R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-04-2014, 09:57 PM   #556
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ya..I forgot to order those with my DCV kit. Luckily the local shop can get them prior to the weekend. Looking forward of trying the entire new setup that Hebert posted.
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:04 PM   #557
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
Ya..I forgot to order those with my DCV kit. Luckily the local shop can get them prior to the weekend. Looking forward of trying the entire new setup that Hebert posted.
new set up? the one posted on ae's site on the 18th?
rc car guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:44 AM   #558
Tech Regular

Ya that one. I also got a few things (RSD-springs/bladders, front gear diff Gravity 1mil) since I last raced and was traction rolling by the end of the day
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:20 PM   #559
Tech Elite

You also have to build the DCV correctly otherwise they will come apart.The hook goes to the back on each side.Got mine at the birds and asked how they were built. Also needed a smaller bearing like the reflex ones. Everything else fits fine.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:43 AM   #560
Tech Rookie

Default Drag Racing

I'm going to be using this car solely for drag. Can you guys recommend a good strong servo, a motor/esc servo and a good set of tires for street racing. Thanks Guys
YAMILR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:27 AM   #561
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to FireRacer88
Default upgrades

In all honesty I'm to lazy to check every single page for 1 upgrade at a time...Could someone give me a list to get started of upgrades that are needed out of the box for this car

thank you very much
Steven
FireRacer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:47 AM   #562
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRacer88 View Post
In all honesty I'm to lazy to check every single page for 1 upgrade at a time...Could someone give me a list to get started of upgrades that are needed out of the box for this car

thank you very much
Steven
Love the honesty! LOL.

I dont have this car but I am a fan of AE and had the 6.1we. But Ive kept up with this thread. So this is what I know and recommend.

1. RSD Shock parts. Bladders, pistons, and posibly o-rings and the new springs (depending on your extent)
2. DCJ's or I think theyre calling them now DCVs (dunno for sure). I used the RSD ones...worked great on my 6.1. Make sure you get the smaller bearings needed for assembly. I hear that AE is making their own DCJs now too, but dunno if theyre out on the market yet.

All those I think are the must haves. Now for the icing on the cake

3. I personally ran ceramic bearings on my TC6.1....worked great! Amain at Reedy Race
4. There were some lil mods that I learned from Rick H that I liked. After super gluing all the caster degree parts....drill in grommet screws to keep parts nice precise (no play, yet free)

Im sure the racers with the actual 6.2 will advise a bit clearer Car looks great!
Best of luck!
R1 Wurks Motors, Batts & Fans! | Tekin RS Gen2 | R1 Wurks Servos | Reflex Racing RSD Upgrades
Michael@USPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:09 PM   #563
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael@USPN View Post
Love the honesty! LOL.

I dont have this car but I am a fan of AE and had the 6.1we. But Ive kept up with this thread. So this is what I know and recommend.

1. RSD Shock parts. Bladders, pistons, and posibly o-rings and the new springs (depending on your extent)
2. DCJ's or I think theyre calling them now DCVs (dunno for sure). I used the RSD ones...worked great on my 6.1. Make sure you get the smaller bearings needed for assembly. I hear that AE is making their own DCJs now too, but dunno if theyre out on the market yet.

All those I think are the must haves. Now for the icing on the cake

3. I personally ran ceramic bearings on my TC6.1....worked great! Amain at Reedy Race
4. There were some lil mods that I learned from Rick H that I liked. After super gluing all the caster degree parts....drill in grommet screws to keep parts nice precise (no play, yet free)

Im sure the racers with the actual 6.2 will advise a bit clearer Car looks great!
Best of luck!
A good start a servo saver is for sure Ive recently broke my front bumper rsd makes one that is stronger... new track hit the wall hard... 1.2x3mm pistons yokomo or the rsd springs I hear are good low fricton belts are a nice touch different ball studs as well I mean the short and tall versions
Old 02-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #564
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I would also look into having the Yokomo Pink & Blue Springs to use as an option. And to add to the servo saver suggestion....I really love the XRay HD 4-spring option. The top hole in it is the same distance as stock. Plus this is the strongest servo saver that I have EVER used.

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #565
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
I would also look into having the Yokomo Pink & Blue Springs to use as an option. And to add to the servo saver suggestion....I really love the XRay HD 4-spring option. The top hole in it is the same distance as stock. Plus this is the strongest servo saver that I have EVER used.
Thats what im using broke the car before I broke thr servo saver... haha
Old 02-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #566
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
+1

never lost a servo after I put one of these on my servos

ed
Edwin Pibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #567
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...32-DCV-web.pdf
January 2017
Thunder RC Raceway
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #568
Tech Master

Wow! Are these direct copies of Christian (Tabusch) DCVs?
Old 02-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #569
Tech Regular

they are similar, but the AE ones are shorter and narrower i havea set side by side at the moment (waiting for bearings DOH!
Edwin Pibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #570
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Quote:
Do you have a part number for that servo saver?
jrmarquez.702 is offline   Reply With Quote