R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2014, 01:31 PM   #676
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,923
Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main
Default

Does anyone make a stronger spool outdrive?
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:32 PM   #677
Tech Elite
 
R3VoLuTiOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,199
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJames987 View Post
i'm sure this has been asked before

but what parts do you need to make the yoke springs fit and not baggy on the shock. The yoke springs seem to be too big of bore. Do you need to replace the preload and shock retainer?

thx
You dont have to. I didnt for a long time and car worked well.

You can buy both from amain.
__________________
John Tsang 🏁 VBC Racing 🚗 ORCA RC 🚗 GripworksRC 🚗 MotivRC 🚗 GravityRC 🚗 RC America

http://www.facebook.com/VancouverRRR 🏁 http://www.facebook.com/OvergearedRacing
R3VoLuTiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:45 PM   #678
Tech Regular
 
scoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main View Post
Does anyone make a stronger spool outdrive?
Associated have just brought out steel ones http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/31638/
__________________
Web Site: http://www.rcracingreviews.net
Sponsors: XFactoryUK | Serpent UK | Modeltune
scoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #679
Tech Master
 
HB Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Surf City, USA
Posts: 1,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main View Post
Does anyone make a stronger spool outdrive?
Is that really what you would want? If those are stronger you'd just break something else when you crash. Those are suppose to be less expensive than the rest of the drive train to replace.
__________________
Bruce "Moose" Riedinger
HB Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:38 PM   #680
Tech Initiate
 
rdracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 22
Default

Does anyone have a setup for tc6.2, asphalt, med grip, 17.5 blinky?
rdracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:16 AM   #681
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 75
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
Has anyone tried or know of a short shock/tower kit for this car?


im using Tamiya TRF short shocks with reflex springs and reflex retainer. getting much better adjustability with droop and ride hide compared to stock.
jonston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:53 AM   #682
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,892
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonston View Post


im using Tamiya TRF short shocks with reflex springs and reflex retainer. getting much better adjustability with droop and ride hide compared to stock.
Thanks.

Cant tell from the pics but is that a lowered shock tower or that the stock shock tower?

Ideally, I am looking for the lower shock tower, short springs with short shocks.
__________________
● AWESOMATIX USA ● ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ ● HEBIKI DESIGN WORKS ●
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:20 AM   #683
Tech Elite
 
AlanHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Watson ,Louisiana
Posts: 2,938
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall
Default

What problem are you seeing with droop and ride height. Seems like I have plenty available either way
__________________
Alan Hall
AE B5r
AE B5/SC10
AlanHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:16 PM   #684
Tech Fanatic
 
trigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 966
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
Thanks.

Cant tell from the pics but is that a lowered shock tower or that the stock shock tower?

Ideally, I am looking for the lower shock tower, short springs with short shocks.
Hey Mark, Im sure you can use a set of short shocks from the ARC R10 2013 and the lower shock towers from reflex racing. Springs choices will be from either arc, X-ray, or reflex. Thats the combo I would use.
__________________
Minh Nguyen-FD
[Hobby Authority Distribution][Maclan Racing][Xpert]

Last edited by trigger; 03-02-2014 at 05:27 PM.
trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #685
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,892
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger View Post
Hey Mark, Im sure you can use a set of short shocks from the ARC R10 2013(shopviperrc.com) and the lower shock towers from reflex racing. Springs choices will be from either arc, X-ray, or reflex. Thats the combo I would use.
That was ALMOST there. The 6.2 has different mounting locations than the 6.1 on the shock tower.
__________________
● AWESOMATIX USA ● ABSOLUTEHOBBYZ ● HEBIKI DESIGN WORKS ●
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:11 PM   #686
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,140
Default

The Yokomo Ride Height adjusters fit the shocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJames987 View Post
i'm sure this has been asked before

but what parts do you need to make the yoke springs fit and not baggy on the shock. The yoke springs seem to be too big of bore. Do you need to replace the preload and shock retainer?

thx
__________________
Steve Weiss
TEAM ASSOCIATED -- REEDY -- SANWA -- PROTOFORM -- P1 BRAND -- TUNING HAUS -- TEAM KINWALD -- TEAM STEVE INTERNATIONAL
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:47 PM   #687
Tech Regular
 
Dan Hamann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 410
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Weiss View Post
The Yokomo Ride Height adjusters fit the shocks.
BD7 Collars?
__________________
RCAmerica - Xray - Hudy - RC^2 - Motiv - Team EAM - Sanwa - Avid - Max.FX - Protoform - Pro-Line - Gravity R/C - Prolevel R/C - 2MM Designs
Dan Hamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:16 AM   #688
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main View Post
Does anyone make a stronger spool outdrive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Moose View Post
Is that really what you would want? If those are stronger you'd just break something else when you crash. Those are suppose to be less expensive than the rest of the drive train to replace.
The AE steel spool outdrives work great. These wear well and unlike the plastic outdrives, they will not break nor do they appear to create problems with other components.

You do not use the blades with these outdrives so you no longer have to worry about blades breaking.
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:11 AM   #689
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,923
Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
The AE steel spool outdrives work great. These wear well and unlike the plastic outdrives, they will not break nor do they appear to create problems with other components.

You do not use the blades with these outdrives so you no longer have to worry about blades breaking.
Thanks, already bought it and it works great ! No more broken blades. Do you know when those spacers you showed us will start shipping to hobby stores?
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #690
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main View Post
Thanks, already bought it and it works great ! No more broken blades. Do you know when those spacers you showed us will start shipping to hobby stores?
The carbon shims are in stock so should be hitting stores any day now. Or they are available on the RC10.com website.
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:58 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0