R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2015, 08:39 PM   #2206
Tech Master
 
Madulla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,021
Default

Agreed. Between the bladders, pistons, springs, arms, hubs have all been recommended upgrades for 2+ years. Even going back to the 6.1 days most of the extra parts by other companies were said by Rick himself to be used. I feel AE has been focused on its Off-road platform and left its onroad program to fend for itself.
__________________
Hobbywing North America Team Driver
hobbywingdirect.com
Madulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:40 AM   #2207
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 879
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

After all these talks, do we have any confirmation from any source saying that a new kit will be available this year???

TC6.2 was announced in Nov 2013.
TC6.1 WC was announced in Oct 2012
TC6.1 FT was announced in Nov 2011
TC6 was announced in Aug 2010
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:46 AM   #2208
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Regina, Canada
Posts: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madulla View Post
Agreed. Between the bladders, pistons, springs, arms, hubs have all been recommended upgrades for 2+ years. Even going back to the 6.1 days most of the extra parts by other companies were said by Rick himself to be used. I feel AE has been focused on its Off-road platform and left its onroad program to fend for itself.

I think the 6.2 is a great car; all my cars are AE but seeing mods on this type is on some minor level disappointing. However although I used to hate it; I now feel making mods of this type is some of the fun and I also now no longer look at
AE's lack of visibility on the news reports on touring car racing events as a failure. From a stock point of view; I am very competitive against similar drivers with my 6.2

However looking at my evolution in rc racing; I think I am doing myself a disservice by not looking at other brands. I"ll probably buy an xray next and I think you'll see alot of other drivers drive both cars. In the end; the best upgrade of your car would be to benefit from the experience of racers who race your type of car; I'm sorry but most of my racing friends run an xray. At least in my club it is.

However; I can type all day and miss a a good alternate point of view; I'm not waiting or thinking that a TC7 will fix every issue I understand with the 6.2 series. Every car will need a mod of some kind; that has to be considered.

My car is RSD blinged out now and last year it rocked better than the stock version; but I can't really be 100% sure; I am also improved as a driver. I was only 7 seconds behind the leader in my B main race at our large event last year; I even led for brief period; the car felt great; that's progress with a nearly stock setup as I was in last place 2 years ago in the C event. In 10 spots I moved up from a last qualifying position to finishing 5th.

My main priorities now are not only better plastics and engineering but a better effort at helping the racer understanding setup theory from the manuals and benefiting from the support that only a club level race can provide. Confidence in your 3rd part support is important as well.

Go Blue; still love ya.
__________________
TC7 Tamiya Mini M05 Motiv 17.5 R1Wurks 21.5 FUTABA

Last edited by irvinew; 08-14-2015 at 12:07 PM. Reason: grammer mistake
irvinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:02 AM   #2209
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,927
Default

The TC6.2 in stock form is an excellent car and an excellent value. Parts are readily available and there is support from top drivers.

The parts the team uses were never meant to be modifications that the customer was expected to make. These were meant to be test parts used to develop the next version TC. But delays meant using the parts longer than expected so instead of hiding what was being done, the parts used and how to make them and been passed on so that if you want the extra bit of performance, you can attain it.

The on-road team philosophy has been to always use AE parts. So taking what we already sell (TC5 and TC4 parts) and modifying them (if necessary) was the plan rather than making one-off prototype parts or using parts from other cars. Sure some parts like Yokomo anti-roll bars are used but this is purely to save time and insure consistency among the team driver's cars.

There will be a new car eventually but I am unaware of the timeline for it.
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:34 AM   #2210
Tech Master
 
JustWill75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DOUGLASVILLE GA.
Posts: 1,785
Send a message via AIM to JustWill75
Default

That's it plain and simple..... out of the box the TC6.2 is a awesome car. You don't have to modify much at all to be competitive. Competition, the want to win is what drives further development of a platform. This is what you see when Team drivers are using an assortment of new parts. Do you have to do the same things? No not really, but it is cool that Associated allowed this info to be seen so we all can try. In the end we are helping with that same development to make something better. Back in the day you got beat by a prototype car and had no idea. I will be doing some back to back comparing myself to see what the changes do for me...
__________________
TEAM ASSOCIATED // REEDY POWER // BLAST RC
JustWill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:45 PM   #2211
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,444
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
The TC6.2 in stock form is an excellent car and an excellent value. Parts are readily available and there is support from top drivers.

The parts the team uses were never meant to be modifications that the customer was expected to make. These were meant to be test parts used to develop the next version TC. But delays meant using the parts longer than expected so instead of hiding what was being done, the parts used and how to make them and been passed on so that if you want the extra bit of performance, you can attain it.

The on-road team philosophy has been to always use AE parts. So taking what we already sell (TC5 and TC4 parts) and modifying them (if necessary) was the plan rather than making one-off prototype parts or using parts from other cars. Sure some parts like Yokomo anti-roll bars are used but this is purely to save time and insure consistency among the team driver's cars.

There will be a new car eventually but I am unaware of the timeline for it.
bingo....

so if the cat is still in the bag, and I know how to let it out....can I ?...lol
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform
2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.
Sept 21-24th @ Thunder RC Raceway
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:13 PM   #2212
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,444
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

here is what my stock TC6 series cars have done since 2012....

2012 Snowbirds AM TC 17.5 TQ and Champion, 2nd place VTA
2012 Thunder Jam Midwest Grand Slam TQ and Champion VTA and USGT
2012 USVTA Scale Nationals TQ and 2nd VTA
2012 One Lug Duel TQ and Champion VTA and 17.5 TC
2012 Georgia On Road Championships TQ and Champion VTA,USGT, and 17.5 TC
2013 Thunder Jam V TQ and Champion VTA and USGT
2013 Halloween Classic Champion VTA
2014 Thunder Jam VI TQ and Champion VTA and USGT
2014 Indy Champs TQ and dq VTA, 2nd USGT
2014 One Lug Carpet Showdown TQ and Champion VTA
2015....standby.......

all with AE parts and support....and mostly box stock setup. And I am nowhere near as good of a driver as other team members....but it holds it own and gets the job done. I have made the A-main in almost every race I have traveled to and locally with the TC6 series cars. They are more than capable of win and fun time.

enjoy your rides and make sure you are faster than your car before you get to wrapped up in extras, mods, and aftermarket parts
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform
2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.
Sept 21-24th @ Thunder RC Raceway
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:33 PM   #2213
Tech Fanatic
 
bertottius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Barrington, NJ
Posts: 933
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
here is what my stock TC6 series cars have done since 2012....

2012 Snowbirds AM TC 17.5 TQ and Champion, 2nd place VTA
2012 Thunder Jam Midwest Grand Slam TQ and Champion VTA and USGT
2012 USVTA Scale Nationals TQ and 2nd VTA
2012 One Lug Duel TQ and Champion VTA and 17.5 TC
2012 Georgia On Road Championships TQ and Champion VTA,USGT, and 17.5 TC
2013 Thunder Jam V TQ and Champion VTA and USGT
2013 Halloween Classic Champion VTA
2014 Thunder Jam VI TQ and Champion VTA and USGT
2014 Indy Champs TQ and dq VTA, 2nd USGT
2014 One Lug Carpet Showdown TQ and Champion VTA
2015....standby.......

all with AE parts and support....and mostly box stock setup. And I am nowhere near as good of a driver as other team members....but it holds it own and gets the job done. I have made the A-main in almost every race I have traveled to and locally with the TC6 series cars. They are more than capable of win and fun time.

enjoy your rides and make sure you are faster than your car before you get to wrapped up in extras, mods, and aftermarket parts
Showoff
__________________
CHRIS BERTOTTI
www.teamirsrc.com
bodiesbybean.com
bertottius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:14 PM   #2214
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Regina, Canada
Posts: 180
Default

[QUOTE=DARKSIDE;14140565]here is what my stock TC6 series cars have done since 2012....

enjoy your rides and make sure you are faster than your car before you get to wrapped up in extras, mods, and aftermarket parts


Very good point.
__________________
TC7 Tamiya Mini M05 Motiv 17.5 R1Wurks 21.5 FUTABA
irvinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:37 PM   #2215
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,444
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertottius View Post
Showoff
lol...those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head...lol...

but I lost my share too....but it had nothing to do with the car.

Im just one guy who truly believes in the product from my TC3,TC4,TC5,TC6, TC6.1, TC6.1 WC, to my TC6.2 and half.....Associated makes the best overall onroad car when you factor everything from price, performance, durability, parts, and so on....from average weekend racer to beginner to National title contenders....AE has what you looking for....

my 3 years worth
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform
2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.
Sept 21-24th @ Thunder RC Raceway
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:07 PM   #2216
Tech Master
 
JustWill75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DOUGLASVILLE GA.
Posts: 1,785
Send a message via AIM to JustWill75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
lol...those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head...lol...

but I lost my share too....but it had nothing to do with the car.

Im just one guy who truly believes in the product from my TC3,TC4,TC5,TC6, TC6.1, TC6.1 WC, to my TC6.2 and half.....Associated makes the best overall onroad car when you factor everything from price, performance, durability, parts, and so on....from average weekend racer to beginner to National title contenders....AE has what you looking for....

my 3 years worth


Nuff said....... My Man Drop the Mic on you guys......
__________________
TEAM ASSOCIATED // REEDY POWER // BLAST RC

Last edited by JustWill75; 08-14-2015 at 06:16 PM.
JustWill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:14 AM   #2217
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Im really enjoying racing the TC6.2. I have been out of the on road scene for a few years and just got back in a month or so ago. I changed the front outdrives to the steel set. that is all. I am battling with my buddy for 1st and 2nd every race who also runs this car. we are killing the current crop of latest and greatest cars. It is coming down to driver, not car. The so called advantages of cars released this year are minimal at best. Im sure AE will release a car to replace this one eventually but in my opinion, you only fix something that is broken. This car is a great car.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:53 PM   #2218
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3
Default Missing parts?

I just ordered the this kit online, but bag 'F' was missing the front blocks and rear hubs? It kind of killed the happy mood, but I had ordered a spare front block set with the kit and picked up the rear hub local to complete the build. Just..man..oh well. No biggie, I guess. Not sure if I need or will bother to contact the mfg, as the seller emailed and said they may send them to me.
I have yet to race it, maybe this weekend, but looking forward to running it. It looks really good.
edracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:44 PM   #2219
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Regina, Canada
Posts: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edracer View Post
I just ordered the this kit online, but bag 'F' was missing the front blocks and rear hubs? It kind of killed the happy mood, but I had ordered a spare front block set with the kit and picked up the rear hub local to complete the build. Just..man..oh well. No biggie, I guess. Not sure if I need or will bother to contact the mfg, as the seller emailed and said they may send them to me.
I have yet to race it, maybe this weekend, but looking forward to running it. It looks really good.
AE customer support is quite good I find; If all else fails I would contact them. Good luck!
__________________
TC7 Tamiya Mini M05 Motiv 17.5 R1Wurks 21.5 FUTABA
irvinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 02:39 PM   #2220
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 89
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to sublimize23
Default

This is actually for the TC6.1 WC but probably applies to all, how much belt tension should there be? My car has some use so the belts are likely stretched a little, but I don't know about how much tension to set the tensioners too.
sublimize23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:03 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net