R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-08-2017, 04:46 PM   #2551
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
Shock towers have a weave pattern in them, 0.050" should be fairly visible by comparing the holes offset to the weave pattern. How are you measuring the lengths between shock mounts? Holding the arms at full extent and using calipers? Are the droop settings equal? Are any of the shock mount studs/screws bent? Have you double checked the spacer or arm mount block settings to ensure they're equal too?
I'm measuring from where shock mounts on top down to the chassis plate using a set of calipers.

If I have bad hardware I will find out when I convert over to the TC7 bearing caps, shock towers, and shocks. Question for anyone.... Will the TC7 bearing caps fit on a TC6.2?

EDIT: I posted over on TC7.1 facebook page. The TC7 bearing caps will fit the TC6.2. I'm looking forward to having a TC6.2 with TC7 shocks.

EDIT 2: I found out why the major tweak. One of the rear hinge pins was badly bent. I did the factory mod with tc4 rear arms and that leaves a lot of the hinge pin unsupported. I didn't notice the bend because of the spacers. I'll keep an eye out for this in the future.

Last edited by glennhl; 03-20-2017 at 11:13 AM.
glennhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:15 PM   #2552
Tech Initiate

Default LF chassis

I am looking for a TC6.2 chassis to run in usgt, bonus points if it includes a body. What do you have? Thanks.

Ps I live in Ottawa, Canada.
nesbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:44 PM   #2553
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

OK I'm stumped...

I can't find any dcv kits for this chassis anywhere. Is there an alternative? Do you any of you have a spare set or kit they would sell to me? I ordered some through hobbytownusa and waited 4 weeks with no eta. I gave up and got my store credit
Any word on restock?
RS_ZACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:10 PM   #2554
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_ZACH View Post
OK I'm stumped...

I can't find any dcv kits for this chassis anywhere. Is there an alternative? Do you any of you have a spare set or kit they would sell to me? I ordered some through hobbytownusa and waited 4 weeks with no eta. I gave up and got my store credit
Any word on restock?
Ebay has all the parts and pieces and one over priced complete kit. Maybe the TC6/TC6.1 CVD's will fit.
Flash74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:15 PM   #2555
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_ZACH View Post
OK I'm stumped...

Any word on restock?
Sakura #SAK-X27 will fit (even comes with the narrow inner bearing). Only problem is the Associated wheel hex won't fit without modification. I used the 5mm thick ones for the Sakura Zero S (or XI) but they seem to be sold out. Some other brand may work....
Kevin Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote