R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2014, 07:22 PM   #601
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 364
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I also am having trouble with ride height and droop with the 6.2.

I had been using original RSD yellows front and back with my 6.1wc with great success and have gone to original RSD silvers to get something close, but it just feels too hard.

whats everyone else using ?

ed
Edwin Pibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:23 PM   #602
Tech Addict
 
rc car guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal View Post
I also am having trouble with ride height and droop with the 6.2.

I had been using original RSD yellows front and back with my 6.1wc with great success and have gone to original RSD silvers to get something close, but it just feels too hard.

whats everyone else using ?

ed
The springs too tall use a smaller spring
rc car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:40 PM   #603
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 364
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc car guy View Post
The springs too tall use a smaller spring
Have ordered the RSD ones, have had great success with the older ones, so why change 8)

ed

Last edited by Edwin Pibal; 02-12-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Edwin Pibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:46 PM   #604
Tech Elite
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,675
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Edwin, the new springs should get you the ride height you want. However, I recommend cutting off about 1mm from the shock eyelets to get a wider range of adjustment. The eyelets are really just ball cups that were "kinda thrown" into the kit so that the spring cup does not hit the arm which was made too thick, however you still have a bit of space to play with.
__________________
REFLEX RACING/ RSD/ GIZMO RACING USA/ HOBBYWING/ AXON/ QTEQ/ TEAM PRIME
CristianTabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:33 AM   #605
Tech Master
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,137
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Didn't had the time to go through much spring combinations on my 6.2, yet. So I am not sure if this chassis needs harder springs than its predecessor. On my 6.1 on medium to high carpet with rubber tires, I use RSD silver and softer like yellow and teal. Together with white anti-roll-bars I always get compliments on how flat the chassis stays in corners and how easygoing the car looks on track while still being fastest or in touch to the fastest guy(s).
So maybe it is not neccessary to go for harder springs or if the new flex characteristics demand for harder ones...
__________________
AE / Reedy / RSD
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:02 AM   #606
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 364
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Edwin, the new springs should get you the ride height you want. However, I recommend cutting off about 1mm from the shock eyelets to get a wider range of adjustment. The eyelets are really just ball cups that were "kinda thrown" into the kit so that the spring cup does not hit the arm which was made too thick, however you still have a bit of space to play with.
thank you for the comment Cristian,

I have done as you have recommended and have done the mod to the eyelets and put on the kit springs till your ones arrive 8)

sits much better now 8)

thanks again

Edwin
Edwin Pibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:57 AM   #607
Tech Addict
 
rc car guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtcc View Post
Didn't had the time to go through much spring combinations on my 6.2, yet. So I am not sure if this chassis needs harder springs than its predecessor. On my 6.1 on medium to high carpet with rubber tires, I use RSD silver and softer like yellow and teal. Together with white anti-roll-bars I always get compliments on how flat the chassis stays in corners and how easygoing the car looks on track while still being fastest or in touch to the fastest guy(s).
So maybe it is not neccessary to go for harder springs or if the new flex characteristics demand for harder ones...
14-15 lbs pistons with like 45 weight front and 40 rear I use a 3x1.2 hole piston works for every lay out low-mediun grip keven uses similar
rc car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:50 AM   #608
Tech Elite
 
AlanHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Watson ,Louisiana
Posts: 2,938
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall
Default

I guess I need to use the caliper to figure out what rsd pistons I got with my kit? I got it from a individual all brand new and they are blank
__________________
Alan Hall
AE B5r
AE B5/SC10

Last edited by AlanHall; 02-13-2014 at 02:02 PM.
AlanHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:59 PM   #609
Tech Master
 
wtcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,137
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Whoops, misunderstanding...
__________________
AE / Reedy / RSD
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:46 PM   #610
Tech Addict
 
rc car guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 647
Default

Has anyone done a motor comparison test against the other brands? A test or something?
rc car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #611
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 364
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc car guy View Post
Has anyone done a motor comparison test against the other brands? A test or something?
what class ?

I have run a lot of 13.5 motors with boost back to back if that's what you are after ?

ed
Edwin Pibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:23 PM   #612
Tech Addict
 
rc car guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal View Post
what class ?

I have run a lot of 13.5 motors with boost back to back if that's what you are after ?

ed
17.5 blinky excluding the d3.5 or any other non roar legal motor
rc car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:55 PM   #613
Tech Master
 
rosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,015
Default

I thought the d3.5 was legal until the d4 comes out
rosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:58 PM   #614
Tech Addict
 
rc car guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosko View Post
I thought the d3.5 was legal until the d4 comes out
March something but thats like 30 days away so not going to buy a motor I can only use for a month

also some new parts from ae http://teamassociated.com/cars_and_t...s_accessories/

Last edited by rc car guy; 02-13-2014 at 09:17 PM.
rc car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #615
Tech Elite
 
AlanHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Watson ,Louisiana
Posts: 2,938
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc car guy View Post
3x 1.2mm piston a 14-15 lbs spring front and rear rsd bladder with 550 cst front and 400 cst rear, i found works for most tracks you can see similar settings with kevens set up
kevin seems to run thicker fluids right? i think im going to start with the rsd pistons/bladders and just the kit 40wt and see where its at.
__________________
Alan Hall
AE B5r
AE B5/SC10
AlanHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:38 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0