Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car >

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Like Tree3Likes

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car

Old 12-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keven H
The TC6.2 being a new improved plateform I am sure the car will be better suited for most track out of the box. Unfortunately at this point I am not quite sure what the kit setup will be but once the car is out there will be setups online for it, rick already has an outdoor setup and there will be 2 or 3 of my latest setup I ran at the last few races I need to send in this week.

on a good note, I can see a lot of part in stock on team associated website, heard only a few minor things missing to seal the boxes and ship them !
Thanks Keven! Looking forward to new season and best of luck in 2014!
Old 12-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
I can always count on the tc6.2's big brother(tc4) to get the job done.....
TROLL?
Old 12-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Keven's TC6.2 clinic....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zA14ZMMBQhU
Old 12-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

his car was definitely the best looking however it did look like he could use a bit of throttle expo, a bit slow to get up to speed is what i mean, you can really see this around the 4 min mark when the yellow car is starting to follow/catch up with him
Old 12-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

Thanks Logi maker for the video... Perfect lines from Herbert, and Volker like Performance... I believe the Herbert/tc6.2 combo will at last challenge Volker, should they meet.... Good Job Keven !!!!!
Old 12-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

He is an awesome guy and always willing to help out... Mike Haynes too. He put on a clinic with both his .2 cars. He has been on fire lately and I am proud to be a Fanboy...

Fanboy pics with Keven and Mike at the 2013 TZGP...

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car-received_m_mid_1384809155928_a4871d298296815646_0.jpeg

Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car-fanboyhaynes-l.jpeg
Old 12-13-2013, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Man I can't wait to get mine. It's crazy because I just got my 6.1 to podium contention level at my home track....lol. almost all the other racers have switched to Xray or ARC.

For On road racing I'm the only blue pit in the state of Georgia.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustWill75
For On road racing I'm the only blue pit in the state of Georgia.
But you make it look good! That's what counts, right?

-Mike
Old 12-13-2013, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by grippgoat
But you make it look good! That's what counts, right?

-Mike
Look good winning or losing.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)
Default front spool cup durability?

has anyone tested the car doing mod? Is the front spool holding up to the abuse without breaking? I'm looking for a very durable car for 4.0 turn motors in parking lot racing.

very excited about this car
Old 12-17-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I see amain updated their date to 12/24 now instead of 12/31......possibly shipping out to retailers later this week?
Old 12-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TJames987
has anyone tested the car doing mod? Is the front spool holding up to the abuse without breaking? I'm looking for a very durable car for 4.0 turn motors in parking lot racing.

You must be running on a very large and smooth PL track to be using a 4.0T motor. I don't know if the 6.2 is still using the plastic outdrives but if you run the front track width too narrow, the blades won't last long regardless of the class.
The spool itself is fine but I prefer the metal outdrives for better durability. I pretty much only use the TC6 slipper spool on pavement exclusively as it has proven to be very reliable.

The Associated team has been running the TC6.2 in mod but from what I gather, most has been on carpet thus far.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TJames987

The TC6.2 comes with a spool equipped with plastic out drives. Spool outdrives are stressed when you hit a board. The harder you hit and the more solid the board, the easier it is to break something. The power of a 4.0 is no problem for the spool. You are not going to break it unless you hit something.

For improved durability, AE now offers optional steel spool outdrives. These are not only themselves stronger, but the plastic blade which is also prone to breaking is eliminated. This will be your most durable spool setup and what most if the team drivers will use when they choose to use a spool.

You might not even want to use a spool. The use of gear diffs is pretty common for asphalt racing so you might want to look at that as an alternative.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The TC6.2 comes with a spool equipped with plastic out drives. Spool outdrives are stressed when you hit a board. The harder you hit and the more solid the board, the easier it is to break something. The power of a 4.0 is no problem for the spool. You are not going to break it unless you hit something.

For improved durability, AE now offers optional steel spool outdrives. These are not only themselves stronger, but the plastic blade which is also prone to breaking is eliminated. This will be your most durable spool setup and what most if the team drivers will use when they choose to use a spool.

You might not even want to use a spool. The use of gear diffs is pretty common for asphalt racing so you might want to look at that as an alternative.
Thanks for the clarification Rick.

I have actually had nothing but trouble with the plastic outdrives breaking blades. Even during a clean run one would fail. Is this a symptom of the track width in the front being too narrow? I quit using them before testing a little shimming of the arm mounts. Once I switched back to the diff or slipper spool, the problem went away. I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I usually run the diff for 17.5 but prefer the spool for mod.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YoDog
Thanks for the clarification Rick.

I have actually had nothing but trouble with the plastic outdrives breaking blades. Even during a clean run one would fail. Is this a symptom of the track width in the front being too narrow? I quit using them before testing a little shimming of the arm mounts. Once I switched back to the diff or slipper spool, the problem went away. I know I'm not the only one with this problem. I usually run the diff for 17.5 but prefer the spool for mod.
If the blades are bottoming out when the front end is too narrow they might break.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.